+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Electrician applying for different NOC FSWP

beccanada

Feb 20, 2019
Hi Guys,
I'm 29 years old and I am looking at gaining a PR in Canada, Alberta with my partner and our 2 kids through the FSWP. I am an electrician by trade (originally from the UK now an Australian PR), however I am currently working as an 'Agricultural consultant' which is classed as a level A on the CIC site (NOC 6221). I have all on the job training and am wanting to move to Canada and work in this field (not electrical work). I have added my points up for CRS and my total is only 339 because i put my education as only finishing High school even though i have completed my trade certificate as an Electrician. Apparently to count points for an electrical trade cert you have to do the red seal test which will only give me 50 points any way!? Im really confused. Apparently to get the electrical license assessed you need to pass a red seal exam.... and then you only get 50 points after all of that.

If I apply for express entry under the 'Federal skilled worker program' and put my highest education as high school but select that my NOC skill is level A will i be eligible for PNP through Alberta?

My other option is for my partner to be the main applicant as she is a teacher, however her CRS score is only 402. And Alberta doesnt seem to nominate teachers for the PNP?

We are both skilled workers but my partner only has 1.5 years work experience in her qualification and my Skill as an 'Agricultural consultant' requires a degree which i don't have but I have learnt on the job over 6 years experience and am now representing Western Australia for CNH.

If you have any options for us regarding if i can still put down my electrical cert to gain education points for the CRS without having to do the red seal exam, please comment info below :)
Thanks!