+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Profile with Spouse

Derik

Aug 10, 2022
Hi,
Hope everyone doing great.
I have one question regarding EE profile. Right now my profile is in the pool and I am planning to go back my home country for the marriage. If I do not receive my ITA before I getting married, What would be the next step. Do I need to add my spouse right away(She is in other country) or I need to withdraw my EE file and apply for Spousal Work permit then I need to create EE profile again with my Spouse. Lot of confusion going around. Your help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
I have one question regarding EE profile. Right now my profile is in the pool and I am planning to go back my home country for the marriage. If I do not receive my ITA before I getting married, What would be the next step. Do I need to add my spouse right away(She is in other country) or I need to withdraw my EE file and apply for Spousal Work permit then I need to create EE profile again with my Spouse. Lot of confusion going around. Your help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Once you are married, you must add her to your application. She will need medical. Your score will change and if you want to improve score you may need to add her as non accompanying, take IELTS and ECAs. No need to withdraw.

What is your status in Canada?

Derik

Aug 10, 2022
Once you are married, you must add her to your application. She will need medical. Your score will change and if you want to improve score you may need to add her as non accompanying, take IELTS and ECAs. No need to withdraw.

What is your status in Canada?
If I add my spouse to my profile, then she needs to take IELTS and ECA ASAP. Right??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If I add my spouse to my profile, then she needs to take IELTS and ECA ASAP. Right??
She doesn’t need to take IELTS and ECA but it may help your score. You need to figure out your new CRS score with her as accompanying/non accompanying and with or without IELTS and ECA.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have a job which falls under NOC 2282. My PGWP expired in 2024 August. And she lives in India.
So once you are married. You show your employment letter and 3 pays stubs to apply for SOWP. Processing is about 45 weeks and she will need medical.

For EE, what is your CRS score with her added (accompanying vs non).

Derik

Aug 10, 2022
So once you are married. You show your employment letter and 3 pays stubs to apply for SOWP. Processing is about 45 weeks and she will need medical.

For EE, what is your CRS score with her added (accompanying vs non).
FOr EE, Right now, my score is 437. If I add her, with her accompanying and basic IELTS, it will be 429.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
FOr EE, Right now, my score is 437. If I add her, with her accompanying and basic IELTS, it will be 429.
So unfortunately you will not be invited with that score. What province?

So really your next step is to marry, return to Canada and apply for SOWP. Given processing times a response may not be received by the time your PGWP expires.

Another option is for her to apply for a TRV. She needs to show her own funds, ties to home country (job), travel history. If approved she can come to Canada but not work. She could apply for SOWP if within 6 months of your PGWP expiry.

Derik

Aug 10, 2022
So unfortunately you will not be invited with that score. What province?

So really your next step is to marry, return to Canada and apply for SOWP. Given processing times a response may not be received by the time your PGWP expires.

Another option is for her to apply for a TRV. She needs to show her own funds, ties to home country (job), travel history. If approved she can come to Canada but not work. She could apply for SOWP if within 6 months of your PGWP expiry.
I am in ON.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hi,
Thanks
Simple rule, you cannot add her as your spouse unless you are legally married.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I don't think my employer will provide a document for that.
So you need to look at other PNP programs. Or be watch for other PR paths that the government announces for those currenly in Canada working.

So until you are married, adding her to your application or SOWP are not options.