+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE - PCC from India - PSK issued PCC no longer acceptable?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
:-X

Guys.

There is an update to in CIC website about getting PCC for Indian applicants. Looks like from now on, only applicants from Delhi are allowed to get PCC from PSK - Passport Seva Kendra. Could anyone please advise?

Here's the link.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp

sairamchaganti

Aug 27, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:

Guys.

There is an update to in CIC website about getting PCC for Indian applicants. Looks like from now on, only applicants from Delhi are allowed to get PCC from PSK - Passport Seva Kendra. Could anyone please advise?

Here's the link.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp

I'm sorry but it doesn't quote anywhere that only Delhi PSK - PCC are accepted.

For as in my city there is a PSK and only that offers PCC no local police here accept any application to provide a PCC externally.

And also as far as my application is concerned I also have a police clearance stamp on my passport with date and directed to CANADA

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sairamchaganti said:
I'm sorry but it doesn't quote anywhere that only Delhi PSK - PCC are accepted.

For as in my city there is a PSK and only that offers PCC no local police here accept any application to provide a PCC externally.

And also as far as my application is concerned I also have a police clearance stamp on my passport with date and directed to CANADA
Did you go though that link. This is a recent change. Previously, it said - People from other states can apply through PSK. Now it says people from other states apply at your local police station and Delhi applicants can apply though PSK.

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did not read this before, i just registered on PSK site, went for appointment got a PCC letter printed for CANADA and also got my PP stamped with date and signature. It will go in my passport scan.

I believe thats good enough

preeti.msingh109

Jul 18, 2014
This update was made even before a month. I had got my PSK PCC too but again applied to District Police for PCC after receiving ITA. Dont take chances and get PCC from district police if u have days pending for ITA submission.

PS: I am submitting both my PCCs now (PSK PCC because i have a stamp on the passport)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
preeti.msingh109 said:
This update was made even before a month. I had got my PSK PCC too but again applied to District Police for PCC after receiving ITA. Dont take chances and get PCC from district police if u have days pending for ITA submission.

PS: I am submitting both my PCCs now (PSK PCC because i have a stamp on the passport)
How long did it take to get it from commissioner's office? I know PSK PCC can be obtained very quickly. Also, what are the documents required?

preeti.msingh109

Jul 18, 2014
rajkamalmohanram said:
How long did it take to get it from commissioner's office? I know PSK PCC can be obtained very quickly. Also, what are the documents required?
I got it within 15 days !! Documents were Passport, NOC from society, Aadhar Card, DD of approx Rs. 250-300. U can add other address proofs as well.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
preeti.msingh109 said:
I got it within 15 days !! Documents were Passport, NOC from society, Aadhar Card, DD of approx Rs. 250-300. U can add other address proofs as well.
I am a native of another city in another state but currently live and work in Pune. My passport is from my native city. How do I go about this? All my address proof has my home address in my native city. Here, I don't have any other address proof other than my bank statement and my home lease agreement. I don't have aadhar card either. My passport also has my home address of my native city. What do I do now?

autumnsummer71

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2015
Doc's Request.
08-05-2015 RCMP; 29-05-2015 Schedule A
AOR Received.
27-03-2015
Med's Done....
27-03-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015 at CIC Calgary
For all non-Delhi, non-Punjab candidates the website merely says You "can" apply at the Police station. It is not a "must". Big difference. All PCC issued by PSK are genuine and goes thru the correct formalities ending in a stamp in your passport and also country for which it was issued. So no need to panic.

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
autumnsummer71 said:
For all non-Delhi, non-Punjab candidates the website merely says You "can" apply at the Police station. It is not a "must". Big difference. All PCC issued by PSK are genuine and goes thru the correct formalities ending in a stamp in your passport and also country for which it was issued. So no need to panic.
Well, going at what you have suggested, they should have also included the word "also".
You "can" alsoapply at the Police station.
Why do you think CIC has written differently for people of Delhi and others when they know that PSK is available everywhere?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Jkal said:
Well, going at what you have suggested, they should have also included the word "also".
You "can" alsoapply at the Police station.
Why do you think CIC has written differently for people of Delhi and others when they know that PSK is available everywhere?
That's my question, precisely. :(

preeti.msingh109

Jul 18, 2014
rajkamalmohanram said:
I am a native of another city in another state but currently live and work in Pune. My passport is from my native city. How do I go about this? All my address proof has my home address in my native city. Here, I don't have any other address proof other than my bank statement and my home lease agreement. I don't have aadhar card either. My passport also has my home address of my native city. What do I do now?
Ask somebody from the local police station. They will have an answer!!

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Earlier they used to accept PCC from PSK.

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
ttrajan said:
Earlier they used accept PCC from PSK.
You are right. But they have changed the requirements on their portal and no one knows whether it (PCC from PSK) will be accepted or not.

ume_can

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Does the process of applying for PCC from local District Police Station include?
1. Police verification at the current address of residence,
2. followed by a visit to local District Police Station for verification by the Commissioner of Police.

PCC from PSK also has to go through the above steps(if address on passport is different).

Does a Letter of Explanation work in this case?
LOE stating that PCC from PSK is given only after ‘clear’ police verification report is sent to Regional Passport Office by local District Police Station / Commissioner’s office.

Thanks!