+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effect on EE, after PGWP expires and i decide to go back to school

Fkama027

Aug 7, 2023
Hello

My PGWP will expire in June 2024. Since I have not received ITA, can I decide to go back to school and apply for study permit? Will this have any effect on my EE profile and if I get ITA?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello

My PGWP will expire in June 2024. Since I have not received ITA, can I decide to go back to school and apply for study permit? Will this have any effect on my EE profile and if I get ITA?
No. Do you have admission? Can you show that you paid first year tuition and show $21k in funds? You cannot work after June 2024.

What is your CRS score and NOC?

Fkama027

Aug 7, 2023
Yes, I got admission. I could pay half of the tuition and yes I intend to use of fathers bank statement.

My CRS score is 511 and NOC is Crane Operator

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, I got admission. I could pay half of the tuition and yes I intend to use of fathers bank statement.

My CRS score is 511 and NOC is Crane Operator
Hopefully you will get ITA soon. You must stop working in June if you haven’t received ITA. Study permit may be approved. Make sure funds show tuition plus $21k and that father can support himself and spouse/children under 22.

Fkama027

Aug 7, 2023
Thank you. Can i continue working if study permit is approved? But i will diffidently stop working on 30th June, which is my PGWP expiring date

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you. Can i continue working if study permit is approved? But i will diffidently stop working on 30th June, which is my PGWP expiring date
No. Your study permit is tied to your program date so you can start working when program starts.

Fkama027

Aug 7, 2023
Hello

Before I moved to Canada to start my education, I previously worked as a journalist for 2 years. However, the person that helped in study permit application indicated 1 year of work experience, which i just noticed a few days ago after going through my files. my concern right is that I indicated in EE that I have 2 years work experience from my home country. Can that affect my chances of getting my PR after i submit my documents? Secondly, if my employer indicates in my reference letter that i have worked for 2 years with the company, will that be consider by IRCC.

please I need help with answers.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello

Before I moved to Canada to start my education, I previously worked as a journalist for 2 years. However, the person that helped in study permit application indicated 1 year of work experience, which i just noticed a few days ago after going through my files. my concern right is that I indicated in EE that I have 2 years work experience from my home country. Can that affect my chances of getting my PR after i submit my documents? Secondly, if my employer indicates in my reference letter that i have worked for 2 years with the company, will that be consider by IRCC.

please I need help with answers.
So you lied on your study permit but it should not be an issue for EE.