+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE PR; Inland landing at CIC office (sharing experience)

SuSha167

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
I and my partner did our inland landing today at CIC Ottawa office at 200 Catherine Street. Since there is so little information on the forum about inland landing, I decided to make this thread for further reference.

At Ottawa office, no appointment is needed. It is available for walk-in every odd tuesdays of each month from 10-12 and 1-3. We went there at 9:40 (as advised by Firewall to avoid the queue), and handed our papers to the guard. He took us inside and we waited for our names to be called. All families with small children get priority processing, so we waited until 11:30 for our turn. A long wait since there were a lot of families with small kids. The immigration officer was very nice and friendly but our photos had to be redone. So we went to get the photos redone and our next appointment was at 1:15.

Documents needed:
- Passports
- 2 copies of CoPR each ( you get both copies with your passport from CIC)
- 1 copy of photo each (the other copy will already have been attached to one of your CoPRs)

Actual time at counter: Around 10 minutes for two people.

3 standard questions asked:
-have you been charged?
- have you been denied admission to Canada?
-do you have other dependents other than mentioned in application?

We signed infront of Immigration Officer and she gave us back one copy of CoPR each and said we would be needing it while applying for citizenship. And, also not to laminate it. Then she said, if we travel before we get our PR cards, the border officer can deny us admission to Canada. She didn't say it will happen, but it might as we won't have any travel documents to be admitted to Canada before our PR cards. This came as a huge surprise, but then again nothing we can do than enjoy the summer in Canada.

Good luck to everyone out here!

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
Re: EE PR; Inland landing at CIC office

Thank you for the information.

The bit about receiving the PR cards is very strange. It take a minimum of 6 weeks to receive the PR cards. I applied in early May and hope to get a reply soon (Inshallah). But my wife and I are travelling in August. I doubt I'll get the PR cards by then. Will have to check back with CIC closer to my travel date.

Thank you again and Congratulations!

SuSha167

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Re: EE PR; Inland landing at CIC office

mazamilam said:
Thank you for the information.

The bit about receiving the PR cards is very strange. It take a minimum of 6 weeks to receive the PR cards. I applied in early May and hope to get a reply soon (Inshallah). But my wife and I are travelling in August. I doubt I'll get the PR cards by then. Will have to check back with CIC closer to my travel date.

Thank you again and Congratulations!
Thank you Mazamilam.
The officer said PR card will be delivered within 4-6 weeks. We had our summer trip planned too. But we are going to cancel it, don't want to take any risks at this stage. I would recommend you to wait and see where your application gets by August. If you get your PPR before that, then you can do the landing on your way back from the trip. But just don't do the landing right before your travel dates. Instead save it for your return trip to Canada. You see what I mean?

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
I do understand what you mean.

I'm travelling back home as my sister is getting married. Can't change those plans.

As I said, I'll inquire when I'm closer to the travel dates.

SuSha167

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
mazamilam said:
I do understand what you mean.

I'm travelling back home as my sister is getting married. Can't change those plans.

As I said, I'll inquire when I'm closer to the travel dates.
Yes, that is a good plan. Best wishes!

icanadian

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2015
SuSha167 said:
I and my partner did our inland landing today at CIC Ottawa office at 200 Catherine Street. Since there is so little information on the forum about inland landing, I decided to make this thread for further reference.

At Ottawa office, no appointment is needed. It is available for walk-in every odd tuesdays of each month from 10-12 and 1-3. We went there at 9:40 (as advised by Firewall to avoid the queue), and handed our papers to the guard. He took us inside and we waited for our names to be called. All families with small children get priority processing, so we waited until 11:30 for our turn. A long wait since there were a lot of families with small kids. The immigration officer was very nice and friendly but our photos had to be redone. So we went to get the photos redone and our next appointment was at 1:15.

Documents needed:
- Passports
- 2 copies of CoPR each ( you get both copies with your passport from CIC)
- 1 copy of photo each (the other copy will already have been attached to one of your CoPRs)

Actual time at counter: Around 10 minutes for two people.

3 standard questions asked:
-have you been charged?
- have you been denied admission to Canada?
-do you have other dependents other than mentioned in application?

We signed infront of Immigration Officer and she gave us back one copy of CoPR each and said we would be needing it while applying for citizenship. And, also not to laminate it. Then she said, if we travel before we get our PR cards, the border officer can deny us admission to Canada. She didn't say it will happen, but it might as we won't have any travel documents to be admitted to Canada before our PR cards. This came as a huge surprise, but then again nothing we can do than enjoy the summer in Canada.

Good luck to everyone out here!
This is a great info + 1 to you. By the way every odd tuesday means?

Scorpiano

Mar 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interesting Topic! Congratulations and thanks For Sharing.

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow Congrats, this is great news! We got ITA the same day but I submitted my file on May 4th. Yours was processed pretty quickly, that gives m hopes too :)

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
katja2684 said:
wow Congrats, this is great news! We got ITA the same day but I submitted my file on May 4th. Yours was processed pretty quickly, that gives m hopes too :)
Me, too - ITA same day, file submitted May 7 for us - we had to wait for medicals.

SuSha167

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
dobes said:
Me, too - ITA same day, file submitted May 7 for us - we had to wait for medicals.
katja2684 said:
Thanks katja! I am sure both of you will get updates from CIC very soon.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you SuSha very nice post. Congrats for all your good work and for your PR. Hope you will get your PR card soon and then you can travel.

Please keep us helping for our doubts.

Your process went very quick a shy of relief for you and your family.... :)

Thanks.

pr_rider

Star Member
May 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
In land
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015
IELTS Request
27-05-2015
File Transfer...
27-05-2015
Med's Request
27-04-2015
Med's Done....
27-05-2015
wow that was fast !
2 months huh , congratulations :p....
my time line is very close to you, i am sw though . even though i got both CEC and SW open for me, however i received ITA on SW
ITA 27, Mar
File submitted and AOR 16, April
midical passed May 27
CiLPIP requsted May 27
CiLPIP submitted May 27
BG check started in progress may 30.

I think CIC process CEC faster than SW , what do you guys think ?

best wishes to everyone