+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE PR; Inland landing at CIC office (sharing experience)

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
Me, too - ITA same day, file submitted May 7 for us - we had to wait for medicals.
[/quote
Actually I checked my file in ecas and the 3rd line says Medicals received. At least I don't have to worry for that anymore :D

Perla2015

Jan 29, 2015
Hi everyone,

I used to live in Ottawa and just moved to Toronto for a new job. Is it possible to land in CIC office in Ottawa? I called CIC several times but they were not 100% sure...

CIC office Ottawa accepts applicant in every second and forth week of each month based on what CIC provided me with. Does anyone know how restrict they are with the current address on the CoPR?

Can someone help me with this issue?

MridulSharma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Called CIC and I was told that I can't. But I have seen a guy who did the landing @Catherine ST - Ottawa as latest as Jan-2016 eventhough he doesn't live in Ottawa. I haven't seen documentation that "you can't". When I live in TOronto, I can always do flapole OR arrive at an airport which is NOT in my postal code area. Not sure what's the issue for inland landing at a location other than the one close to your postal code ?

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-landing-in-ottawa-office-t386985.0.html

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Hi,

I just wanted to share my experience of 'landing' at the Ottawa CIC office on 200 Catherine Street. The second Tuesday of every month you can do a walk in without an appointment. I was waiting less than ten minutes and the process itself took about ten minutes as well. I changed my address over the phone with CIC before attending the meeting as I was moving from Quebec to Ontario and needed to list my new Ontario address. EE is not to be used to immigrate to Quebec!

I was asked 3 simple questions:

Have I been arrested or convicted of a crime?
Have I any dependents not listed on my application?
Have I ever been refused entry to Canada?

I then signed the COPR document.

I was asked for my passport, my current visa papers, my COPR and photos. I had my whole case file with me in case there were any issues. My visa was then cancelled, my passport was stamped and signed, my photo added to a form sent to PR card processing and I was told that I could apply for my health card and new SIN number after 24 hours.

Then the very polite agent conferred residency status upon me and I left a Permanent Resident of Canada with the COPR document in my hand.

I highly recommend landing this way rather than flagpoling. It's a guaranteed more streamlined process as things can be amended and remedied in the office, whereas when entering the country you can't afford to have anything not in 100% order. I was also informed that it is in fact OK to use any office to do this.

Thank you Canada and Ontario for allowing me live and work in your great country. Thank you Quebec for giving me my start. I look forward to many more happy years here!

Ashot

Star Member
Feb 26, 2016
Ottawa
Mutenye said:
Hi,

I just wanted to share my experience of 'landing' at the Ottawa CIC office on 200 Catherine Street. The second Tuesday of every month you can do a walk in without an appointment. I was waiting less than ten minutes and the process itself took about ten minutes as well. I changed my address over the phone with CIC before attending the meeting as I was moving from Quebec to Ontario and needed to list my new Ontario address. EE is not to be used to immigrate to Quebec!

I was asked 3 simple questions:

Have I been arrested or convicted of a crime?
Have I any dependents not listed on my application?
Have I ever been refused entry to Canada?

I then signed the COPR document.

I was asked for my passport, my current visa papers, my COPR and photos. I had my whole case file with me in case there were any issues. My visa was then cancelled, my passport was stamped and signed, my photo added to a form sent to PR card processing and I was told that I could apply for my health card and new SIN number after 24 hours.

Then the very polite agent conferred residency status upon me and I left a Permanent Resident of Canada with the COPR document in my hand.

I highly recommend landing this way rather than flagpoling. It's a guaranteed more streamlined process as things can be amended and remedied in the office, whereas when entering the country you can't afford to have anything not in 100% order. I was also informed that it is in fact OK to use any office to do this.

Thank you Canada and Ontario for allowing me live and work in your great country. Thank you Quebec for giving me my start. I look forward to many more happy years here!
Thank you for detailed information. I want to do the same with my family. I called CIC and they said I can do a walk in ever 2nd and 4th Tuesday...
So what we need to do is just go to 200 Catherine Street and wait? Is there a special procedure at entrance?
Thank you,

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Ashot said:
Thank you for detailed information. I want to do the same with my family. I called CIC and they said I can do a walk in ever 2nd and 4th Tuesday...
So what we need to do is just go to 200 Catherine Street and wait? Is there a special procedure at entrance?
Thank you,
Hi, when you walk into the building there is a security guard on the left and you tell him that you wish to do your landing. He will ask you for your COPR document and he will give it to the staff and ask you to take a seat until your name is called. The security guard acted in a sense as a receptionist. You can go on the 27th of this month.

Ashot

Star Member
Feb 26, 2016
Ottawa
Mutenye said:
Hi, when you walk into the building there is a security guard on the left and you tell him that you wish to do your landing. He will ask you for your COPR document and he will give it to the staff and ask you to take a seat until your name is called. The security guard acted in a sense as a receptionist. You can go on the 27th of this month.
Thanks bud, appreciate it! :)

Aliz14

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Additional Documents 01 Feb 2017
Nomination.....
20 Oct 2016
AOR Received.
17 Nov 2016
Med's Request
25 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
25 Feb 2017 (Somewhere)
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting..........
LANDED..........
GOD Knows......
Hi, Guys!

I would like to know about PR landing.

1) Should I land from the province I got Nomination (Nova scotia - PNP) or I can do landing from the province where currently I am living (Alberta)?

2) If, I do landing process from the city currently I am living that is Calgary, Can I ask the officer to send my PR card to my current address or Should I ask them to send directly to nova scotia address?

I am asking these questions because Since I am living in Alberta if all landing process would be done here that will give me some time for moving to Nova scotia until I get PR card.

Guys, i need your suggestion. I am waiting for your quick response.Thanks in advance.

Monzur

Star Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi, is this process still work? Landing at Ottawa without appointment?

Mutenye

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
08-06-2016
Hi, is this process still work? Landing at Ottawa without appointment?
As of 1 month ago I can confirm this process still works in that you can arrive on the designated day without an appointment yes.

Reactions: jshree

goldencanada

Star Member
May 4, 2014
I would like to add my experience to this thread.

Completed Inland landing at Etobicoke.

Overall timeline from receiving COPR to Inland Interview: 2 weeks (to get appointment email) and 1 week (scheduled landing interview).

You do not need any photographs or additional documents. Just carry your Passport and COPR. It's 5-8 minutes interaction with officer to complete entire process. Though you will see huge lineup of people, Management is very organized and super quick to address queries.

Best of luck..

jshree

Jul 26, 2017
As of 1 month ago I can confirm this process still works in that you can arrive on the designated day without an appointment yes.

Hi all,

I can also confirm that the inland landing at Ottawa is available on the 4th Tuesday in addition to the 2nd Tuesday, without an appointment, though you need a legitimate reason for doing so and you are asked to explain. I completed my landing on the 25th of July 2017 (Tuesday) at the IRCC Office on 200 Catherine Street. I am going to share my experience:

I showed up at 8:10 am with my passport (having the stamp), existing permits, the 2 copies of COPR, proof of address (driving license) and photos. The whole place had a relaxed atmosphere. A gentleman at the door took my COPR and asked me to wait. There were 2 couples ahead of me who were doing their PR landing as well. After about 40 minutes, it was my turn and the officer behind the counter asked me to show my documents and then proceeded to check his system to see everything was valid and upto date including the medicals. We had a pleasant conversation while this was ongoing. I got the feeling that he was willing to help you complete the process at a later date if something went wrong on your part. (One couple before me couldn't complete their landing because they waited too long to do it and their medicals expired. They were told to just redo the medicals and come back when ready). He then asked me the 3 questions:

1) "Have you been refused entry to Canada?"
2) "Do you have any dependents?"
3) "Do you have any criminal conviction?"

After I said no to all the 3 questions, he congratulated me on becoming a PR and asked me to sign both the COPR forms. He took one and gave me the other. He cancelled the stamp on the passport and marked it "Cancelled without Prejudice". He asked me my address so the PR card can be mailed in about 2 months. My part took under 10 minutes and I was out by 9 am.

I was very happy this went smoothly and seeing me smile, he even gave me a hi-fi ! The gentleman who took my COPR initially also shook my hand on the way out and gave me one of those "Discover Canada" booklet. I was beaming on the way out :)

Thanks to this forum for providing me the info to complete the whole process. For people who have interesting/updated experiences, please do share them and so as to inform future readers.

Best of luck !

Reactions: Klamm and Monzur

Monzur

Star Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi all,

I can also confirm that the inland landing at Ottawa is available on the 4th Tuesday in addition to the 2nd Tuesday, without an appointment, though you need a legitimate reason for doing so and you are asked to explain. I completed my landing on the 25th of July 2017 (Tuesday) at the IRCC Office on 200 Catherine Street. I am going to share my experience:

I showed up at 8:10 am with my passport (having the stamp), existing permits, the 2 copies of COPR, proof of address (driving license) and photos. The whole place had a relaxed atmosphere. A gentleman at the door took my COPR and asked me to wait. There were 2 couples ahead of me who were doing their PR landing as well. After about 40 minutes, it was my turn and the officer behind the counter asked me to show my documents and then proceeded to check his system to see everything was valid and upto date including the medicals. We had a pleasant conversation while this was ongoing. I got the feeling that he was willing to help you complete the process at a later date if something went wrong on your part. (One couple before me couldn't complete their landing because they waited too long to do it and their medicals expired. They were told to just redo the medicals and come back when ready). He then asked me the 3 questions:

1) "Have you been refused entry to Canada?"
2) "Do you have any dependents?"
3) "Do you have any criminal conviction?"

After I said no to all the 3 questions, he congratulated me on becoming a PR and asked me to sign both the COPR forms. He took one and gave me the other. He cancelled the stamp on the passport and marked it "Cancelled without Prejudice". He asked me my address so the PR card can be mailed in about 2 months. My part took under 10 minutes and I was out by 9 am.

I was very happy this went smoothly and seeing me smile, he even gave me a hi-fi ! The gentleman who took my COPR initially also shook my hand on the way out and gave me one of those "Discover Canada" booklet. I was beaming on the way out :)

Thanks to this forum for providing me the info to complete the whole process. For people who have interesting/updated experiences, please do share them and so as to inform future readers.

Best of luck !
Thanks for sharing. Really helpful! However, can you explain further on "legitimate reason" part? What kind of reasons they consider as legitimate reason?

jshree

Jul 26, 2017
Thanks for sharing. Really helpful! However, can you explain further on "legitimate reason" part? What kind of reasons they consider as legitimate reason?
It was just my personal opinion that there has to be a good reason (work requirements, college tuition reduction before deadline, travel plans, etc). I am not sure if there is a rule written somewhere on the CIC website or how they plan to check if the reason is true or not. I overheard the entry guy questioning one lady who came in later if she had an email showing the appointment for Ottawa, so I guess they may have a discretionary power to allow people in. My guess is that since relatively few people know about the walk-in appointment on 2nd and 4th Tuesdays, they haven't formalized anything. But that may change if way too many people show up and they get overwhelmed (its actually a small center, with enough seating for about 25 people and 4 counters handling them.)

Good luck with the application !