May 2013
Med's Done....
June 2013
Interview........
Sept 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
CanadianCountry said:
Tories dont care much about fairness. They want votes. As the economy is struggling and contracting many born Canadians are suffering due to job losses. The Tories want to show these people that they are not favoring immigrants and are giving immigrants a hard time.
oh yeah ? :) we`ll become citizens one day too.

We should work harder,study harder,be smarter,fellow immigrants.My enemy`s enemy is my friend so Liberals or NDP should be our friends in this case:)

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Liberals and NDP combine is my friend as well. For now and ever.

bkara said:
oh yeah ? :) we`ll become citizens one day too.

We should work harder,study harder,be smarter,fellow immigrants.My enemy`s enemy is my friend so Liberals or NDP should be our friends in this case:)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
CanadianCountry said:
Tories dont care much about fairness. They want votes. As the economy is struggling and contracting many born Canadians are suffering due to job losses. The Tories want to show these people that they are not favoring immigrants and are giving immigrants a hard time.
Pray tell, how is adding an extra year and removing a subjective measure (basic residence) for citizenship qualification, giving an immigrant a hard time?

bkara

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Med's Done....
June 2013
Interview........
Sept 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
screech339 said:
Pray tell, how is adding an extra year and removing a subjective measure (basic residence) for citizenship qualification, giving an immigrant a hard time?
mike wants to involve in politics,or join the army but for some reason he needs the citizenship first to advance in his career.

john wants to establish a business in canada but he needs to go to the silicon valley in the US once a month so he needs the passport asap because he is from a visa-required country.

ashley wants to go to MIT for master`s degree and already got a job offer in the US but has a family here.She needs to work there to save money and get married in canada and establish a life in canada.She needs TN and wants to be able to come to canada every 6 months without any visa requirement.

I can give you 1000 examples.
I am an engineering student.If this law affects people like me,and this government continues to behave like this.I am definitely moving to the US or elsewhere after I get my passport.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
bkara said:
mike wants to involve in politics,or join the army but for some reason he needs the citizenship first to advance in his career.

john wants to establish a business in canada but he needs to go to the silicon valley in the US once a month so he needs the passport asap because he is from a visa-required country.

ashley wants to go to MIT for master`s degree and already got a job offer in the US but has a family here.She needs to work there to save money and get married in canada and establish a life in canada.She needs TN and wants to be able to come to canada every 6 months without any visa requirement.

I am an engineering student.If this law affects people like me,and this government continues to behave like this.I am definitely moving to the US or elsewhere after I get my passport.
And you wondered why Canadian government is making it harder to achieve citizenship. People like you think they are entitled to citizenship as a right just because they pay taxes or right to pre-PR days toward citizenship. The law changes are meant to reduce people like you in being becoming Canadian of Convenience.

bkara

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Med's Done....
June 2013
Interview........
Sept 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
screech339 said:
And you wondered why Canadian government is making it harder to achieve citizenship. People like you think they are entitled to citizenship as a right just because they pay taxes. The law changes are meant to reduced people like you in being becoming Canadian of Convenience.
you get what you deserve in this life my friend.

Then they should stop separating people with this Bill.Use the resources they have to create jobs instead of outsourcing jobs.I can tell you 10 mistakes they make.

Open some economics or sociology books,people..

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
bkara said:
you get what you deserve in this life my friend.

Then they should stop separating people with this Bill.Use the resources they have to create jobs instead of outsourcing jobs.I can tell you 10 mistakes they make.

Open some economics or sociology books,people..
I am understand your gripe with economics like how Temporary workers affecting supply and demand. But sociology? What's that got to do with qualifying for citizenship or the economy of Canada?

The one mistake the government made was expanding the temporary worker program beyond agriculture. There was no reason to expand that in the first place.

Sole sourcing is another but past governments have always rig the conditions to favour one specific or group of companies. The F-35 disaster was part of DND's fault and not all the government fault. The government believed DND's assessment of what they wanted without considering the costs, capabilities, vast coverage of Canada requirements.

bkara

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Med's Done....
June 2013
Interview........
Sept 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
screech339 said:
I am understand your gripe with economics like how Temporary workers affecting supply and demand. But sociology? What's that got to do with qualifying for citizenship or the economics?
If you make dual-citizens feel uncomfortable by saying in your laws "we may kick you out of this country if we wish",that does not create a peaceful environment for those.So those people will try to look for a back door in order to secure their rights and positions.Here,you created another problem in the society.

If your decisions affect my life-long plans,especially education and career,of course I`ll make my priority the opportunities I find in other countries since you kicked me once when I fell.

If you make people feel like there is legal discrimination,they will create their own discriminatory behaviours such as not hiring certain ethnicities or not giving chances to some people.

This is how a lot of immigrants feel and think in the society,my friend.

DND

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
screech339 said:
Sorry there will always be a thing called tough luck. No matter what date the new deadline is assigned, there will always be a "Mike and Jason" scenario. A line has to be drawn somewhere. If not July 11th, 2015 is not good enough, when is it then? No matter date you want, there is going to be someone who will be affected by the change.

One can think of couple of solutions to avoid this kind of scenarios. For instance:
1) The change may be communicated well in advance. for instance make the cut off date July 2018, so that anybody who already has a PR can qualify with the old rules
2) If there is a special need to make this rule effective this year (Why is there such a need?) A good way to minimize the number of people who are short couple of days is to make the rule effective December 2015. Most of the immigrants are moving to Canada in April-September period, to align themselves with beginning of school year (immigrants with kids) and good weather to be able to find a job/housing more conveniently

2_of_5

Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
27-06-2013
screech339 said:
For many of us, like myself, the US FATCA law is a huge factor. I landed on June 27, 2013 and I have no intention of ever moving back to the US. A two-year (for me) delay because I am losing my pre-PR time could be a huge problem in the near future in regards to being able to bank, renew my mortgage, start a business, save for retirement, etc.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
bkara said:
If you make dual-citizens feel uncomfortable by saying in your laws "we may kick you out of this country if we wish",that does not create a peaceful environment for those.So those people will try to look for a back door in order to secure their rights and positions.Here,you created another problem in the society.
The only people we will kick dual citizens out are those who are convicted of terrorism, etc etc. If you are an upstanding dual citizen, you got nothing to worry about.

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bkara said:

None of these people is having their rights trampled on by the increased residency requirement. Your status in the U.S. is not Canada's problem, and Canada has no obligation to make it easier for you to move there.

DND

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
CanadianCountry said:
I think that you are correct

Unfortunately though, the solution of giving immigrants a hard time, like removing of the temporal workers, or not providing a way for foreign students a path for PR, is only going to reduce the aggregate demand and tank the economy even more

bkara

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Med's Done....
June 2013
Interview........
Sept 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
screech339 said:
The only people we will kick dual citizens out are those who are convicted of terrorism, etc etc. If you are an upstanding dual citizen, you got nothing to worry about.
I said maybe.We never know what cause they might find to kick somebody out.I said they may feel worried if "one day" they might ask us leave.

@ yorkfactory:

The time is the issue.All those people will apply for citizenship about 2 years later.So they will be on track of their goals about 2 years later.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
bkara said:
I said maybe.We never know what cause they might find to kick somebody out.I said they may feel worried if "one day" they might ask us leave.
Why would they need to be worried about that? Canada will not ask anyone to leave unless convicted of terrorism first. Hello!!!