+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE CEC - Divorce after landing - Urgent!

Visitor89

Star Member
Dec 16, 2016
Hello there,

I have posted threads a couple of times seeking help to get my wife to Canada who happened to be a Brazilian citizen, Everything went normal. I as a principal applicant applied for PR and we both got it in 4 months. Somehow it took us 10 months to stay away and once she came back and landed with me she has been rude and provoking me to fight. She even said things like iam Mentally not ok and changed her house and lives with her friend.

All of this is so heart braking that i have no option but to part ways, i dont know if she did all of this for PR but i can never get an answer to that. My intention was always real and now that i have to seek divorce which she says that she will sign.

I wish to know does that mean ill have problem keeping my PR, would she lose her?

Do i need to report this to CIC?

Does this EE spousal application where she didn't give me any points also means that i might have to support her for 3 years?

I believe she wants to file Divorce and leave Canada, after 11 more months we will be separated for 1 year and we part ways. Please advise if this affects me? i worked so hard to achieve all of this and i didnt know my marriage will break down and she clearly doesn't even want to try.

Thank you! :(

Visitor89

Star Member
Dec 16, 2016
thank u. Do u know if there is a condition about me trying to sponsor someone else now. is there a gap tht i have to wait for.