+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE: Spouse Canadian work experience

sherryWazza

Jul 25, 2017
Hi All,
I submitted my EE profile yesterday. My spouse and I are currently in Canada. I have an years exp working here where as my spouse has been working here for the past 8 months. I mentioned these details in her work history section, although I didn't get any points for it. My question is - did I do the right thing by mentioning her work exp? Or should I remove the details from her work history? Note: This is a pre-ITA query. Also the account that I m using to submit my EE profile is the one we had used to file her open work permit.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you receive an ITA and her work experience is mentioned in the work history section then a placeholder will appear in the document checklist asking you to provide supporting evidence.

If you think you'll get an ITA before she completes a year of work experience then mention it only in the personal history section once you receive an ITA.

Harman_Brar

Mar 5, 2019
Hello
I am in the Similar kind of situation. I have 1 year of experience in NOC B and have the CRS score of 464, which should be enough to meet the requirements of EE(CEC). However when i register for my EE profile, it ask me about my wife's work experience, which i don't want to mention. What should i select in the option in spouse work experience column. ? I asked for advise for various people and they told me to skip the Profile part and say No experience in that but include all her work details in Personal history section after we receive the ITA.

sherryWazza

Jul 25, 2017
Hello
I am in the Similar kind of situation. I have 1 year of experience in NOC B and have the CRS score of 464, which should be enough to meet the requirements of EE(CEC). However when i register for my EE profile, it ask me about my wife's work experience, which i don't want to mention. What should i select in the option in spouse work experience column. ? I asked for advise for various people and they told me to skip the Profile part and say No experience in that but include all her work details in Personal history section after we receive the ITA.
Hey, don't mention anything in her work history. Mention her work experience in her personal history. That's what I did and I already got my PR. Good luck!

AAmd29

Apr 3, 2021
If you receive an ITA and her work experience is mentioned in the work history section then a placeholder will appear in the document checklist asking you to provide supporting evidence.

If you think you'll get an ITA before she completes a year of work experience then mention it only in the personal history section once you receive an ITA.

Im in a similar situation. My wife is on her 10th month (canadian experience) and I already got a year. Do I just remove her work exp in our EE profile and just declare it in the personal history after ITA? Or should I declare her work now?

AAmd29

Apr 3, 2021
Hi All,
I submitted my EE profile yesterday. My spouse and I are currently in Canada. I have an years exp working here where as my spouse has been working here for the past 8 months. I mentioned these details in her work history section, although I didn't get any points for it. My question is - did I do the right thing by mentioning her work exp? Or should I remove the details from her work history? Note: This is a pre-ITA query. Also the account that I m using to submit my EE profile is the one we had used to file her open work permit.

Just want to ask what did you decide to do? Sorry I know this is an old post but im exactly in the same situation now..

Dakshay0805

Nov 20, 2022
Hi I have a somewhat similar situation. I applied for EE today and my spouse works in the teer category 2 job since may 2021, which counts for 1 year experience right now. I mentioned it in my profile but I didnt receive any points for the same.