+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE FSW+PNP in progress, working outside province?

RedTree

Jul 18, 2020
Hi,

I based my EE application on work experience during my education and I got a provincial nomination (no job offer needed) from BC. My application is not related to any job offer.
As I have recently submitted an application package for PR, are there any limitations (before I get it granted or after it's granted) that can prevent me from working in a different province but still officially residing within BC? Do I have to spend a certain # of days in a year in BC, before and after PR? Six months? Similarly, what would be the rules if the job was in USA but I am still a resident of BC? I can also work in USA if I spend six months in BC? And that would still be good enough for PNP nomination based PR?

Thanks

Last edited:

Yqing237

Jun 12, 2019
Hi,

I based my EE application on work experience during my education and I got a provincial nomination (no job offer needed) from BC. My application is not related to any job offer.
As I have recently submitted an application package for PR, are there any limitations (before I get it granted or after it's granted) that can prevent me from working in a different province but still officially residing within BC? Do I have to spend a certain # of days in a year in BC, before and after PR? Six months? Similarly, what would be the rules if the job was in USA but I am still a resident of BC? I can also work in USA if I spend six months in BC? And that would still be good enough for PNP nomination based PR?

Thanks
Think if u got PR already you can go wherever you want.

RedTree

Jul 18, 2020
Think if u got PR already you can go wherever you want.
Not if you are a provincial nominee. There's no law but they might say I never intended to settle in BC.
Haven't got PR yet, just applied for it, and I have to continue to demonstrate my BC residence and intent to economically settle in BC - or something like that.

Yqing237

Jun 12, 2019
Not if you are a provincial nominee. There's no law but they might say I never intended to settle in BC.
Haven't got PR yet, just applied for it, and I have to continue to demonstrate my BC residence and intent to economically settle in BC - or something like that.
Well before I got BCPNP I explicitly talked to my lawyer about this. BCPNP doesn’t have this requirement, you only have to demonstrate your intention to reside in BC when you apply, it’s up to you where you wanna go afterwards.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Well before I got BCPNP I explicitly talked to my lawyer about this. BCPNP doesn’t have this requirement, you only have to demonstrate your intention to reside in BC when you apply, it’s up to you where you wanna go afterwards.
No solid lawyer would tell you this. You have to settle in the province that nominated you. There's no instant repercussions if you don't but there will definitely be later.