+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Egypt to Canada - Spousal Sponsorship

mud2

Mar 17, 2018
Hello Everyone

Apologies in advance if there is another recent thread on the forum covering this question, the search feature on this forum refuses to work for me after trying for 30 minutes.

To keep it short, I am a dual citizen (Canadian and Egyptian). September 2017 I married an Egyptian woman who currently resides in Egypt. I would like to sponsor her in Canada, since I will be closing my business here in Cairo within the next 4 - 5 months, and will not be traveling back and forth between Egypt after moving to Canada.

I have read through the CIC website, gathered the forms I need to fill out, and have already started working on those with my wife. However, we are confused when it comes to the documents required. The information I have gathered so far:

1. National ID to reflect we are married. Done.
2. Marriage certificate to be authenticated then translated. Is this done at the Ministry of foreign affairs or is it at the Ministry of Justice?
3. Birth certificate translated from Ministry of Health. Is this required only for my wife?
4. Police certificate to be obtained and translated by ministry of justice once requested during application process. Is this correct?

Any input from members knowledgeable about the process or who have completed a sponsorship application recently from Egypt would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

yellow_cake

Jan 28, 2018
Sorry, I'm not familiar with the process from Egypt. But if you wish to search the forum, enter the following into Google:
site:canadavisa.com my search query

Obviously you would replace "my search query" with you search terms...

This method works too if you directly enter it into your browser's URL bar (tested on chrome w/ google as the default search engine).

mud2

Mar 17, 2018
Sorry, I'm not familiar with the process from Egypt. But if you wish to search the forum, enter the following into Google:
site:canadavisa.com my search query

Obviously you would replace "my search query" with you search terms...

This method works too if you directly enter it into your browser's URL bar (tested on chrome w/ google as the default search engine).

Thank you. Much obliged.