+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EI and medical/police certificate

faisaljee2

Oct 31, 2009
Hello,

I am canadian citizen been living in canada for 7 years. Never been unemployed. I just recently got laid off on aug 31. Then i went back home saudi arabia for 2 months where i end up getting married and now just came back. I applied for EI and i got approved for it. On my sponsor evaluation if i check mark option one which is unemployed and mention my source of income to be EI. Would that effect my process of sponsoring my wife.

Another thing that is confusing is that most of people on here say get medical and police certification and then apply for sponoring your wife. The problem is in saudi arabia when my wife went for medical test they told her to get process started first then embassy in saudia will send her a letter requesting her medical and same applies for police certification. My question is can i just apply for sponsorship withouth medical and police certificate.

thanks a lot to any one who can answer my question.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

You are correct. In Saudi Arabia the rules are little different. The DMP will not carry out the medical examination unless the applicant produce a letter from the Embassy or the original medical request documents from the Canadian Visa Office. You or your wife can go to the Canadian Embassy in Riyadh and request for the letter for medical and PCC. Canadian Embassy staff in Riyadh are very co-operative and I don't think there will be a problem. Better you send a copy of your Canadian passport, copy of the marriage certificate and a letter to the embassy stating your intention and send it to your wife. So that she can show it to them.

Also for the PCC your wife has to go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and get the embassy's letter attested by them and the required fee is to be paid there. With that papers she has to go for the finger print and PCC. After getting the finger print and attached papers from the Police it should be translated in English by a licenced translator.

Hope this is clear. Good luck.

faisaljee2

Oct 31, 2009
Thanks a lot for your breif and thourough help.. I really appreciate that. Takes a little burden off me. I will do that for sure.. Best of luck and thanks again for your great help. Really appreciate that