+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EI REPORTING

Gurpreet_kaur26

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Hi
I have applied for bridging work permit and PR as well . I am not working right now and my previous employer gave me Record of Employment for shortage of work . So that time i applied for EI and received money but after my work permit expires i have not applied for EI . I need to know that am i eligible for EI now or i have to wait for my status restored then i can go for it . Because i called Service canada EI reporting service but due to high volume of calls nobody is responding . So please can anyone suggest me what to do ?
thanks

Sky29

Apr 3, 2019
Hi
I have applied for bridging work permit and PR as well . I am not working right now and my previous employer gave me Record of Employment for shortage of work . So that time i applied for EI and received money but after my work permit expires i have not applied for EI . I need to know that am i eligible for EI now or i have to wait for my status restored then i can go for it . Because i called Service canada EI reporting service but due to high volume of calls nobody is responding . So please can anyone suggest me what to do ?
thanks
Hi how are you, did you continue EI while waiting your restoration of status to be approve?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi how are you, did you continue EI while waiting your restoration of status to be approve?

You don’t qualify for EI if you are out of status even if you are waiting to see if your status will be restored. Your status being restored doesn’t mean you have a new WP.