+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE NON-ACCOMPANY SPOUSE

next444

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Hello everyone, I hope I didn’t get this wrong. Please help!

I’m the applicant and my boyfriend is NON-ACCOMPANY spouse. I just submitted everything yesterday and got AOR. Now there was a form IMM4509 for common-law declaration, I had ONLY submitted that form but nothing else because he’s NON-ACCOMPANY.

Now today I’m told that even he’s not applying I’d still have to submit all the evidence of proof of relationship. Is this true??? It doesn’t make sense to me but I’m really worried...

Much appreciated in advance!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello everyone, I hope I didn’t get this wrong. Please help!

I’m the applicant and my boyfriend is NON-ACCOMPANY spouse. I just submitted everything yesterday and got AOR. Now there was a form IMM4509 for common-law declaration, I had ONLY submitted that form but nothing else because he’s NON-ACCOMPANY.

Now today I’m told that even he’s not applying I’d still have to submit all the evidence of proof of relationship. Is this true??? It doesn’t make sense to me but I’m really worried...
You have a common-law spouse (meaning, you live together), but he is not accompanying? Are you outside of Canada?

YES, you have to provide proof of common-law status even if he is not accompanying, the same way a married spouse still has to provide a marriage certificate even if their spouse is not accompanying. Your CLP will also have to provide PCCs and get the medical exam conducted.

In´most cases, it just makes more sense to include your spouse as accompanying, (unless they are already a Canadian citizen or PR, which is a completely different situation, and you need to indicate that).

Reactions: next444

next444

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
You have a common-law spouse (meaning, you live together), but he is not accompanying? Are you outside of Canada?

YES, you have to provide proof of common-law status even if he is not accompanying, the same way a married spouse still has to provide a marriage certificate even if their spouse is not accompanying. Your CLP will also have to provide PCCs and get the medical exam conducted.

In´most cases, it just makes more sense to include your spouse as accompanying, (unless they are already a Canadian citizen or PR, which is a completely different situation, and you need to indicate that).

We’re both in Canada. I wouldn't have been invited to apply if I had him to accompany at this time so I declared him as non-accompany spouse. For proof of evidence can I use web-from to upload after AOR or I need to withdraw my file???

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vegreville-Ottawa-Sydney-Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
We’re both in Canada. I wouldn't have been invited to apply if I had him to accompany at this time so I declared him as non-accompany spouse. For proof of evidence can I use web-from to upload after AOR or I need to withdraw my file???
upload after AOR.. why would you withdraw your application