Sep 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hey everyone,

I am in the process of uploading my documents and have a few of queries which I am hoping one of the veteran members who has been through the process before can help clarify on:

1. There is an option for Offer of Employment and Letter of Employment - I have already been working in Canada for over twelve months in the NOC role I am claiming CRS points for. I have obtained an 'IRCC-standard' suitable employment letter from my current Canadian employer confirming all relevant details (job role, salary, hours, duties, intention to continue to employ me should I be successful in obtaining PR etc.) -- I assume this would be uploaded under 'Letter of Employment'? If this is true, then what should I upload under Offer of Employment, as I am already working, so therefore 'Offer of Employment' is not really relevant?

2. I have 2 x slots for 'Employment Records' as I am claiming points for my current job and also a previous job in the UK which is related to the NOC. I know that I must upload all the supporting documentation for the points claimed for my experience in the UK in one of these slots which is fine, however what should I upload in the second slot for my current employment in Canada? As I am already uploading a suitable employment letter as stated in point 1 above; the only other things I can think to put in here would be T4s/Pay Stubs and my Contract of Employment?

3. There is no option to upload the CELPIP test score proof?

Any advice and clarity on the above from someone in a previously similar situation who has completed their application successfully would be hugely appreciated! The ? Explanation bubbles provided by IRCC are not really at all helpful.

Thanks all! :)

soulrebelhere

Aug 24, 2017
Based on my understanding :

Offer of Employment : Should contain work hours and some form of confirmation that job s full-time, permanent or a specific end-date (atleast 1 yr etc)

Letter of Employment : Should contain Job duties and responsibilities, positions held in the past with dates etc (can include Pay stubs, T4s as support documents )

In my case, I submitted IELTS scores and report card number. No need to update score card as an attachment

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone,

I am in the process of uploading my documents and have a few of queries which I am hoping one of the veteran members who has been through the process before can help clarify on:

1. There is an option for Offer of Employment and Letter of Employment - I have already been working in Canada for over twelve months in the NOC role I am claiming CRS points for. I have obtained an 'IRCC-standard' suitable employment letter from my current Canadian employer confirming all relevant details (job role, salary, hours, duties, intention to continue to employ me should I be successful in obtaining PR etc.) -- I assume this would be uploaded under 'Letter of Employment'? If this is true, then what should I upload under Offer of Employment, as I am already working, so therefore 'Offer of Employment' is not really relevant?

2. I have 2 x slots for 'Employment Records' as I am claiming points for my current job and also a previous job in the UK which is related to the NOC. I know that I must upload all the supporting documentation for the points claimed for my experience in the UK in one of these slots which is fine, however what should I upload in the second slot for my current employment in Canada? As I am already uploading a suitable employment letter as stated in point 1 above; the only other things I can think to put in here would be T4s/Pay Stubs and my Contract of Employment?

3. There is no option to upload the CELPIP test score proof?

Any advice and clarity on the above from someone in a previously similar situation who has completed their application successfully would be hugely appreciated! The ? Explanation bubbles provided by IRCC are not really at all helpful.

Thanks all! :)
Did you claim points for arranged employment? What type of work permit do you have?

andyhughes88

Sep 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Thanks @soulrebelhere !

@DelPiero07 - I am currently on a two year working holiday visa (IEC). I claimed points for Canadian Work Experience of 12 months. For the question where it asked if I had a job offer I selected 'yes', but answered 'No' for does it have a LMIA and the reason being - my 'work permit is exempt form LMIA due to an international agreement', which I understood IEC is? Did I answer this correctly?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks @soulrebelhere !

@DelPiero07 - I am currently on a two year working holiday visa (IEC). I claimed points for Canadian Work Experience of 12 months. For the question where it asked if I had a job offer I selected 'yes', but answered 'No' for does it have a LMIA and the reason being - my 'work permit is exempt form LMIA due to an international agreement', which I understood IEC is? Did I answer this correctly?
You cannot have a valid job offer while holding an open work permit so change your answer of the very first question in the intended work section to "no" and all other questions will disappear. Also, placeholders for letter of employment and offer of employment will disappear as they are not applicable to your situation.

Do check your ITA letter though and make sure it states "0" for arranged employment.

Reactions: msmahmood

andyhughes88

Sep 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
@DelPiero07 - thanks so much, really appreciate it! My ITA shows 0 for arranged employment so I answered 'No' to the job offer question and now those placeholders have disappeared as you said.

There are now just two placeholders for Employment Records. To confirm do you recommend I upload the following into here:

Slot 1: Eligible Employment Letter from [current] Canadian Employer, plus: employment contract, T4s/Wage Slips - as one combined PDF
Slot 2: Letter from previous UK employer, plus any other supporting documents (old contract, wage slips etc.) = as one combined PDF

Let me know if I have missed anything or anything in particular that you recommend?

Finally, there is no place to upload CELPIP score sheet? Should I just leave this out or include it under education along with my ECA and Diploma?

Thanks!! ;)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@DelPiero07 - thanks so much, really appreciate it! My ITA shows 0 for arranged employment so I answered 'No' to the job offer question and now those placeholders have disappeared as you said.

There are now just two placeholders for Employment Records. To confirm do you recommend I upload the following into here:

Slot 1: Eligible Employment Letter from [current] Canadian Employer, plus: employment contract, T4s/Wage Slips - as one combined PDF
Slot 2: Letter from previous UK employer, plus any other supporting documents (old contract, wage slips etc.) = as one combined PDF

Let me know if I have missed anything or anything in particular that you recommend?

Finally, there is no place to upload CELPIP score sheet? Should I just leave this out or include it under education along with my ECA and Diploma?

Thanks!! ;)
What you're providing is sufficient.

Do include your CELPIP score sheet in the education placeholder. Although it is not mandatory to provide it there is a chance it can be requested during the processing of your application so it simply saves time to upload it upfront.