+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE without ECA document

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hi,

Is it possible to create the EE profile, without having the ECA document?
I know my degree would be equivalent to Master's degree in Canada. Is it possible to upload the information in the profile after receiving the ITA?
I have my IELTS TRF and other documents, only ECA is pending. I'll receive my transcripts in a week and will then send them to WES. The process will take approx. 1 month.

Regards.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I know my degree would be equivalent to Master's degree in Canada. Is it possible to upload the information in the profile after receiving the ITA?
I have my IELTS TRF and other documents, only ECA is pending. I'll receive my transcripts in a week and will then send them to WES. The process will take approx. 1 month.

Regards.
You would be faking information in order to obtain an ITA.

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
No. You can NOT do that. It has to be done BEFORE creating the EE profile.

You will need to get an ECA for your foreign degree, diploma or certificate if:
  1. you want to be considered for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) under Express Entry, and
  • you want to receive Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points for your foreign education
    • for yourself as an Express Entry candidate, or
    • for your spouse or common-law partner coming with you to Canada.
To be eligible under a) or to get points under b) you must include ECA results as part of your Express Entry profile.
Thanks for the quick response. I do not want to waste any time, so, one more question, if you don't mind?
Can I get the PCC and the medical exam done before receiving the ITA?

hishamx87

Apr 25, 2017
Thanks for the quick response. I do not want to waste any time, so, one more question, if you don't mind?
Can I get the PCC and the medical exam done before receiving the ITA?
If your profile is ready and you are sure about getting ITA in the upcoming draw then YES.

Medical is recommended as a last step before E-AOR as your PPR validity is dependent on your medical expiry. PCC can be obtained anytime but make sure that it doesn't expire as the validity of PCC is very short i.e. 3 to 6 months if issued for the current place of residence. If it's for any other country where you do not intend to visit and had lived there for morethan 6 months cumulative then YES you can get it as it's validity will not be affected BUT CIC can ask you for a fresh one if they require it.

As you said that you haven't received an ECA for your degree which means that you cannot submit your profile as ECA reference number is mandatory for post secodary education.

Reactions: tarun1110

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Get the PCC now if you think your score is likely to get you an ITA soon. But keep in mind that PCCs have to be valid at the time you apply. I would recommend to wait and do medicals after ITA.
OK. thanks. My CRS would be 470 as per the points calculator. IELTS 9 7.5 7 7. Work ex 4 years. Education - Master's.
That's why I want to get things done at the earliest. All other documents are in place, I just made the mistake of not getting the ECA done earlier.

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Sounds great. Good luck my friend!
BTW, the 6 month is for overall stay. For example, if you visit country A 6 times for 1 months each, then you have to get PCC for that country.
Yes. The total stay, including all the visits, is less than six months. At least something to cheer about. Don't need a bundle of PCCs.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your profile is ready and you are sure about getting ITA in the upcoming draw then YES.

Medical is recommended as a last step before E-AOR as your PPR validity is dependent on your medical expiry. PCC can be obtained anytime but make sure that it doesn't expire as the validity of PCC is very short i.e. 3 to 6 months if issued for the current place of residence. If it's for any other country where you do not intend to visit and had lived there for morethan 6 months cumulative then YES you can get it as it's validity will not be affected BUT CIC can ask you for a fresh one if they require it.

As you said that you haven't received an ECA for your degree which means that you cannot submit your profile as ECA reference number is mandatory for post secodary education.
It is not the PPR validity but the COPR validity that is usually dependent on the medical expiry.

For the country of residence the PCC is valid for 6 months under IRCCs eyes, whatever is stated on the PCC is irrelevant. Heck my application would have been rejected as one of the PCCs I obtained is valid only for 30 days and I submitted my eAPR after that.

Reactions: hishamx87

Froggie1984

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Hi,

Regards.
You can actually submit an EE profile without an ECA, but it will come back as ineligible because you have to type in your WES/IQAS/etc reference number from the certificate to claim points for education. I found out the hard way, by trying to do it back in March. Not to mislead CIC or anything, just didn't educate myself enough about the process. It's not a massive problem, but I wasted time.