+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE-BCPNP lost my job

James_bk_fun

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
Only you know whether this is realistic, but if you think there are grounds for you to fight being laid off, I would go down that route. It might work depending on the sort of organisation it is.

Or go for the softer approach of appealing to your bosses kind side.

You’ll have to be the judge of the situation.

Feel for you though, that’s a harsh situation. Best of luck!

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
But I mean if a company was willing to sponsor me
If a company got a positive LMIA for you, and then you got a work permit, you'd have to go through the PNP whole process again. Or else get more points for CEC.

There's no real shortcut.

Liamhefu2

Jun 22, 2018
That sucks I have been waiting since November since I got pnp and Feb for pr..guess my best chance is to try salvage my current job

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
That sucks I have been waiting since November since I got pnp and Feb for pr..guess my best chance is to try salvage my current job
Correct. Do everything you can (within the legal confines of course) to stay on with your current employer.

Liamhefu2

Jun 22, 2018
Correct. Do everything you can (within the legal confines of course) to stay on with your current employer.
Good news. My boss contacted me and said I can continue working! Very relieved.

On my Express entry it says 7th Aug which will be six months from time of submission of my Pr.

I have seen a few people saying they have been waiting well over the 6 months wait period.

Do you have any advice that I can speed up my application? I seen some people saying they contacted their local mp or requested notes on their application

I'd like to try get my pr finally in case my boss has a sudden change of heart again and I'll be left in the dark again

Reactions: Qwertypod

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Good news. My boss contacted me and said I can continue working! Very relieved.

On my Express entry it says 7th Aug which will be six months from time of submission of my Pr.

I have seen a few people saying they have been waiting well over the 6 months wait period.

Do you have any advice that I can speed up my application? I seen some people saying they contacted their local mp or requested notes on their application

I'd like to try get my pr finally in case my boss has a sudden change of heart again and I'll be left in the dark again
That's good news.

You can try applying for GCMS notes. Since you're in Canada, you can do it yourself.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893/