+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Documents: Family Member Proof of Status

Mujahed28

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hi
My brother is in Canada and has just got through the express entry. He has not received the PR card although he has the PR stamping on his passport. I have claimed points using this for my express entry profile and I have got the ITA now. Is it mandatory to submit his PR card? I only have his passport with the PR stamping and the confirmation of PR document.
I m in similar situation ,did u get ppr when u submitted copr as document or waited for pr card

hardeep89

Jan 31, 2018
can i use G1 license as proof of residency for sibling in canada? anyone who used it and successfully got PR?

Mar 30, 2019
Hi There, I am also in same situation, where In-law is in US studying phd and is also Canadian PR, In regards to showing Proof of residence, Can we show his Bank letter, Utility letter, SIN number etc including his PR card details? Please assist.

NessaEJ

Jul 13, 2019
Hello there!

I need some clarification please as I also have a sibling who's a Canadian citizen.

- Does (myname) have a relative who is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada? YES
- This person is (myname)'s: SISTER/BROTHER
- Province or territory where relative lives: ONTARIO

Then...
Please tell us about (myname)'s immediate family members that have not been identified in the application.

I've added there my other sibling (not in Canada) and my parents (not in Canada). Should I add here the sibling already mentioned in the answers above?

Thanks,

Nessa

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have a sister who is a Canadian citizen and lives in Canada, Besides the proof or Citizenship, I have to submit a proof that she currently resides in Canada. The utility bills and phone bills are in her husband's name, no mortgage or lease. So what can I submit as proof of her residency?
Will her T4 be sufficient, or paystubs, or Credit Card monthly statement?

NessaEJ

Jul 13, 2019
I attached my sibling's Credit Card statement (I didn't think of T4 at the moment and I don't recall if they suggest it as an option)

NessaEJ

Jul 13, 2019
Did they accept that, did you get your result?
Click on the question mark next to that requirement. It shows Credit Card statement amongst others. I've submitted her Credit Card statement before for other applications and never got an issue with that. Here you can have more than one document in the pdf so if you have more proofs besides that one and amongst the ones they state, you should be fine. I'm not a pro in this, i'm just replying according to my experience. Result? They haven't asked me for any extra info yet.

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
One more question, please.
In the phase of filling the profile.
In my field of study, I chose Medicine. I am a Dentist, so this is the closest option. I know that WES is acceptable for Dentistry, but it is not for Medicine, will this cause trouble, if so, so what should I do.

Thank you so much all of you for your wonderful help

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Also, my sister's name in her Canadian passport is only the first and last name with the initial letter of our father's name. Where in the Birth Certificate, it is written in full, her name, the father, grandfather, and family name. When I was asked the name of my Canadian relative, I wrote her full name as that shows what the initial stands for, and also because that matches my passport and our Birth Certificates, with full names of both of us.
Is that right?

I did not submit the profile yet to get the list of the requested documents. and I will need your guidance guys.
Thank you again

NessaEJ

Jul 13, 2019
Also, my sister's name in her Canadian passport is only the first and last name with the initial letter of our father's name. Where in the Birth Certificate, it is written in full, her name, the father, grandfather, and family name. When I was asked the name of my Canadian relative, I wrote her full name as that shows what the initial stands for, and also because that matches my passport and our Birth Certificates, with full names of both of us.
Is that right?

I did not submit the profile yet to get the list of the requested documents. and I will need your guidance guys.
Thank you again
Seems you got it right as everything matches, you shouldn't have a problem IMO - once again I'm no expert and I'm still waiting for a reply.

NessaEJ

Jul 13, 2019
One more question, please.
In the phase of filling the profile.
In my field of study, I chose Medicine. I am a Dentist, so this is the closest option. I know that WES is acceptable for Dentistry, but it is not for Medicine, will this cause trouble, if so, so what should I do.

Thank you so much all of you for your wonderful help
Sorry I cannot help you on this one as I'm not even aware about what WES is :(

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Seems you got it right as everything matches, you shouldn't have a problem IMO - once again I'm no expert and I'm still waiting for a reply.
Thank you so much for your help. Your guidance is so helpful

There is one more question, to prove my relationship with my sister, I have our Birth certificates with our parents' names (father and mother) also I have the family booklet in which with my father as the head of the family and my mother as the wife, then the children of course including me and my sister ( Canadian) this prooves our relation, and the relation between our parents too. In the instructions, I noticed the following:

- Any other documents that prove or describe the relationship between you and your brother or sister this includes supporting documents to prove the common-law relationship between your two parents.

What do they mean by this?

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Sorry I cannot help you on this one as I'm not even aware about what WES is :(
WES is World Education Services to assess educational credentials, it is accepted for Dentistry but not for Medicine. About this, just to benefit others in case they need it. If you are a Dentist, choose Science, Health in the field of study, not Medicine otherwise it will conflict.