+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Electronic Fingerprints - Outside Canada

salamiz

Oct 13, 2018
I have been requested to provide "Electronic RCMP Fingerprints", i live outside Canada, anyone was able to have the same done successfully without having to travel to Canada ?

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
I have been requested to provide "Electronic RCMP Fingerprints", i live outside Canada, anyone was able to have the same done successfully without having to travel to Canada ?
Where do you reside? I did them twice from the UK....so in answering your question 'yes' but it'd depend where you are. I used someone who was affiliated with a Canadian agency who I had to send the prints to that were able to digitize the prints and forward them onto the RCMP

Reactions: Xxsaraxx

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
I have done it from Mumbai. You can see the timeline on my signature.

Xxsaraxx

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Where do you reside? I did them twice from the UK....so in answering your question 'yes' but it'd depend where you are. I used someone who was affiliated with a Canadian agency who I had to send the prints to that were able to digitize the prints and forward them onto the RCMP
Hi,
Did you use UK fingerprints - Pacific for citizenship purposes? I did the same for citizenship application as I’m currently in the UK but travelling to Canada next week. I am not worried though as I’m their website it state’s fingerprints for citizenship should be done only in Canada… I am contemplating if I should re-submit it from Canada. Can you tell me how was your experience?

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Hi,
Did you use UK fingerprints - Pacific for citizenship purposes? I did the same for citizenship application as I’m currently in the UK but travelling to Canada next week. I am not worried though as I’m their website it state’s fingerprints for citizenship should be done only in Canada… I am contemplating if I should re-submit it from Canada. Can you tell me how was your experience?
I used them yes who took the prints on the proper IRCC paperwork and then they were digitally uploaded by a Pacific in Vancouver who then sent them across to RCMP. Don't worry as I used the twice. If you're flying to Canada, I'd get them done from someone locally where you are in Canada as it'll save you a lot of money but yeah either way is fine.

Xxsaraxx

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
I used them yes who took the prints on the proper IRCC paperwork and then they were digitally uploaded by a Pacific in Vancouver who then sent them across to RCMP. Don't worry as I used the twice. If you're flying to Canada, I'd get them done from someone locally where you are in Canada as it'll save you a lot of money but yeah either way is fine.
Thank you for your reply ! I realized there are so many typos in my post lol
So I submitted my FP from UK fingerprints to Pacific last week, they’re great at their job but it was really expensive compared to what I would have paid in Canada, I did it anyway cause I didn’t want delays with my citizenship application, just wanted to get it out of the way. Hopefully everything goes well now, I got worried as I read on their website that for citizenship application FP must be collected from inside Canada so I got worried, but then I realized a lot of people submitted from outside and processing was okay for them. Would IRCC know if we submitted FP from outside?

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=857&top=4

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Thank you for your reply ! I realized there are so many typos in my post lol
So I submitted my FP from UK fingerprints to Pacific last week, they’re great at their job but it was really expensive compared to what I would have paid in Canada, I did it anyway cause I didn’t want delays with my citizenship application, just wanted to get it out of the way. Hopefully everything goes well now, I got worried as I read on their website that for citizenship application FP must be collected from inside Canada so I got worried, but then I realized a lot of people submitted from outside and processing was okay for them. Would IRCC know if we submitted FP from outside?

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=857&top=4
They won't be submitted from outside because they'll be digitized in Vancouver however I did it twice using the same people and no issues whatsoever and yes they're bloody expensive but I guess get the job done

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not sure, but are live scan (digital prints) still illegal to transmit across the border into Canada? Years ago when I was going through the PR process, only ink and roll prints that were mailed to IRCC (then CIC) were permitted.
https://fingerscan.ca/frequently-asked-questions/

The police will take fingerprints with live-scan. Can they transmit fingerprints directly to you?

The police will take fingerprints with live-scan and print them on paper. We would need that printout.
There is no way to transmit fingerprints electronically from outside of Canada to our office or the RCMP.

salamiz

Oct 13, 2018
Update: I used Gambit ID and it worked like magic. Didn't have to leave Qatar, and IRCC received my fingerprints and successfully updated status of BG.