+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EI

Amanuelk

Apr 6, 2020
Hi everyone, I came to Canada by the private sponsored 6 months ago. And the sponsor of mine has responsible for one year. But unfortunately i lost my job.
But at this time can i apply EI or CERB?
I am afraid of getting my sponsor into trouble?
Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone, I came to Canada by the private sponsored 6 months ago. And the sponsor of mine has responsible for one year. But unfortunately i lost my job.
Thank you!
I believe you are fine applying for EI. You just can't apply for welfare / social assistance.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Thank you!
You can apply for EI if you have worked enough insurable hours in the area of the country you live in . If you have , yes, if not , you won’t qualify
Same as with CERB, if you qualify yes, if not , no

Amanuelk

Apr 6, 2020
You can apply for EI if you have worked enough insurable hours in the area of the country you live in . If you have , yes, if not , you won’t qualify
Same as with CERB, if you qualify yes, if not , no
Thanks you!
I have worked 603 hours and living in Kitchener,ON

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Thanks you!
I have worked 603 hours and living in Kitchener,ON
Based upon the information you gave. I pulled up the EI information for a postal code in Kitchener On. You require 700 hours
I’d still apply , let the system either auto approve or not
How much money have you made in the last year? Going back 12 months from now, or calendar year 2019 ?
TerritoryEconomic Region CodeEconomic Region Name Footnote 1Unemployment Rate Footnote 2Footnote 3Footnote 4Number of Insured Hours Required to Qualify for Regular BenefitsMinimum Number of Weeks Payable for Regular BenefitsMaximum Number of Weeks Payable for Regular BenefitsFootnote 5Number of Best Weeks Required for Benefit Calculation
Ontario33Kitchener (map)5.6700143622

Reactions: Vinami

Amanuelk

Apr 6, 2020
Thanks,I really appreciate you
What about if i apply at canada emergency response benefit(CERB) do you think there a problem with the sponsor of mine at this time

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Thanks,I really appreciate you
What about if i apply at canada emergency response benefit(CERB) do you think there a problem with the sponsor of mine at this time
I don’t believe CERB is welfare /social assistance. It’s for individuals who’ve lost their employment due to Covid . However it’s based upon income earned in the last 12 months, or 2019
Minimum needed is $5k
If you don’t qualify for either , then you’d need to approach your sponsor and have a talk

Reactions: Amanuelk

Superking13

Apr 7, 2020
Hello folks,
Hope all well. Just checking if I am getting CERB this your, would I eligible to spondor my spouse next year ? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Kind regards SC

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There are still jobs out there so depending on your financial position people mat want to consider working if they can find the work. These government programs will not cover most people’s expenses.