20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
nadeem55 said:
June 2015 and summer 2015 (which is Jun 21 to Sep 23) could be any date if he's mentioning Summer 2015, I hope this will help
Yes, technically you are going by the 4 month seasonal of the year but most people when they say summer, they are usually referring to June July August months when kids are finished with school.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The person who should know the cut off date is only the Governor... it is not the Minister and it is not CIC.

Many times when the Minister have been asked something specific about the law he gives answers which can show that he is not really familiar with this law in details.

Even in this video we can hear a female voice which is correcting him that the law will be implemented not in June but in the summer.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

MUFC said:
The person who should know the cut off date is only the Governor... it is not the Minister and it is not CIC.

Many times when the Minister have been asked something specific about the law he gives answers which can show that he is not really familiar with this law in details.

Even in this video we can hear a female voice which is correcting him that the law will be implemented not in June but in the summer.
The Minister and the Deputies probably know

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the Minister knows he would give the cut off date right away when they ask him that question... instead he responds with seasons after the correction from a person who obviously knows more details that the law will not be implemented in June but in the summertime. With that being said, that means that the first possible date as a cut off date might be Canada day 2015.

The Governor in Council is the one who has the ability to determine the cut off date.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
MUFC said:
If the Minister knows he would give the cut off date right away when they ask him that question... instead he responds with seasons after the correction from a person who obviously knows more details that the law will not be implemented in June but in the summertime. With that being said, that means that the first possible date as a cut off date might be Canada day 2015.

The Governor in Council is the one who has the ability to determine the cut off date.
Yes, the Governor in Council is the one who has the ability to determine the cut off date. The Governor will determine the date, probably on the advice from CIC authorities since CIC are the ones who can say when they implemented and ready with new rule change. The Governor cannot make a date if CIC is not ready by that date yet.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If CIC is in the game of the determination of the cut off date... than the situation is getting really tricky , because from the chief officers in CIC centres in Scarborough and Mississauga there is a rumour that the law will be implemented September or even October this year... That rumour started from November or December.

Before that there was also a rumour from local MPs offices that the law is expected to be fully enforced in the second part of this year due to the fact that the CIC staff needs proper training and they will not be ready in the first half of this year...

Absolute mystery , Because there is still no information about the cut off date from the Governor too...

glengrove

Feb 5, 2013
I've heard that election this year might have some influence on new law(4 out of 6years/ pre-pr time count) which is supposed to take effect mid-2015. I hope it is going to be delayed or not happening at all. :'( what if Liberal party wins? unlikely to have those amendments? ...wishful thinking? :'(

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
glengrove said:
I've heard that election this year might have some influence on new law(4 out of 6years/ pre-pr time count) which is supposed to take effect mid-2015. I hope it is going to be delayed or not happening at all. :'( what if Liberal party wins? unlikely to have those amendments? ...wishful thinking? :'(
The 4/6 year can be delayed but not canceled. The implement of 4/6 year rule will go ahead with or without Liberal win. The only way the 4/6 year rule would be canceled is if the Liberal Government introduce a bill to change it all again. I don't think the Liberal will change it as they know it is generally supported across Canada. It is their job as opposition to oppose any government bills. Once in government, they will likely leave it alone as they will have bigger fish to fry.

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MUFC said:
That is simply not true. The idea that the Governor General will promulgate regulations in ways not advised by the relevant ministry and/or the PMO (and under Harper, the PMO has a more controlling influence) goes completely against actual convention and practice. The effective date of the 4/6 rule will be chosen by someone in the Harper government and nobody else.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am looking at the official statement that he is the one who is in charge to decide the cut off date... anyways whoever it is in practise it is obvious that too many factors are inplay for the determination of the cut off date which makes the cut off date unpredictable ...

oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it would be the most fair solution to the enforcement date of the new 4/6 residency requirement is that they make it applicable only to the cases of the new immigrants who made or will make their landing on or after the date of the royal approval of the bill (June 19 2014) so the new immigrants know from the early days that they are required to stay 4/6 years before being qualified for citizenship application.

anyways , this is just another dream , who knows , it might come true

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They want to keep those who really need Canadian passport in the country. In that way they will force the majority of the applicants who will be impacted by voiding their pre-PR time and those who will have to stay to make themselves eligible according to the new rules to stay longer if they really need to become Canadians.

I really feel empathy for all those people because it is really cruel way from the government to pull away their carrot... this is a game with the hopes and dreams of those who really need this citizenship.

On top of that when they finally become eligible to apply, they have no clue how much time their applications will be in process...

bkara

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Med's Done....
June 2013
Interview........
Sept 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
oldfriend said:
I think it would be the most fair solution to the enforcement date of the new 4/6 residency requirement is that they make it applicable only to the cases of the new immigrants who made or will make their landing on or after the date of the royal approval of the bill (June 19 2014) so the new immigrants know from the early days that they are required to stay 4/6 years before being qualified for citizenship application.

anyways , this is just another dream , who knows , it might come true
This is what I`m saying.
Why would we be in the same boat with a guy who became PR yesterday?
We`ve been paying taxes,living,working or studying in Canada for years.

I want to find out how I can defend myself against this unfairness.

People love Canada because it is found fairer than other countries toward its residents.

cissino

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Dubai - U.A.E
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
11/03/2011
Med's Done....
19/04/2011
Passport Req..
02/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
.23/03/2012.............
bkara said:
This is what I`m saying.
Why would we be in the same boat with a guy who became PR yesterday?
We`ve been paying taxes,living,working or studying in Canada for years.

I want to find out how I can defend myself against this unfairness.

People love Canada because it is found fairer than other countries toward its residents.

[glow=red,2,300] Rightly said[/glow]

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
bkara said:
Don't you mean, Canada is very generous toward it's residents in comparison to other countries for citizenship qualifications along with fees and still is under the new rules.