+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE application rejected 07/01/2016

pmathew

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am also in the same situation.
My wife applied for a PCC in Chennai, dated 13th October 2015 and traveled to Canada on Oct 19th 2015
We applied for PR with the same PCC and the current address for my spouse is a Canada address.
So after reading this post, i was worried and hence i have again applied for a PCC here in Canada.
Once i get the PCC i will submit a CSE

louis112

Dec 9, 2013
PCC/ AOR Question

Hi,

I read a thread earlier which has me slightly concerned: I applied for my PCC (from the UK in November) whilst living in Canada. In January my Canadian visa expired so I returned home to England, and two days later got my AOR. Do i need a new PCC (from the UK - which is my country of birth) now?

Thanks in advance.

PS. I will be returning to Canada on a visitor visa mid-Feb (if this makes any difference)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pmathew said:
My wife applied for a PCC in Chennai, dated 13th October 2015 and traveled to Canada on Oct 19th 2015
We applied for PR with the same PCC and the current address for my spouse is a Canada address.
So after reading this post, i was worried and hence i have again applied for a PCC here in Canada.
6 days stay after getting the PCC shouldn't be a problem. No harm in submitting another PCC.

pmathew

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Asivad for your reply.
I have already applied for PCC here in Canada and so i ll submit it as soon as i get it to be on the safer side.
But on the other side, i dont know how long it will take to get the new PCC. So in the meantime should i write an explanation letter with the proof that i have applied for a new PCC?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pmathew said:
Thanks Asivad for your reply.
I have already applied for PCC here in Canada and so i ll submit it as soon as i get it to be on the safer side.
But on the other side, i dont know how long it will take to get the new PCC. So in the meantime should i write an explanation letter with the proof that i have applied for a new PCC?
No harm in sending that as well - anything to avoid a needless premature refusal.

INR2CAD07

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pmathew said:
I am also in your position, I obtained India PCC when I was in India for vacation and received PCC on 18th November. After 12days , on 30th November came back to CANADA. Hence stayed 12 days in India after receiving the PCC. Please advise if I need to obtain PCC again here in CANADA.

pmathew

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi INR2CAD07
Based on the guy who started this thread, his application was rejected for the same reason even though he was the secondary applicant.
Even i am worried as its the same in my case. So i have applied for a new PCC for my wife.
So to be on the safer side you can also apply for a new PCC and upload it later on, hopefully if our application doesn't get rejected by that time or else you upload an explanation letter stating that you have applied for a new PCC which is what i am going to do

INR2CAD07

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pmathew said:
Hi INR2CAD07
Based on the guy who started this thread, his application was rejected for the same reason even though he was the secondary applicant.
Even i am worried as its the same in my case. So i have applied for a new PCC for my wife.
So to be on the safer side you can also apply for a new PCC and upload it later on, hopefully if our application doesn't get rejected by that time or else you upload an explanation letter stating that you have applied for a new PCC which is what i am going to do
Thanks , hope it is different from case to case... I will also apply again...

temzmama

May 21, 2015
There are a lot of concerns about PCC. But my own interpretation based on what is on CIC website is that you don't need PCC to cover your visits to countries you once lived for more than 6 months

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18. (For example, if you lived in a country for eight months but left on a two-week vacation, that counts as living there for eight months.)

For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
temzmama said:
There are a lot of concerns about PCC. But my own interpretation based on what is on CIC website is that you don't need PCC to cover your visits to countries you once lived for more than 6 months

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18. (For example, if you lived in a country for eight months but left on a two-week vacation, that counts as living there for eight months.)

For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.
I too concur with your thoughts & understanding...but then there are questions & confusions because some people on this forum said their Application (therefore PCC) were rejected just because they left that country a few days after the PCC issue date or made a flying visit to the country (in which they once lived earlier) later (but before application) for personal work/vacation/business because may be either that country is their place of birth or part of their day to day business or a great holiday destination.

It's these nagging questions that now need some answers based on facts.

perfectSkilledMigrant

Sep 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
Hello everyone,

I think and hope that my post will clear the concerns of many although I am still not out of the "danger zone" and could still get rejected, but I believe everything is fine for me for now (except for the static status and no updates), so here goes.....

I am a Lebanese national who has been living and working in Kuwait since 31st Dec 2010.. (date of the last time I was in Lebanon for 6+ months, aka LIVING in Lebanon).... since then I would visit Lebanon every 5-6 months for 2-3 weeks on vacation.

Last time I visited Lebanon was in September 2015, during which I obtained a Lebanese PCC, which was dated something around 28th September 2015 which I had translated and notarized on the second day, and on 1st October I returned to Kuwait.

When I got my ITA on 23rd October, I prepared my papers and submitted an application on November 15th which got an AOR the day after.

My application did not include a Kuwaiti PCC as it needs a letter from the Canadian embassy and which CIC states on their website that they will request if my application is OTHERWISE COMPLETE, and indeed on November 19th, CIC requested the Kuwaiti PCC from me. To me that means they had accepted the Lebanese one and when I had uploaded it, I attached an LOE stating that I obtained it during the last visit to Lebanon and that I declare that I am ready to obtain a new updated one if needed. I also added the same LOE and same Lebanese PCC again to the file including the Kuwaiti PCC once again declaring my will to obtain a new updated one.

In sum, I believe that the fact that CIC asked for the Kuwaiti PCC means that all previous provided documents were accepted but I have never heard from them again since December 3rd since I provided that last document so I cannot be 100% sure I am out of the danger zone yet. Regardless, I believe they should not reject for such a reason, rather ask for it as an additional document especially that I attached LOEs about it.

Regards,

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
perfectSkilledMigrant said:
Hello everyone,

I think and hope that my post will clear the concerns of many although I am still not out of the "danger zone" and could still get rejected, but I believe everything is fine for me for now (except for the static status and no updates), so here goes.....

I am a Lebanese national who has been living and working in Kuwait since 31st Dec 2010.. (date of the last time I was in Lebanon for 6+ months, aka LIVING in Lebanon).... since then I would visit Lebanon every 5-6 months for 2-3 weeks on vacation.

Last time I visited Lebanon was in September 2015, during which I obtained a Lebanese PCC, which was dated something around 28th September 2015 which I had translated and notarized on the second day, and on 1st October I returned to Kuwait.

When I got my ITA on 23rd October, I prepared my papers and submitted an application on November 15th which got an AOR the day after.

My application did not include a Kuwaiti PCC as it needs a letter from the Canadian embassy and which CIC states on their website that they will request if my application is OTHERWISE COMPLETE, and indeed on November 19th, CIC requested the Kuwaiti PCC from me. To me that means they had accepted the Lebanese one and when I had uploaded it, I attached an LOE stating that I obtained it during the last visit to Lebanon and that I declare that I am ready to obtain a new updated one if needed. I also added the same LOE and same Lebanese PCC again to the file including the Kuwaiti PCC once again declaring my will to obtain a new updated one.

In sum, I believe that the fact that CIC asked for the Kuwaiti PCC means that all previous provided documents were accepted but I have never heard from them again since December 3rd since I provided that last document so I cannot be 100% sure I am out of the danger zone yet. Regardless, I believe they should not reject for such a reason, rather ask for it as an additional document especially that I attached LOEs about it.

Regards,
Excellent! case in point...Keep us posted in future please.

All the very best to you for your PR.

INR2CAD07

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well it dependents on the person who interpreting our application against CIC rules... the rejected applications are based on the interpretation of the statement " last lived in that country "

Some of them are treating "living " means staying 6+ months in a row, some of them interpreting " short travel " also as "living in that country "...
"
For example, if applicant is visiting to India for vacation of 2 weeks ( before ITA ), and if he obtain PCC while he was in India ( feeling it is easy to get PCC from India ) for vacation and stayed 1 - 10 days more after issuing the PCC and flew back to CANADA. In such case how we interpret "last lived in that country " ... did the applicant should apply new PCC after reaching CANADA.... ? or since he did not stay there continuously for 6+ months , is it fine to go with that PCC ? its all looks like myth....

pmathew

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are right!
It is different case by case and depends on the officer looking at out file.