+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Application rejected-help needed

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
MyEE application rejected with following comments in the letter:
- Education Credentials: XXXX(spouse)
o A completed Education Credential Assessment (ECA) issued for immigration purposes was not included with your electronic application. This document is required based on the education details you provided in your Express Entry profile. Please consult our website in order to determine the required document. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate- canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed.html
It’s strange that I uploaded WES ECA issues for immigration purposes alongwith copies of educational certificates.
The only problem I see is ECA says “three years diploma” and there’s no such option when I created profile so I selected “two or more certificates”.
I had PNP nomination. What’s now?
My PNP gone?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
o A completed Education Credential Assessment (ECA) issued for immigration purposes was not included with your electronic application. This document is required based on the education details you provided in your Express Entry profile. Please consult our website in order to determine the required document. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate- canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed.html
It’s strange that I uploaded WES ECA issues for immigration purposes alongwith copies of educational certificates.
The only problem I see is ECA says “three years diploma” and there’s no such option when I created profile so I selected “two or more certificates”.
My PNP gone?
What did your ECA results say? Did you have two separate degrees / diplomas or just the one three year diploma?

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
My PNP gone?
This has to be an oversight. You should email them if you are sure you uploaded it, they might reopen your application. I don't think this is about what's on the ECA but the fact that they didn't see it. Try to raise a webform to resolve this.

Reactions: Princes2020

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
What did your ECA results say? Did you have two separate degrees / diplomas or just the one three year diploma?
Thanks Scylla.
It’s two degrees after high school. One is of 2 years followed by another on for one year. Total 15 years Education. ECA says three years diploma and I am not sure what I need to select when I creat EE profile again.

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
I
This has to be an oversight. You should email them if you are sure you uploaded it, they might reopen your application. I don't think this is about what's on the ECA but the fact that they didn't see it. Try to raise a webform to resolve this.
i don’t think reopening is an option, never heard about it but will check. The rejection letter also says there maybe other reasons as well but only mentioned this issue specifically. Maybe GCM notes wd help understand.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
If WES assessed it as one 3-year diploma, you can not claim points for two or more certificates. Besides, going by your own words, it seems like you did a two-year program followed by a one-year program. Usually, one of your diplomas or degrees should have had a duration of 3 years or more. So, even if WES assesses it as two programs with neither of them being 3 years or longer, you can't claim points for two or more certificates. They must have recalculated your CRS score due to this and your recalculated score must have been below the cut-off for that round.

Edit: Based on your WES evaluation, you should have picked Bachelor's degree (three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute).

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
If WES assessed it as one 3-year diploma, you can not claim points for two or more certificates. Besides, going by your own words, it seems like you did a two-year program followed by a one-year program. Usually, one of your diplomas or degrees should have had a duration of 3 years or more. So, even if WES assesses it as two programs with neither of them being 3 years or longer, you can't claim points for two or more certificates. They must have recalculated your CRS score due to this and your recalculated score must have been below the cut-off for that round.

Edit: Based on your WES evaluation, you should have picked Bachelor's degree (three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute).
Bachelor degree has more points than 2 certificates I think?