+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE FSW work experience in the same job?

MapleMoose

Jul 8, 2016
Hi everyone, in Federal Skilled Workers, I saw that the work experience must be minimum 1 year full time "in the same job".

Does this mean, even if we work 11 months 3 times, we are not eligible to appyle for EE? This sounds quite stupid, anything can happen with any job that would require you to stop working.

I am planning to come as a masters student and hopefully stay in to work and get PR but such details are killing me, popping out of nowhere making things close to impossible.

Did I understand the requirement correctly? Unless you have a 1 year job at the same place without any interruption, does it not matter your total experience?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MapleMoose said:
Hi everyone, in Federal Skilled Workers, I saw that the work experience must be minimum 1 year full time "in the same job".

Does this mean, even if we work 11 months 3 times, we are not eligible to appyle for EE? This sounds quite stupid, anything can happen with any job that would require you to stop working.

I am planning to come as a masters student and hopefully stay in to work and get PR but such details are killing me, popping out of nowhere making things close to impossible.

Did I understand the requirement correctly? Unless you have a 1 year job at the same place without any interruption, does it not matter your total experience?
Where did you see that work experience must be in the same job ?

CIC says that 1 year of work experience must be "continuous". So if you finish 1 job and immediately start the next job, that's fine. But if there is a gap between periods of employment, that will be a problem.

MapleMoose

Jul 8, 2016
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

here there is a requirement which says 'in the same job'.

Did I misunderstand it?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
MapleMoose said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

here there is a requirement which says 'in the same job'.

Did I misunderstand it?
Your confusion is understandable. Here it means the same occupation (same NOC code...). To be eligible under the FSW program, the employment has to be "continuous" - vaguely meaning a "short break" is permitted between jobs if you change employers, but recently someone was refused when that "short break" was one month, so one month is apparently too long.

If you come to Canada and gain work experience in Canada, the good news is that the "continuous" employment requirement does not apply to Canadian experience.

MapleMoose

Jul 8, 2016
jes_ON said:
Your confusion is understandable. Here it means the same occupation (same NOC code...). To be eligible under the FSW program, the employment has to be "continuous" - vaguely meaning a "short break" is permitted between jobs if you change employers, but recently someone was refused when that "short break" was one month, so one month is apparently too long.

If you come to Canada and gain work experience in Canada, the good news is that the "continuous" employment requirement does not apply to Canadian experience.

Thank you for the clarification, it looked nonsense anyways but you never know!!

So as far as I know, the continuity requirement was removed for Canada experience like you said, so the total experience should be calculated. Yet is this not the case for foreign experience?

ca_hopeful

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
jes_ON said:

Hi,

I have foreign work experience under 2 different NOC. When asked for years of work experience should I put both or one?

maxpayne940

Oct 9, 2017
Hey All ,

I am stuck in a situation and need some help. I have more than a years experience in one organization but the experience is around 1 year old . Post a 9 month gap i joined another organization. Is it okay if i use my first company with more than a years experience as my primary NOC and use my current company as the secondary NOC ?

Are there are any issues if the primary NOC is more than a year old ?

All suggestions are welcome .

Thanks & Regards,
Max