29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Heathcliff77 said:
Maybe your inbox is full? I dont know...

1. As for $$$ we are definitely screwed.. I only found one friend with a card that was issued out of Egypt (no limit) but he demands I pay him in USD as well, and I can't blame him at all.. now I cant get USD but I'm trying.

2. Yes my friend was asked for national ID too, and another with a PNP was asked for birth certificates, I don't know really I guess everyone should wait for his own checklist and see..

we have a whatsapp group for Egyptians and none of them received ID request, I showed them your snapshot they were wondering!

3. As for translation, yes if it's a government document issued in English you can send it like it is, if in Arabic then translate the original document (except national ID of course, but must show the original to the translator). And the translator will attach them together and stamp his translation with his official stamp and seal.

the national ID can be translated in محكمة شمال القاهرة - العباسية (safest option) for the commercial translation you need to attach an affidavit written by the translator - this I know . But my question is: do you need to notarizethat affidavit or not? because it's not cheap (around $100 USD)

I'm from Alexandria, and I used a law firm/official translators called Nadoury & Nahas attorneys at law, they're good. Took 3 days and costs 60 LE per page, but of course like everything in Egypt you can pay extra and have it on the next day.

Don't worry Wolverine, official licensed translator is fine, CIC are not stupid btw, they have people who revise the Arabic originals as well.

4. As for Police certificate, yes it's the old (feesh w tashbeeh) at your local police station, then have it translated. (note that the person who fills it will have the handwriting of a chicken, so ask him what he wrote at each line, and later tell the translator before he/she proceeds)

So the computerized police certificate is not accepted, right? you can fill the form yourself, don't let the guy fill it

also, there's no need for توثيق anything from the ministry of foreign affairs, except a government job experience letter (if you intend to use one). Cause the translator will ask you if you want to do el tawseek before translation, just tell him no I don't need it.

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
-My translator did attach a sworn affidavit.. with his official seal and all.. but didn't request extra money. What do you mean by have it notarized for 100$? by whom?

-I don't know if the computerized one is accepted or not.. but the CIC instructions said (local police station) and my friend said nearest police station as well, and thats what I did

-Noone received ID request?! wow thats weird.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Heathcliff77 said:
Maybe your inbox is full? I dont know...

1. As for $$$ we are definitely screwed.. I only found one friend with a card that was issued out of Egypt (no limit) but he demands I pay him in USD as well, and I can't blame him at all.. now I cant get USD but I'm trying.
I know man it must be hard ,now outside egypt they dont use egyptian pounds anymore.
2. Yes my friend was asked for national ID too, and another with a PNP was asked for birth certificates, I don't know really I guess everyone should wait for his own checklist and see..

3. As for translation, yes if it's a government document issued in English you can send it like it is, if in Arabic then translate the original document (except national ID of course, but must show the original to the translator). And the translator will attach them together and stamp his translation with his official stamp and seal.
I did my translations at an office called el amira nourhan in roushdy opposite boutique london not sure about the notarization thing though,but was recommended to me through someone who went to canada,will post an image later to check if its ok

I'm from Alexandria, and I used a law firm/official translators called Nadoury & Nahas attorneys at law, they're good. Took 3 days and costs 60 LE per page, but of course like everything in Egypt you can pay extra and have it on the next day.

Don't worry Wolverine, official licensed translator is fine, CIC are not stupid btw, they have people who revise the Arabic originals as well.

4. As for Police certificate, yes it's the old (feesh w tashbeeh) at your local police station, then have it translated. (note that the person who fills it will have the handwriting of a chicken, so ask him what he wrote at each line, and later tell the translator before he/she proceeds)

also, there's no need for توثيق anything from the ministry of foreign affairs, except a government job experience letter (if you intend to use one). Cause the translator will ask you if you want to do el tawseek before translation, just tell him no I don't need it.
Am going to claim points for private work in egypt eventhough i dont really need it i have enough experience abroad but i think it wont hurt,no governmental
Work though

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Heathcliff77 said:
-My translator did attach a sworn affidavit.. with his official seal and all.. but didn't request extra money. What do you mean by have it notarized for 100$? by whom?

-I don't know if the computerized one is accepted or not.. but the CIC instructions said (local police station) and my friend said nearest police station as well, and thats what I did

I remember reading earlier on the forums that its not needed too

Moh.Salem

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
maged_mmh said:
have you been asked for ID too?

for the translation, if it's not a government translation do you need to notarize the affidavit by a public notary or just notarize the attached photocopy of the document?
i have not been asked i am still stuck on the OINP phase..my two contacts who are done with the whole process have been asked for birth certificates and police clearances..Computer is accepted by CIC it is supposed that the manual fingerprinting is a thing of the past aslan they are still updating some police departments..Naser City is all computer for instance and u get it within an hour...u take it to wezaret el 3adl and u get that official stamped translation as is no need for notarizing as it is already sealed by el nesr..two blocks gambeeha u get the translated birth certificate men el falaky wezaret el se77a also no need for notarizing it is accepted as is and yes both are hand filled in some parts with one of the worst hand writing i have ever seen with spelling mistakes just keep an eye for the names in english thats the most important..again computer police clearance (sa7efet el 7ala el gena2eya a.k.a. Feesh we tashbeeh) is accepted and if your Esm has only the manual it takes three days and u will also translate that in the same place..as for the national id ..any place is okay as far as i know to translate it..things that need notarizing are the hand filled originals that have not been produced by a governmental authority or that requires your signature for instance those do not include national id, passport, police clearance, bank statement..as for the dollar issue we are screwed on all levels so as a brotherly advice go get some dollars from the black market..get as much as u can for now and pray that a miracle happens when they float the pound and that it fixes at 20 for a buck...on another news egypt air takes the fees of a ticket in the equivelant of dollars and when u pay in egyptian pounds a 1$ = 27 LE so a single one way flight to pearson Toronto at 700$ is almost 20,000 LE

mawcanada

Jan 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I has previously done the police certificate from new Cairo it is computerized no more filthy ink on our fingers. Then translated it at justice ministry, it should be ok.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Heathcliff77 said:

notarized by a lawyer I mean, if you didn't do it and the affidavit was accepted as-is that's a huge relief

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Moh.Salem said:
i have not been asked i am still stuck on the OINP phase..my two contacts who are done with the whole process have been asked for birth certificates and police clearances..Computer is accepted by CIC it is supposed that the manual fingerprinting is a thing of the past aslan they are still updating some police departments..Naser City is all computer for instance and u get it within an hour...u take it to wezaret el 3adl and u get that official stamped translation as is no need for notarizing as it is already sealed by el nesr..two blocks gambeeha u get the translated birth certificate men el falaky wezaret el se77a also no need for notarizing it is accepted as is and yes both are hand filled in some parts with one of the worst hand writing i have ever seen with spelling mistakes just keep an eye for the names in english thats the most important..again computer police clearance (sa7efet el 7ala el gena2eya a.k.a. Feesh we tashbeeh) is accepted and if your Esm has only the manual it takes three days and u will also translate that in the same place..as for the national id ..any place is okay as far as i know to translate it..things that need notarizing are the hand filled originals that have not been produced by a governmental authority or that requires your signature for instance those do not include national id, passport, police clearance, bank statement..as for the dollar issue we are screwed on all levels so as a brotherly advice go get some dollars from the black market..get as much as u can for now and pray that a miracle happens when they float the pound and that it fixes at 20 for a buck...on another news egypt air takes the fees of a ticket in the equivelant of dollars and when u pay in egyptian pounds a 1$ = 27 LE so a single one way flight to pearson Toronto at 700$ is almost 20,000 LE
you know that 20LE a buck means for 100,000LE you get only 5000US ???

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Moh.Salem said:
I have a few questions for you bro,first i got feesh w tashbeeh men el egyptian embassy and sent it to ksa to have a pcc eventhough its not required and it was manual only written in english on it no criminal activity so i guess thats enough so i believe if i will issue feesh w tashbeeh in the future from the embassy its gonna be non computerized as well unless something new happens.. As far as notarizing where do you do it and which documents did you need to notarize,also why are you going for egypt air,isnt there any other airway co that you can fly with,just curious

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
egyptair has direct flight

H O N E S T

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Category........
Today I went to my nearest police station to issue the police certificate and they took my fingerprints and photo electronically and I told the employee to write the canadian embassy for the purpose section. They do have the ink system but for military service ( Elfeesh Eltholathy ). Is it obligatory to be an ink version?

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Wolverine17 said:
K i see,well what about my other questions please
I don't know.. but the safest is to do the ink one not the computerized

Moh.Salem

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
Wolverine17 said:
I have a few questions for you bro,first i got feesh w tashbeeh men el egyptian embassy and sent it to ksa to have a pcc eventhough its not required and it was manual only written in english on it no criminal activity so i guess thats enough so i believe if i will issue feesh w tashbeeh in the future from the embassy its gonna be non computerized as well unless something new happens.. As far as notarizing where do you do it and which documents did you need to notarize,also why are you going for egypt air,isnt there any other airway co that you can fly with,just curious
no need to notarize something issued by the government unless it is a requirement..and if so then buddy u will need to see where in jeddah or riyadh do they have a certified notary by canada..search online on the cic for such info..as for the feesh it is safest to do the ink when outside egypt through the embassy however, when in egypt just do the computerized and it has been accepted in the process with all my friends..for the issue of flight tickets, u have to mind that there are various alternatives but do not go for the options with cheap price and long transit times..already the one flight from cairo to toronto is more than 11 hours and it was very long and i git tired...imagine ba2a a 20+ hours journey and waiting in istanbul or frankfurt for 5 or 6 hours!!!! Another point is el wazn..your luggage and how several airlines gives you only small free baggage and then u have to pay...in dollars!!..u have the choice there are a lot of options and many of them will be even cheaper but mind that sometimes there are hidden costs and u will get tired easily..think it over and try to fly direct or maximum one stop..as for foreign airlines some of them will not accept payment in Egyptian pound and we will have to see kaman what will happen in the coming year!!!