+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Of course that is not news anymore, but meanwhile you can trace back chronologically the archive where is obvious on which date the news have been updated.

Unreliable source.

It seems that the best and most reliable sources of official and confirmed information are the CIC news section and the Parliament website.

The real date will be published there.

pank123

May 4, 2015
A newbie here!

I am in a big dilemma, seniors please HELP!!

I'll be eligible to apply for Citizenship in June but my wife and son will not until October of this year.
Should i go ahead apply for my Citizenship or wait to apply with the whole family?
Can i apply separate for myself in June and separate for my wife and son when they become eligible under the new law?

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply separately , no problem.

Just make sure that you have at least 1095 days of physical presence before July 1st.

mohanna

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
If your son is less that 18 years old, you can apply for him with you. Children are waived from the residency condition
pank123 said:
Thanks!! :)

Yes, as per the current CIC calculator, i have the required days of physical presence.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
counting my days to my application date.
from now till june 17 2015 42 days.... Please Mr. chris alexander let us know the secret date, isnt it about time to play open cards ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is very common such big and complex Acts to have a small delay of the actual enforcement.
Pay attention that nowhere in the official statements so far it is mentioned even a definitive month.

It's clear that the actual enforcement will not be all of a sudden after the final notice.

The only date that seems really dangerous is Canada Day.

Canada Day is only 8 weeks away from now.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Before the actual cut off date everyone is applying under the current rules.

I don't see anything to bother the people who will be eligible to apply before Canada Day.

Martin29

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
pank123 said:
A newbie here!

I am in a big dilemma, seniors please HELP!!

I'll be eligible to apply for Citizenship in June but my wife and son will not until October of this year.
Should i go ahead apply for my Citizenship or wait to apply with the whole family?
Can i apply separate for myself in June and separate for my wife and son when they become eligible under the new law?
It depends on what benefits you get by taking Canadian citizenship alone in the family.If you are from third world country(me too) and make lot of international trips alone then take Canadian citizenship asap. Else apply together. At least you will save some time.Now you have to go through all the formalities and after 1 year again for your wife and kid.Its double work.Sometimes if husband is Canadian citizen and wife is not will give some difficulties.Some countries don't allow dual citizenship.If your home country wont allow dual citizenship then to go for a family vacation you have to get a visa.Your Canadian passport will expire 1 year before your wife's Canadian passport in future.Renewal time will be different.That will be double work.In Canada citizen and PR have almost the same rights.Think about the pros and cons and decide.

Martin29

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
MUFC said:
Before the actual cut off date everyone is applying under the current rules.

I don't see anything to bother the people who will be eligible to apply before Canada Day.
I wish your words come true.I will be eligible on 26 June.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you see any official and confirmed danger for your application?
Because I don't.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That date is coming from the call centre, there is a reason why so many senior members don't trust them, not only about this issue.

Do you really think that a regular call centre clerk which is so low in the chain will know the actual cut off date and they will share that without any problem?

They say tentative date. Not the official date.