Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
abeblawy said:
Good Day ,

My wife has been visiting her parents at Abudhabi every year (2-3 months maximum) for the past 10 years , my questions are:

1) is PCC required ?
2) If it is required, how can it obtained in case she can't go there this year as we are currently settled in Egypt?

Appreciate your help

her parents can do it for her

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
expat2be said:
i have a question,
i received an ITA on March 1 for FSW EE

I have experience letters from all previous companies but only 1 of them that has social insurance paper and in that paper it says "electronics engineer" while im actually electrical engineer and the experience letter says electrical engineer and so does the JD. also this company has closed down so i dont know if there's any way i can change that.

is it okay to use this paper as a supporting document? i dont want to go through the hassle of employment verification as things could go wrong in many ways so i want to claim 3 years with supporting documents so there is less chance of verification.
why do you need the insurance paper?

expat2be

Feb 23, 2017
maged_mmh said:
why do you need the insurance paper?
i want to upload strong supporting documents next to the reference letter so as my case would be strong and there would be less need for verification, because you know things can go terribly wrong during those verifications.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
expat2be said:
i want to upload strong supporting documents next to the reference letter so as my case would be strong and there would be less need for verification, because you know things can go terribly wrong during those verifications.
I fear that it might be confusing for the officers if you submit unneeded documents, it might raise more suspicions than it may help. And no guarantee for less verification too

I prefer to stick to the checklist.

expat2be

Feb 23, 2017
maged_mmh said:
I fear that it might be confusing for the officers if you submit unneeded documents, it might raise more suspicions than it may help. And no guarantee for less verification too

I prefer to stick to the checklist.
i dont think its confusing, i read on some rooms that it makes your case stronger.

i have another question. in the FSW eligibility points test, i stated that i have 6 or more years of experience, and in the EE profile i chose 3 years or more which is the highest option.

can i claim points for just 3 years or do i have to claim for 6 years as per the FSW points?

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
expat2be said:
i dont think its confusing, i read on some rooms that it makes your case stronger.

i have another question. in the FSW eligibility points test, i stated that i have 6 or more years of experience, and in the EE profile i chose 3 years or more which is the highest option.

can i claim points for just 3 years or do i have to claim for 6 years as per the FSW points?
crs points max out at 3 years

for the first point: up to you, but I do not recommend volunteering unasked for information

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Hey guys,

Did anyone get his PPR in less than 6 months with Cairo office?? There are November appliants getting PPR with other visa office... any of us got lucky with Cairo before??

mawcanada

Jan 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eatpraylove said:
Hey guys,

Did anyone get his PPR in less than 6 months with Cairo office?? There are November appliants getting PPR with other visa office... any of us got lucky with Cairo before??
I applied Nov. 25 and still waiting, I know my application has been transferred to cairo visa office.

GHSIH

May 7, 2016
mawcanada said:
I applied Nov. 25 and still waiting, I know my application has been transferred to cairo visa office.
last applicant I saw getting it from cairo office took him 7 months in total, I guess he was a November applicant.

how did you know yours got to Cairo's?
i sent an email to Ottawa office and another to Cairo office 3 weeks ago and did not get a reply back yet.
anyways good luck and hopefully it will take you less than 6 months.

Maroo

Apr 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eatpraylove said:
Hey guys,

Not all the applicants from Egypt have their applications processed in Egypt Visa Office.
some of them is processed in Ottawa
You will need to order GCMS notes to know.

Yes some Visa offices are faster than others, however in all cases the visa office does not affect the duration of the process till you get your PPR much.
Actually your application will be the main reason for a fast or slow PPR, of example having military or visiting multiple countries will affect the duration of your security check , which will lead to a longer time
Also sometimes PNP takes time to verify.

Wish you good luck, and fast PPR.

bassem.mf

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So after sending me a passport request 3 weeks ago, the MO. FU. crackheads from Cairo visa office just called me to ask me whether I want to get my passport back or leave it with them until they finish processing my application. The rep told me that they need to make additional background check because I stayed in the US for more than 6 months. Of course I declared this in the application, but since they are on drugs, they did not see it the past 8 months, and noticed it only after sending me a PPR.

I saw my background check changing from "Not started" to "In progress" on MyCIC about 2 weeks ago (after PPR). This confused me then, but now understand that this PPR was sent to me by mistake.

The same rep that called me today also called me last week to tell me that my application is missing a paper (trying to make it look like it is my fault). I asked which paper is missing, she said the "Additional Family Information" form (which was never requested from me). And after the call they sent me an email requesting this form and I submitted it the same day.

I asked the rep how long will this background check take, she said maximum 3 months. But of course I know that this is BS because background checks can take any time.

Maroo

Apr 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bassem.mf said:
So after sending me a passport request 3 weeks ago, the MO. FU. crackheads from Cairo visa office just called me to ask me whether I want to get my passport back or leave it with them until they finish processing my application. The rep told me that they need to make additional background check because I stayed in the US for more than 6 months. Of course I declared this in the application, but since they are on drugs, they did not see it the past 8 months, and noticed it only after sending me a PPR.

I saw my background check changing from "Not started" to "In progress" on MyCIC about 2 weeks ago (after PPR). This confused me then, but now understand that this PPR was sent to me by mistake.

The same rep that called me today also called me last week to tell me that my application is missing a paper (trying to make it look like it is my fault). I asked which paper is missing, she said the "Additional Family Information" form (which was never requested from me). And after the call they sent me an email requesting this form and I submitted it the same day.

I asked the rep how long will this background check take, she said maximum 3 months. But of course I know that this is BS because background checks can take any time.
:eek: :eek: WHAT

I cannot believe that is even an option :(

Wait a month or so and then order GCMS notes to see what is happening in your application.

BG check does not have a specific time frame , however hopefully it would not take much with you since now they are only checking with US.

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
bassem.mf said:

:eek: :eek: That is exactly what i get nightmares about since i got the news :-X !!

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
n.moustafa said:
On what grounds is your VO determind ?

Your country of residence ?
im sure its not country of residence..
As there is a visa office where i reside, yet they chose to send my docs to cairo visa office... so probably there is a first preference of nationality over residence country.

it might be due to the need of verifying education certificates and ministry of exterior stamps, pcc ... bla bla bla