+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Egyptian Citizens inland and outland, let's Connect here

ahmed.tawfik

Jan 16, 2017
I need your advice guys,
How should I submit my passport to the embassy in Cairo (in person or by courier)?

I called "vfsglobal" (the VAC in Cairo) and they told me that they don't deal with any related Permanent Resident staff, however it is mentioned on the CIC website the VAC is Responsible for the Permanent Resident Applications

Also, what is the average processing time to get your passport back from the embassy?

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
I need your advice guys,
How should I submit my passport to the embassy in Cairo (in person or by courier)?

I called "vfsglobal" (the VAC in Cairo) and they told me that they don't deal with any related Permanent Resident staff, however it is mentioned on the CIC website the VAC is Responsible for the Permanent Resident Applications

Also, what is the average processing time to get your passport back from the embassy?
Courier only, I used Aramex to send it, and the embassy used DHL to send it back (to be paid by recipient)
I don't know the average but from what I see it varies between a few days and a month, mine took 10 days

Reactions: ahmed.tawfik

AFUA2017

Jul 23, 2017
So how's the wait going for people who submitted? today is 5 months 6 days since my AOR, last document request (and last I heard from the CIC) was exactly 3 months ago.

And all my dealings so far have been with Ottawa VO

And I requested my first GCMS notes yesterday
How many Security Screening entries did you have on your notes?

Shox

Jul 23, 2017
Guys,

A question here...
If you are going to land in canada from egypt and u transit in london for a couple of hours, do u need to apply for UK visa before travelling or are exempt as u have the canadian visa on ur passport?

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
Guys,

A question here...
If you are going to land in canada from egypt and u transit in london for a couple of hours, do u need to apply for UK visa before travelling or are exempt as u have the canadian visa on ur passport?

No if you're not changing terminals in heathrow, I dont know the case if there's a terminal change
But be careful flights to London don't allow all electronics except your phone on the plane for flights coming from the middleeast

Reactions: Shox

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
No if you're not changing terminals in heathrow, I dont know the case if there's a terminal change
But be careful flights to London don't allow all electronics except your phone on the plane for flights coming from the middleeast
The canadian pr doesn't give you any rights outside canada

Even if you're changing terminals (butnot changing airport) no need for any visa

Reactions: Shox

sal_g

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Assalam Alykoum People,

i submitted our passports on the 4th of sep - Main VO is Ottawa - interview 13th sep with my national ID (turned to be for identity verification as the officer said i look different in PCC and Ielts and visa photo ) after officer said i am satisfied and will give you visa now they told me there is 1 more verification and you'll be contacted when your passports are ready.
week after started to mail them constantly they replied later that don't send us anything anymore your file is still under review in Ottawa.
called ottawa by phone and they said it's cairo VO sent info for identity verification and waiting for reply from ottawa.

on th 2nd of oct Cairo VO asked for a new egyptian ID - 9th oct sent it to Cairo VO.
since then nothing

i want to ask has anyone faced or heard about such a problem.a lawyer told me identity verification is a local process that takes a day maximum and it shouldnt have been sent back to ottawa. now it's been over a month and 15 days since they received our passports.

Last edited:

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Assalam Alykoum People,

i submitted our passports on the 4th of sep - Main VO is Ottawa - interview 13th sep with my national ID (turned to be for identity verification as the officer said i look different in PCC and Ielts and visa photo ) after officer said i am satisfied and will give you visa now they told me there is 1 more verification and you'll be contacted when your passports are ready.
week after started to mail them constantly the replied later that dont send us anything anymore your file is still under review in Ottawa.
called ottawa by phone and they said it's cairo VO sent info for identity verification and waiting for reply from ottawa.

on th 2nd of oct Cairo VO asked for a new egyptian ID - 9th oct sent it to Cairo VO.
since then nothing

i want to ask has anyone faced or heard about such a problem.a lawyer told me identity verification is a local process that tales a day maximum and it shouldnt have been sent back to ottawa. now it's been over a month and 15 days since they received our passports.
call Ottawa call centre

Reactions: sal_g

MozyMozy

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
AlSalamo Alyko,

I need your advice guys, did anyone experience that or know how long it takes?

I applied for a study permit (online application end of July), and I did the biometrics too, and since then the only update that my application is still under review by outside agencies, It is more than 80 days now which indeed exceeds the normal processing time.

Application status

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility

We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results

You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents

The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.

Interview

You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics

Completed.

Background check

We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

sal_g

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
call Ottawa call centre
i called Ottawa today and they said that basically my file shows that my new ID is received and he said basically your file is approved. when i asked so the delay is from cairo not ottawa he said yes you have to be patient sometimes it takes time. asked is it security screening he said no it's completed. the average timings for receiving back here is about 7 to 10 days. i will raise a cse to cairo visa office and send them again as i am sure now it's now security and not ottawa.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
i called Ottawa today and they said that basically my file shows that my new ID is received and he said basically your file is approved. when i asked so the delay is from cairo not ottawa he said yes you have to be patient sometimes it takes time. asked is it security screening he said no it's completed. the average timings for receiving back here is about 7 to 10 days. i will raise a cse to cairo visa office and send them again as i am sure now it's now security and not ottawa.
how long has it been?