+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE-PNP Advice needed!!! Please!

skye09992

Jun 1, 2023
Hello friend, this is Skye. I got the nominated in New Brunswick 3 weeks ago and I have some concerns about my application. I am wondering if you could give me some advice. I received the ITA on June, 8 through EE-PNP.

I had one year working experience outside Canada (Title A) so I am qualified for FSW. I started to work in Canada last year in May with Title B but didn't graduate until last September.
My PNP officer counted my internship as the in-Canada working experience, which means I have already had one year working experience in my primary Title B. But in my EE profile, the in-Canada experience (Title B) won't hit one year until end of August.

I understand that I only have 60 days to submit my application. So the wise thing to do is to decline the ITA. My main concern is that if I decline the ITA, is my pnp score still valid in my EE profile for the next draw?

The pnp officer thinks I will be fine if I just apply now since I am already qualified for FSW but he is not 100% sure about it. I submitted a webform in IRCC website but haven't got anything back yet.

Please let me know what you think. I really appreciate it!

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello friend, this is Skye. I got the nominated in New Brunswick 3 weeks ago and I have some concerns about my application. I am wondering if you could give me some advice. I received the ITA on June, 8 through EE-PNP.

I had one year working experience outside Canada (Title A) so I am qualified for FSW. I started to work in Canada last year in May with Title B but didn't graduate until last September.
My PNP officer counted my internship as the in-Canada working experience, which means I have already had one year working experience in my primary Title B. But in my EE profile, the in-Canada experience (Title B) won't hit one year until end of August.

I understand that I only have 60 days to submit my application. So the wise thing to do is to decline the ITA. My main concern is that if I decline the ITA, is my pnp score still valid in my EE profile for the next draw?

The pnp officer thinks I will be fine if I just apply now since I am already qualified for FSW but he is not 100% sure about it. I submitted a webform in IRCC website but haven't got anything back yet.

Please let me know what you think. I really appreciate it!
If you decline ITA , you will enter pool again but not sure about 600 points will remain there or not . I would say that you should apply for PNP express entry instead of other because it’s pretty fast in PNP express entry.

skye09992

Jun 1, 2023
If you decline ITA , you will enter pool again but not sure about 600 points will remain there or not . I would say that you should apply for PNP express entry instead of other because it’s pretty fast in PNP express entry.
Thank you so much for your advice! I am thinking about applying. Hope IRCC officer won't reject me for less than 1 year experience under primary NOC. (Have to use it as primary since it matches with my PNP nomination)

skye09992

Jun 1, 2023
I am thinking about declining it in early Aug. and probably receive a new ITA at that month. Then submit my application in September. Hope my PNP score will stay in my EE profile.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I am thinking about declining it in early Aug. and probably receive a new ITA at that month. Then submit my application in September. Hope my PNP score will stay in my EE profile.
So if your PNP considered you CO- OP work experience, then it should count towards Express entry PNP too .

Can I count student work experience toward the Express Entry work requirement?
It depends on where you were working and studying.
To be eligible for Express Entry, you must meet the minimum requirements for 1 or more Express Entry programs. This includes the work experience requirement.
Using student work experience for minimum requirements
Federal Skilled Worker Program
Student work experience gained while you were studying in Canada or abroad counts towards the minimum requirements for the Federal Skilled Worker Program if the work:
This includes co-op terms and apprenticeships.
Canadian Experience Class and Federal Skilled Trades Program
Student work experience doesn’t count towards the minimum requirements for the Canadian Experience Class or Federal Skilled Trades Program.
How student work experience affects your profile ranking
Canadian work experience gained while you were a full-time student doesn’tcount towards the score used to rank your profile.
The work experience gained as a full-time student outside Canada counts towards the score used to rank your profile.

skye09992

Jun 1, 2023
So if your PNP considered you CO- OP work experience, then it should count towards Express entry PNP too .

Can I count student work experience toward the Express Entry work requirement?
It depends on where you were working and studying.
To be eligible for Express Entry, you must meet the minimum requirements for 1 or more Express Entry programs. This includes the work experience requirement.
Using student work experience for minimum requirements
Federal Skilled Worker Program
Student work experience gained while you were studying in Canada or abroad counts towards the minimum requirements for the Federal Skilled Worker Program if the work:
This includes co-op terms and apprenticeships.
Canadian Experience Class and Federal Skilled Trades Program
Student work experience doesn’t count towards the minimum requirements for the Canadian Experience Class or Federal Skilled Trades Program.
How student work experience affects your profile ranking
Canadian work experience gained while you were a full-time student doesn’tcount towards the score used to rank your profile.
The work experience gained as a full-time student outside Canada counts towards the score used to rank your profile.
Thank you Miss bee! The NB officer called me and said it is a pretty tricky circumstance. And they won't be able to help explaining to IRCC. I thought the safest way is to wait.