+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London... Resident United Arab Emirates... National Pakistan...
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
09, July 2015... AOR2 10, Aug 2015
File Transfer...
29, July 2015... In Process 6, Aug 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Waived... Decision Made 12, Nov 2015
Passport Req..
24, Nov 2015... Passport Sent 1, Dec 2015
VISA ISSUED...
09, Dec 2015... PP & COPR rcvd 16, Dec 2015
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
Hi Friends,

Any one have news about this new rule to travel Canada.

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

www.canada.ca/Eta

Please share your views.

Rgds,

Sarim

kangamoose

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2015
AOR Received.
02/09/2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 06/10/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11/07/2015
Passport Req..
DM 10/02/2016 Passport Copy Request 11/02/2016
LANDED..........
03/03/2016
Seems like its similar to the ESTA needed to travel to the USA. I've done that a few times, its simple enough. The only problem I can foresee is those who have been granted PR (from a visa exempt country) but are yet to receive the PR card needing to obtain a travel document to leave Canada.

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London... Resident United Arab Emirates... National Pakistan...
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
09, July 2015... AOR2 10, Aug 2015
File Transfer...
29, July 2015... In Process 6, Aug 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Waived... Decision Made 12, Nov 2015
Passport Req..
24, Nov 2015... Passport Sent 1, Dec 2015
VISA ISSUED...
09, Dec 2015... PP & COPR rcvd 16, Dec 2015
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
I guess this is only for TRV..

But one time u will apply ETa, it will valid for 6 years.

sekina1

Aug 28, 2012
Hi dear Members,

I`m looking for some advice. I just checked the new eTA application form and found a question. It says:

"Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?
Select "yes" if, in the past, you submitted an application to come to Canada, such as a study permit, work permit or visitor visa."

This is a point where I got confused. It is important to know that previously I did applied to enter and remain in Canada with my family as refugees in 2009 but our claim has been denied and we were deported to the home country in 2012. Form than I try to get back somehow, of course legally. For me it is not really unequivocal this question to answer because it listing only three types of application.

Because of that, what you think guys, should I try to fill the application? And what if the application will be positive judged?
It very important for me because I do not want to get any trouble because of the following:

"Declaration of Applicant
I have read and understand the above declaration.

I declare that the information I have given in this application is truthful, complete and correct.

I understand that misrepresentation is an offence under section 127 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and may result in a finding of inadmissibility to Canada or removal from Canada.

I agree that by typing my name and clicking sign, I am electronically signing my application."

Thanks for any comment and advice.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
sekina1 said:
"Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?
Select "yes" if, in the past, you submitted an application to come to Canada, such as a study permit, work permit or visitor visa."

This is a point where I got confused. It is important to know that previously I did applied to enter and remain in Canada with my family as refugees in 2009 but our claim has been denied and we were deported to the home country in 2012. Form than I try to get back somehow, of course legally. For me it is not really unequivocal this question to answer because it listing only three types of application.
The three types they listed are merely examples. You must answer "Yes" to that question. With a failed refugee application, you have little chance of being approved to visit Canada. Also, if you were issued a deportation order, you must apply for an ARC, Authorization to Return to Canada. Again, with a failed refugee app, the ARC has little chance of being approved.

sekina1

Aug 28, 2012
canuck_in_uk said:
The three types they listed are merely examples. You must answer "Yes" to that question. With a failed refugee application, you have little chance of being approved to visit Canada. Also, if you were issued a deportation order, you must apply for an ARC, Authorization to Return to Canada. Again, with a failed refugee app, the ARC has little chance of being approved.
A lot o thanx for your useful answer. I knew that the ARC thing is very hard to get it no matter if my siblings living there as Canadian citizens. Unbelievable that the CIC closed the doors forever to those who was deported once no matter if I lived normal life with my family paying tax, no criminal etc. I tried to apply for H&C before our deportation date, but we got the answer from them in our home country that it is failed without reason. H&C didn`t specified the reason of it :-[

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
sekina1 said:
A lot o thanx for your useful answer. I knew that the ARC thing is very hard to get it no matter if my siblings living there as Canadian citizens. Unbelievable that the CIC closed the doors forever to those who was deported once no matter if I lived normal life with my family paying tax, no criminal etc. I tried to apply for H&C before our deportation date, but we got the answer from them in our home country that it is failed without reason. H&C didn`t specified the reason of it :-[
CIC confirmed it's mandatory starting from March 2016. For those entering Canada before that, it's optional.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
sekina1 said:
It is not at all unbelievable. You have shown that you want to remain in Canada permanently. You even went so far as to file an illegitimate refugee claim (I say illegitimate because CIC refused it). You are a high risk for overstaying in Canada, so CIC will not let you in as a temporary resident.

However, the doors are not closed forever. If you were to qualify for PR, the app would have a very good chance of approval. I suggest you focus your efforts on qualifying for one of the economic PR streams.

sekina1

Aug 28, 2012
canuck_in_uk said:
It is not at all unbelievable. You have shown that you want to remain in Canada permanently. You even went so far as to file an illegitimate refugee claim (I say illegitimate because CIC refused it). You are a high risk for overstaying in Canada, so CIC will not let you in as a temporary resident.

However, the doors are not closed forever. If you were to qualify for PR, the app would have a very good chance of approval. I suggest you focus your efforts on qualifying for one of the economic PR streams.
Sorry but I nor really understand that. I wasn`t qualified for PR just because my refugee claim had been refused by CIC. As far as a I know, if my claim go through than I would be eligible to apply for the PR. Can be that I have just part information?

Other. I do not think so that I had a not illegitimate claim just because it`s been refused. The judge decided so that in my country there is no persecution and our life is not in danger so there is no risk to send us back to home country. In other hand I know a lot of families who where from the same country and the basic reason of their story was the same like mine and in their case was determinate by the judge that the country they came from is very risky to the send them back. So, their claim went through successfully and they got protection.
The other important thing about in my case that I would be overstayed after all. As the officer asked me if we would like to leave Canada if the exact time will be determined. I told her that we wouldn`t like to, but if there is no any other choice than of course we will show up on the airport. She misunderstood (maybe direct), and she thought that we do not want to leave the country and want to overstay or whatever. For this reason I had to show up every week in the office until time came to show up up in the YVR phisically what we did of course in everything cooperated with them.
So that`s my problem, that after a lot of searching what my deportation really means. I found out, that the "deportation departure" whatever (don`t remember exactly) means that this is the worst category and get it those who had any criminal stuff or dangerous for the country or wasn`t cooperative with the CBSA or overstayed etc. For that kind of people has no chance to get back to Canada. There is only one thing for us or me the ARC which you know better than me, that is equal with the zero, if you do not have a spouse candidate there who is citizen, or owns PR...

Sorry for my bad English and poor vocabulary but I hope it still understandable. :)

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016

kangamoose

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2015
AOR Received.
02/09/2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 06/10/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11/07/2015
Passport Req..
DM 10/02/2016 Passport Copy Request 11/02/2016
LANDED..........
03/03/2016

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
sekina1 said:
Sorry but I nor really understand that. I wasn`t qualified for PR just because my refugee claim had been refused by CIC. As far as a I know, if my claim go through than I would be eligible to apply for the PR. Can be that I have just part information?
I don't really understand what you were trying to say. Had the refugee claim been approved, you would have been able to apply for PR.

sekina1 said:
Other. I do not think so that I had a not illegitimate claim just because it`s been refused. The judge decided so that in my country there is no persecution and our life is not in danger so there is no risk to send us back to home country. In other hand I know a lot of families who where from the same country and the basic reason of their story was the same like mine and in their case was determinate by the judge that the country they came from is very risky to the send them back.
Your claim was refused, therefore it was determined to be illegitimate. A refugee claimant must prove that they face specific threats/dangers in their home country. The fact that others from your country were able to prove this has no bearing on your case.

sekina1 said:
I found out, that the "deportation departure" whatever (don`t remember exactly) means that this is the worst category and get it those who had any criminal stuff or dangerous for the country or wasn`t cooperative with the CBSA or overstayed etc. For that kind of people has no chance to get back to Canada. There is only one thing for us or me the ARC which you know better than me, that is equal with the zero, if you do not have a spouse candidate there who is citizen, or owns PR...
And it's for those who file an illegitimate refugee claim in an attempt to remain in Canada. That is a very serious thing to do.

And again, as I said in my previous post, spousal sponsorship is not the only way. If you can qualify for PR through an economic stream, your app would have a good chance of approval.

sekina1

Aug 28, 2012
canuck_in_uk said:
I don't really understand what you were trying to say. Had the refugee claim been approved, you would have been able to apply for PR.

Your claim was refused, therefore it was determined to be illegitimate. A refugee claimant must prove that they face specific threats/dangers in their home country. The fact that others from your country were able to prove this has no bearing on your case.

And it's for those who file an illegitimate refugee claim in an attempt to remain in Canada. That is a very serious thing to do.

And again, as I said in my previous post, spousal sponsorship is not the only way. If you can qualify for PR through an economic stream, your app would have a good chance of approval.
Thank you and I`m sorry for confusing you. Do you have any link related to that economic stream stuff? I did not hear about it yet. That can be a ray of hop to me :)
Thanks in advance.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
You don't need to apply for eTA if you are one of the following:
• A citizen of the United States
• A visitor entering Canada by land or sea
• A citizen of France residing in and travelling from St. Pierre and Miquelon
• A temporary resident with a valid Canadian visa
• A student with a valid study permit for Canada, which I obtained on or after August 1, 2015
• A foreign worker with a valid work permit for Canada, which I obtained on or after August 1, 2015
• A Canadian permanent resident
• A person holding valid status in Canada and entering Canada from the United States or St. Pierre and Miquelon
• A member of Visiting Forces visiting Canada on official duties/orders
• A member of flight crew, a civil aviation inspector or an accident investigator
• An accredited diplomat

Canadian Citizens obviously don't have to apply either.
Cheers!