+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Documents: Family Member Proof of Status

NessaEJ

Jul 13, 2019
Thank you so much for your help. Your guidance is so helpful

There is one more question, to prove my relationship with my sister, I have our Birth certificates with our parents' names (father and mother) also I have the family booklet in which with my father as the head of the family and my mother as the wife, then the children of course including me and my sister ( Canadian) this prooves our relation, and the relation between our parents too. In the instructions, I noticed the following:

- Any other documents that prove or describe the relationship between you and your brother or sister this includes supporting documents to prove the common-law relationship between your two parents.

What do they mean by this?
birth certificate should be fine - As long as a document is official and translated officially if not in English it’s ok.
Your parents are in both birth certificates so you shouldn’t have an issue there.

Reactions: Ramor02

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
birth certificate should be fine - As long as a document is official and translated officially if not in English it’s ok.
Your parents are in both birth certificates so you shouldn’t have an issue there.
Hi Nessa,
Thank you for all your help.
I needed to make sure about the photo specifications. I am applying online for PR because I got the invitation, online shows that for Temporary residents and Express Entry, the final frame should be 33mmX45mm, were for PR and PR card, 50mmX70mmit. I am applying for PR through EE, the photographer said it should be the big one 50mmX70mm. I just wanted to make sure if it is different than the one for WP or should it be the same?

jackparker17

Jul 16, 2019
Hi....,

I have a sibling living in Canada and she is Citizen of Canada.

I've her Birth Certificate to prove my Relation.
I've her Driving License of her for Address Proof.
I've her PR/ Citizenship document for her status.

Can you please tell me if that will work or I do require any additional documents?

Jack

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Hi....,

Can you please tell me if that will work or I do require any additional documents?

Jack
You have to provide both your and her birth certificate (Parents' details are important) Driving license and or a Bank statement or her T4 for current address, her passport, and her Citizenship document make sure to send the last one on both sides front and back.
Good Luck!!!

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
You have to provide both your and her birth certificate (Parents' details are important) Driving license and or a Bank statement or her T4 for current address, her passport, and her Citizenship document make sure to send the last one on both sides front and back.
Good Luck!!!
Hi....,

Jack
Sometimes with her Citizenship document, they do not require the passport. As well with one proof of address, things will be fine but more is better than less. Just make sure to submit your and her B certificates.

Holly D

Apr 16, 2020
Hi everyone,
I got ITA under CEC. I also misunderstand about “family member proof of status” please help me out
1. I (applicant) have husband and 2 step children who are Canadian citizens and also unaccompany; so I can proof the status of them by birth certificate for 2 kids and my husband’ Canadian passport. Is that ok?
2 My husband ( unaccompany) also have to file family members in Canada which are: father, step-mother, 2 step-sisters, 2 sons, aunt, uncle. So I don’t understand why the checklist need the proof his family status for everyone when he is not applicants and they are not immediate family member. In case some of members listed above don’t wanna give thier passports or citizens card. What should I do?
please help me. Thank you so much

Zi8

Nov 9, 2022
Hello all,

I have a sibling in Canda who is a citizen and will claim points for that.

They following documents are mentioned. What do I put for Family member proof of status? I will already submit passport for proof of citizenship of my brother. What will I upload for "Family member proof of status"?

1.Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling ( will upload passport)
2.Proof of residency in Canada of sibling (utility bill)
3.Proof of sibling relationship (birth certificate of my sibling and myself)

4.Family Member Proof of Status

Yousif545

Mar 5, 2018
Hi
I can see the option of "Aunt/Uncle" in the relative dropdown.
I have my maternal uncle (my mother's brother) in Canada who is a citizen.
Does this relationship qualify as having a relative in canada?

Please advise