+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Electronic & Hand-written Application Forms

sl2ubc

Nov 26, 2013
Hello All,

I have a question regarding filling out the forms.

IMM 0008 fills out very well electronically i.e. I can use the pdf document to fill the information in (and this may be necessary for validation purposes).

For the other forms (IMM 5669, IMM 5562, IMM 0008 - Schedule 8 etc.), can I fill them out by hand? The reason I ask is, although I would prefer to fill them out electronically via the pdf, the formatting is inconsistent and can be prohibitive when some responses require more space than is provided. In addition, for questions regarding travel history, personal history etc., more space is needed than what is provided and therefore I have prepared the full history on an excel document formatted to the CEC form. Will there be an issue between submitting the hand-written form with an attachment providing extended information from a computer printout?

If anyone can shed light on this, that would be very helpful!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
sl2ubc said:
Hello All,

I have a question regarding filling out the forms.

IMM 0008 fills out very well electronically i.e. I can use the pdf document to fill the information in (and this may be necessary for validation purposes).

For the other forms (IMM 5669, IMM 5562, IMM 0008 - Schedule 8 etc.), can I fill them out by hand? The reason I ask is, although I would prefer to fill them out electronically via the pdf, the formatting is inconsistent and can be prohibitive when some responses require more space than is provided. In addition, for questions regarding travel history, personal history etc., more space is needed than what is provided and therefore I have prepared the full history on an excel document formatted to the CEC form. Will there be an issue between submitting the hand-written form with an attachment providing extended information from a computer printout?

If anyone can shed light on this, that would be very helpful!
Forms which do not require verification can be filled by hand. I filled every form on the computer which I could,
but sometimes I needed more space and that's when I filled it out by hand.
Also, every additional sheet I attached was filled out by hand.