+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

laroche

Jun 13, 2018
Hi, regarding to the question:
Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry to, or ordered to leave Canada or any other country/territory?
Some years ago, I was refused entry to US, even having a visa (without any clear explanation). But, I hold two passports, and the one I am using to request the eTA, is different from that one. So, which should be my answer in that question, please?
Thank you! Merci!

Last edited:

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry to, or ordered to leave Canada or any other country/territory?
Some years ago, I was refused entry to US, even having a visa (without any clear explanation). But, I hold two passports, and the one I am using to request the eTA, is different from that one. So, which should be my answer in that question, please?
It will be only for a few days stay, but I am still wondering about... Thank you! Merci!
Whatever passport you have right now, Answer to that question should be "YES", and describe the situation/reasons in comments box under it.
In any situation don't think of putting NO.

Last edited:
Reactions: laroche

tamaraw

Jun 13, 2018
May I ask why you would ask that question?

The question posed on the application is "have you ever been refused...". You say you were refused entry to the U.S. There's the answer. Or are you really asking whether you can get away with providing a deceitful answer by some sleight of hand by reason of holding two passports?

I am sorry if my post (only my second here, so I am someone with zero credibility) seems harsh, but I read your query as testing the waters about whether you should try answering dishonestly. Perhaps I have read it wrong, in which case, my apology.

laroche

Jun 13, 2018
May I ask why you would ask that question?

The question posed on the application is "have you ever been refused...". You say you were refused entry to the U.S. There's the answer. Or are you really asking whether you can get away with providing a deceitful answer by some sleight of hand by reason of holding two passports?

I am sorry if my post (only my second here, so I am someone with zero credibility) seems harsh, but I read your query as testing the waters about whether you should try answering dishonestly. Perhaps I have read it wrong, in which case, my apology.

No, never. It was because I found ambiguous answers... and I wanted really to give the right answer. Therefore I putted all the details on my question. I was probably naive or stupid asking that so. Sorry about.

tamaraw

Jun 13, 2018
Good answer, laroche. I accept your word there was no dishonest motive. Yeah, maybe naive. I doubt you are stupid. Carry on and good luck

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you! Merci!
You must answer truthfully - which means answering "yes". The question is not whether the current passport you hold has ever been refused - it's whether you have ever been refused. Failure to answer truthfully will result in a refusal of your ETA and put you at high risk of being given a misrepresentation ban (no entry into Canada for 5 years).