+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Eligiblity on Job change

kvn

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Hey guys,

Need some advise here. Currently on my 12th month before I'm eligible for the 1 year work experience.

I've been offered a job and they are ready to give me a sweet bump in income only if I joined by second last week of march which is 9 business days before I complete one year. (Tried convincing for next month but they can't do that).

Assuming I take the job, what are the possible impact with regards to :

1) EE Eligibility: With no break in between jobs, will I still be eligible for CEC while I work the remaining 9 days in the new company?

2) Paperwork: Does this mean I need to get an employment reference letter from both the companies?

3) Anything else that I need to be aware of?

Thanks,
Kvn

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
kvn said:
Hey guys,

Need some advise here. Currently on my 12th month before I'm eligible for the 1 year work experience.

I've been offered a job and they are ready to give me a sweet bump in income only if I joined by second last week of march which is 9 business days before I complete one year. (Tried convincing for next month but they can't do that).

1) EE Eligibility: With no break in between jobs, will I still be eligible for CEC while I work the remaining 9 days in the new company?
A: With your condition of not a single day's gap between jobs, the NOC remains unchanged, and is also full-time paid job like the previous one, there's No impact, provided you can get the required reference letter for that job's NOC for these 9 days to complete your 52 weeks of full-time (1560 hrs) employment.

2) Paperwork: Does this mean I need to get an employment reference letter from both the companies? A: Read above.

3) Anything else that I need to be aware of? A: Not on this front.

Thanks,
Kvn

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
kvn said:
Hey guys,

2) Paperwork: Does this mean I need to get an employment reference letter from both the companies?

3) Anything else that I need to be aware of?

Thanks,
Kvn
1. Not a problem
2. Yes you need to provide letter from both companies
3. Don't forget to submit paystubs

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
riasat.abir said:
3. Don't forget to submit paystubs
Pay-stubs aren't a mandatory requirement, unless especially asked for.