+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE PR; Inland landing at CIC office (sharing experience)

Monzur

Star Member
Sep 17, 2016
It was just my personal opinion that there has to be a good reason (work requirements, college tuition reduction before deadline, travel plans, etc). I am not sure if there is a rule written somewhere on the CIC website or how they plan to check if the reason is true or not. I overheard the entry guy questioning one lady who came in later if she had an email showing the appointment for Ottawa, so I guess they may have a discretionary power to allow people in. My guess is that since relatively few people know about the walk-in appointment on 2nd and 4th Tuesdays, they haven't formalized anything. But that may change if way too many people show up and they get overwhelmed (its actually a small center, with enough seating for about 25 people and 4 counters handling them.)

Good luck with the application !
Thanks. I will try to set appointment first but If its taking too long then I will just walk in.

amitkaushik

May 27, 2017
Hi,

I just wanted to share my experience of 'landing' at the Ottawa CIC office on 200 Catherine Street. The second Tuesday of every month you can do a walk in without an appointment. I was waiting less than ten minutes and the process itself took about ten minutes as well. I changed my address over the phone with CIC before attending the meeting as I was moving from Quebec to Ontario and needed to list my new Ontario address. EE is not to be used to immigrate to Quebec!

I was asked 3 simple questions:

Have I been arrested or convicted of a crime?
Have I any dependents not listed on my application?
Have I ever been refused entry to Canada?

I then signed the COPR document.

I was asked for my passport, my current visa papers, my COPR and photos. I had my whole case file with me in case there were any issues. My visa was then cancelled, my passport was stamped and signed, my photo added to a form sent to PR card processing and I was told that I could apply for my health card and new SIN number after 24 hours.

Then the very polite agent conferred residency status upon me and I left a Permanent Resident of Canada with the COPR document in my hand.

I highly recommend landing this way rather than flagpoling. It's a guaranteed more streamlined process as things can be amended and remedied in the office, whereas when entering the country you can't afford to have anything not in 100% order. I was also informed that it is in fact OK to use any office to do this.

Thank you Canada and Ontario for allowing me live and work in your great country. Thank you Quebec for giving me my start. I look forward to many more happy years here!
Hi Mutenye,

I did the same as you mentioned and now I need to get the SIN number, so where did you go to get the SIN number?

Thanks for sharing!

sinab

Jan 16, 2016
Hi,

I just wanted to share my experience of 'landing' at the Ottawa CIC office on 200 Catherine Street. The second Tuesday of every month you can do a walk in without an appointment. I was waiting less than ten minutes and the process itself took about ten minutes as well. I changed my address over the phone with CIC before attending the meeting as I was moving from Quebec to Ontario and needed to list my new Ontario address. EE is not to be used to immigrate to Quebec!

I was asked 3 simple questions:

Have I been arrested or convicted of a crime?
Have I any dependents not listed on my application?
Have I ever been refused entry to Canada?

I then signed the COPR document.

I was asked for my passport, my current visa papers, my COPR and photos. I had my whole case file with me in case there were any issues. My visa was then cancelled, my passport was stamped and signed, my photo added to a form sent to PR card processing and I was told that I could apply for my health card and new SIN number after 24 hours.

Then the very polite agent conferred residency status upon me and I left a Permanent Resident of Canada with the COPR document in my hand.

I highly recommend landing this way rather than flagpoling. It's a guaranteed more streamlined process as things can be amended and remedied in the office, whereas when entering the country you can't afford to have anything not in 100% order. I was also informed that it is in fact OK to use any office to do this.

Thank you Canada and Ontario for allowing me live and work in your great country. Thank you Quebec for giving me my start. I look forward to many more happy years here!
Hi guys,

Does anybody know if we can still do this? I'm not residing in Ottawa but I'm in Ontario. I'm planning to go there on June 26th. I was wondering if this is still available for inland applicants?

Thanks.