+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE profile Work experience (employed in group of companies)

Jun 5, 2021
I am employed in an XYZ group (Financial Service Provider). This XYZ Group has many Firms, LLPs, and Companies operating under it, at the same premises. The names of those Firms, LLPs, and Companies do not resemble each other. e.g. Apple & co., Banana LLP, Strawberry Pvt Ltd. (they don’t have XYZ in their name).
Further, I do not receive my salary from a particular Firm, LLP, or Company, every month it comes from a different firm’s account.
Now, my employer is mentioning just “XYZ Group“(not a particular Firm’s name) in employment documents i.e. appointment letter, experience letter, reference letter, salary certificate. However, in the monthly salary slip, they are mentioning the name of the firm(from which they are paying the salary) and XYZ group both.
My question is
1. If I mention XYZ group for work experience in my EE profile, is it enough/correct?
2. Can the different names mentioned on the monthly salary slip create a problem?
Thanks in advance

jase3708

Star Member
Aug 6, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-03-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
File Transfer...
30-05-2021
Med's Done....
03-03-2021
Passport Req..
12-06-2021
When I applied, I used the branch name of my current company so it was still a very similar name so it didn't matter in my case. For you, I think this can be easily fixed by writing an LOE when you sending the PR app. If you have already sent in the app, use the webform to explain the potential confusion that the officer may have when reviewing your work history. If you can clarify, this should suffice.

Jun 5, 2021
When I applied, I used the branch name of my current company so it was still a very similar name so it didn't matter in my case. For you, I think this can be easily fixed by writing an LOE when you sending the PR app. If you have already sent in the app, use the webform to explain the potential confusion that the officer may have when reviewing your work history. If you can clarify, this should suffice.
Hey, thank you for your response.
I haven't got the ITA yet so I can still explain it in my LOE.
In your case, did u get the reference letter from branch or the parent company ?

jase3708

Star Member
Aug 6, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-03-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
File Transfer...
30-05-2021
Med's Done....
03-03-2021
Passport Req..
12-06-2021
Hey, thank you for your response.
I haven't got the ITA yet so I can still explain it in my LOE.
In your case, did u get the reference letter from branch or the parent company ?
Parent company but I don’t think this matters