+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE inquiry from a TFW (temporary foreign worker)

Mltan

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hi guys, i am currently working out of a work permit, since Oct 2014. My inquiry is with regards to the new EE program. I was initially planning to apply for CEC after 1 year of Canadian work experience via CEC. Now that EE has been launched, can i apply for EE now (without having to wait for 1 year canadian experience) via FSW program instead since I already have a valid work permit (counted a job offer), is this faster or the right thing to do? Or should i still wait for 1 year canadian experience before proceeding? would appreciate inputs/feedbacks. thank you!

susana

Nov 4, 2008
To be considered as a FSW you need a min of 7 in each category on the IELTS and 1 year of continuos work experience in a skill job position, in Canada OR your country of origen.

You have to first find out if you are elegible to submit a profile in the CIC website.

Mltan

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
hello, thanks for your response. yes i have met IELTS scores and have been in the same job for the past 4-5 years. Are there any specific jobs? I'm currently working under NOC 2171 (consultants, etc).

my concern now is my current work permit is LMIA/LMO exempt since its an intra company transfer. my fear is the company might not want to go thru the "hassle" of LMIA application for this, but was supportive on my initial plan of CEC since most of the actions would be coming from me except for some documents they would have to furnish for the application, which is less tedious than doing a LMIA.

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Mltan said:
hello, thanks for your response. yes i have met IELTS scores and have been in the same job for the past 4-5 years. Are there any specific jobs? I'm currently working under NOC 2171 (consultants, etc).

my concern now is my current work permit is LMIA/LMO exempt since its an intra company transfer. my fear is the company might not want to go thru the "hassle" of LMIA application for this, but was supportive on my initial plan of CEC since most of the actions would be coming from me except for some documents they would have to furnish for the application, which is less tedious than doing a LMIA.
There is no specific occupations. You can create your profile under EE but you won't get 600 points for job offer.