29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Wolverine17 said:
Are u sure en daftr tawfeer el bareed is not recognized???
It's not a financial institution to begin with

expat2be

Feb 23, 2017
I have gathered the following documents and i want to know if anything is missing (individual applicant)

- New and Old passport bio pages with visa and stamped pages
- English birth certificate
- WES ECA report paper and soft copy
- University report in english
- University transcript in english
- Bank statements and deposit certificates in english
- HR letters for claimed and unclaimed points
- PCC original and MOJ certified translation
- Medical confirmation sheet from anglo american
- IELTS report

should i start the application process now?

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Wolverine17 said:
But i remember asking here before and on the forums and some said it can be used as a pof,did anyone please use it successfully??
Anyone please because i need to know if it was used successfully,also what are the requirements for the pof letter

expat2be

Feb 23, 2017
Wolverine17 said:
Anyone please because i need to know if it was used successfully,also what are the requirements for the pof letter
i dont think anyone had tried it before as its not quite common these days that someone still holds a large amount of money in the post office account. but i think if that money can be liquidated and you can provide enough proof for it in CIC requirements then it shouldnt be a problem and you can explain that in the letter of explanation. just try to get a paper from the post office in english that says that the money can be withdrawn in cash at the applicant's request without any limits.

regarding the requirements of the POF letter, thats what the CIC website says

Document requirements

The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
Other documents may also be requested, as necessary.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
expat2be said:
i dont think anyone had tried it before as its not quite common these days that someone still holds a large amount of money in the post office account. but i think if that money can be liquidated and you can provide enough proof for it in CIC requirements then it shouldnt be a problem and you can explain that in the letter of explanation. just try to get a paper from the post office in english that says that the money can be withdrawn in cash at the applicant's request without any limits.

Document requirements

The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
Am going now to check with them but they wont provide any letters in english arabic only and no bank statements what should i do??

expat2be

Feb 23, 2017
Wolverine17 said:
Also if i move the money and put them as a bank certificate will it be accepted
i guess you can do that as long as you can provide proof that you got the money from the postal account which you had for a long time.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
expat2be said:
i guess you can do that as long as you can provide proof that you got the money from the postal account which you had for a long time.
Well i went now to the postal office and what they provided me is a one year bank statment stamped and a bank letter stating my spouse name,account number and available balance but all of that is in arabic and no contact info is mentioned as well as the account opening date which they refused to provide,what can i do

expat2be

Feb 23, 2017
Wolverine17 said:
Well i went now to the postal office and what they provided me is a one year bank statment stamped and a bank letter stating my spouse name,account number and available balance but all of that is in arabic and no contact info is mentioned as well as the account opening date which they refused to provide,what can i do
you now have two options, either transfer the money to your bank account then get a bank statement again from the post office and for that bank account, translate the post office papers and explain what happened in an LOE

or just translate the post office papers and attach them to the POF and explain in the LOE that you couldnt get the required CIC format because its a governmental institution and they arent flexible.

im no expert as im just about to apply myself but im just saying what sounds logical though its not a guarantee of what the visa officer might accept or reject. but thats what i did in my POF as al ahly bank didnt provide all the things i needed too but thats the best i could do.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
expat2be said:
you now have two options, either transfer the money to your bank account then get a bank statement again from the post office and for that bank account, translate the post office papers and explain what happened in an LOE

or just translate the post office papers and attach them to the POF and explain in the LOE that you couldnt get the required CIC format because its a governmental institution and they arent flexible.

im no expert as im just about to apply myself but im just saying what sounds logical though its not a guarantee of what the visa officer might accept or reject. but thats what i did in my POF as al ahly bank didnt provide all the things i needed too but thats the best i could do.
Whats better to just go with what i have from the post office and write loe or to transfer the money?but anyways there wont be an average balance from the bank because the money wont be in the account for 6 months,also are fixed deposits and time deposits accepted?like the 3,6 and 12 months certificates

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
expat2be said:
I have gathered the following documents and i want to know if anything is missing (individual applicant)

- New and Old passport bio pages with visa and stamped pages
- English birth certificate
- WES ECA report paper and soft copy
- University report in english
- University transcript in english
- Bank statements and deposit certificates in english
- HR letters for claimed and unclaimed points
- PCC original and MOJ certified translation
- Medical confirmation sheet from anglo american
- IELTS report

should i start the application process now?
Yes, good luck

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
expat2be said:

Document requirements

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Wolverine17 said:
Whats better to just go with what i have from the post office and write loe or to transfer the money?but anyways there wont be an average balance from the bank because the money wont be in the account for 6 months,also are fixed deposits and time deposits accepted?like the 3,6 and 12 months certificates
Don't put it in fixed deposit, they money should be transferable and unincumbered