Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
27-06-2013
Strange as it may sound, even though I am disappointed that my application date has moved from September 26, 2015 to July 25, 2017, I'm not as disappointed as I was a few months ago.

Now that the effective date has come, and the new rules are in place, it seems that simply knowing that is is finalized helps to temper some of the stress and anger. Sort of like "hey, I have to wait two more years, but it's ok, at least I know for sure now when I am eligible." And funny thing is, as you get older, each year flies by faster. ;)

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2_of_5 said:
Strange as it may sound, even though I am disappointed that my application date has moved from September 26, 2015 to July 25, 2017, I'm not as disappointed as I was a few months ago.

Now that the effective date has come, and the new rules are in place, it seems that simply knowing that is is finalized helps to temper some of the stress and anger. Sort of like "hey, I have to wait two more years, but it's ok, at least I know for sure now when I am eligible." And funny thing is, as you get older, each year flies by faster. ;)
Exactly
Now everybody has the control when to apply, no more waiting for the unknown dates.
Now everything is clear and the people can make their plans as they wish 8)

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Welcome to the fast track of processing time folks 8)

CIC has already the requirement to provide your SIN number in the new applications.

So finally they will check directly with CRA. 8)

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
2_of_5 said:
Yup, good point (and good attitude). When I heard about C24, I was like "good thing I applied before C24 otherwise i would have to wait another year, whew!"... but then I realized that waiting another year would not have been the end of the world. And it's been a year and a half later since I became a citizen and I'm still here and plan on sticking around for as far as i can see so it really ended up not being a big deal.

And yes, those years go by fast... too fast! ;)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/adults.asp is now up to date.

neonblue

May 7, 2015
9. Police certificate(s) (as required)

For any country, other than Canada, where you were present for six (6) months or longer (cumulative) during the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application, you are required to provide a police certificate for that country.

Format: Original.

this is very interesting...

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
neonblue said:

For any country, other than Canada, where you were present for six (6) months or longer (cumulative) during the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application, you are required to provide a police certificate for that country.

Note that it states "cumulative" not "consecutive"....

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
zardoz said:
Note that it states "cumulative" not "consecutive"....
ah crap. That may mean another FBI certificate for my wife when she applies for citizenship (she visits family in the US a lot so 183 days in four years is possible). It's a pain for her because it is tough for her to get good fingerprints done since her ridges are worn down and she has dry/rough hands. Half the time when she tries using the Global Entry kiosk to enter the US, the kiosk fails to successfully scan her fingerprints and she has to go to secondary.

well we'll deal with that when the time comes.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neonblue said:

So if someone goes on vacation back home for 1.5 months every year for 4 consecutive years (in 4 years immediately before the date of application), then by 4 years that person has resided in home country for a cumulative of 6 months. So, he/she has to provide a police certificate? My parents will need a police certificate for sure if that is the case.

Just wondering why CIC is concerned about last 4 years and not 6 years. Because 1460 days of physical presence should be in last 6 years and 183 days requirement should be in any 4 of the last 6 years....

neonblue

May 7, 2015
rajmalhotra7 said:
So if someone goes to vacation back home for 1.5 months every year for 4 consecutive years, then by 4 years that person have resided in home country for a cumulative of 6 months, then he/she has to provide a police certificate?
This is what i gather...I have to go to my home country and get the certificate. This was not on the old form.

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This might be a typo but as per CIC in the adult application form section 8, para K says about being present in another Country for 6 months cumulative in the preceding 4 years falls under "PROHIBITIONS UNDER THE CITIZENSHIP ACT" clause.
So in addition to getting a Police Certificate you will also need to attach court documents, if you checked "YES" to question K !!!

I wonder what kind of court documents would there be for living more then 6 months in a Country !!
;)

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In order to stop the stupid Paranoia with the Intend to reside clause :
This is from the Guide

Section 10

Question 10
Check Yes box to indicate your intention regarding residence if granted citizenship.

Check the box to indicate if you have a mental disability which affects your ability to form the intent referred to in this question. You must submit supporting documentary evidence to assist decision makers in understanding the basis of your claim.

If you check No box, your application will be returned to you because you are declaring that you do not meet the requirements for a grant of citizenship.

This requirement signals that citizenship is for those who intend to make their home in Canada. Applicants for citizenship must satisfy this requirement up until the taking of the Oath of Citizenship. However, this requirement would not limit citizens’ mobility rights. New citizens will be able to leave and return to the country like other citizens.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
New phase of insanity begins. Collect collect collect more and more of such documents. What a beauty from CIC!

author=yukon link=topic=234238.msg4387632#msg4387632 date=143405179
This might be a typo but as per CIC in the adult application form section 8, para K says about being present in another Country for 6 months cumulative in the preceding 4 years falls under "PROHIBITIONS UNDER THE CITIZENSHIP ACT" clause.
So in addition to getting a Police Certificate you will also need to attach court documents, if you checked "YES" to question K !!!

I wonder what kind of court documents would there be for living more then 6 months in a Country !!
;)

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianCountry said:
New phase of insanity begins. Collect collect collect more and more of such documents. What a beauty from CIC!
I think this is the best approach from them, because the aftermath will be issued RQs only to those who really deserve it.

Very good change ;)

2_of_5

Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
27-06-2013
MUFC said:
I think this is the best approach from them, because the aftermath will be issued RQs only to those who really deserve it.

Very good change ;)
Very true. I'm sure CIC dislikes RQs as much as we do!