+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE application rejected 07/01/2016

krishvasireddy

May 15, 2015
Hi All,

I am worried after seeing this post as my case is quite similar .

I used to work in Singapore (resigned and relocated to a different country now) but I was (working from home) staying in India for 15 days each in last two months before I submitted by documents for my ITA in Dec . I have Singapore PCC dated November and India PCC dated October . I haven't mentioned any travel between Singapore and India as travel between current country of residence and country of origin are not needed to be recorded as per some posts here in this forum . The correspondence address given in my profile was Indian address. I am now worried if VO could reject my profile due to same reason as specified in this forum after seeing immigration stamps in my passport .

Can I apply for PCC-PSK which I can get in a day and submit that with LOE via CSE.
Am I highlighting a flaw in my profile ?

Experts please suggest what I can do
Thanks
Krishna

thatguy56

Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
Med's Done....
21-09-2015
krishvasireddy said:
Hi All,

I used to work in Singapore (resigned and relocated to a different country now) but I was (working from home) staying in India for 15 days each in last two months before I submitted by documents for my ITA in Dec . I have Singapore PCC dated November and India PCC dated October . I haven't mentioned any travel between Singapore and India as travel between current country of residence and country of origin are not needed to be recorded as per some posts here in this forum . The correspondence address given in my profile was Indian address. I am now worried if VO could reject my profile due to same reason as specified in this forum after seeing immigration stamps in my passport .

Can I apply for PCC-PSK which I can get in a day and submit that with LOE via CSE.

Thanks
Krishna
Did you travel to Singapore after receiving the Police Certificate in November and before submitting your application in December?

krishvasireddy

May 15, 2015
thatguy56 said:
Did you travel to Singapore after receiving the Police Certificate in November and before submitting your application in December?
Hi,

Yes I travelled to Singapore before submitting profile and after getting Singapore PCC. I am Long term resident
there residing since 2014 .When I get chance I travel to India and work from home.

Thanks
Krishna

thatguy56

Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
Med's Done....
21-09-2015
Well you should get a new PCC from Singapore as soon as possible and upload it with a CSE.

krishvasireddy

May 15, 2015
thatguy56 said:
Well you should get a new PCC from Singapore as soon as possible and upload it with a CSE.
Hi,

I have applied for Singapore Pcc which will take a week but I am curios to know the logic. I am living in Singapore since 2014 and Singapore is my country of residence. I travelled to India before I submitted my profile and after getting Indian Pcc. I was under impression that Indian Pcc could cause the issue .

Thanks
Krishna

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krishvasireddy said:
Hi All,

Thanks
Krishna
If you submitted your profile from India (and mentioned an Indian address in the EE application) with a PCC dated October, not a problem. PCC from country of current residence are valid for 6 months from date of issue.

If you submitted a PCC from Singapore dated in November and you haven't shown any travel to Singapore in Travel history and/or Personal history sections since obtaining that PCC, not a problem. You were not required to submit anything beyond the bio-data pages of your valid passport so it was an overkill submitting the pages containing stamps. Unlikely to cause any problems though. If you've applied for a fresh Singapore PCC, submit it along with an LOE via CSE.

Assuming that you identified India as the country of residence and provided an Indian address in your application.

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
If you submitted your profile from India (and mentioned an Indian address in the EE application) with a PCC dated October, not a problem. PCC from country of current residence are valid for 6 months from date of issue.

If you submitted a PCC from Singapore dated in November and you haven't shown any travel to Singapore in Travel history and/or Personal history sections since obtaining that PCC, not a problem. You were not required to submit anything beyond the bio-data pages of your valid passport so it was an overkill submitting the pages containing stamps. Unlikely to cause any problems though. If you've applied for a fresh Singapore PCC, submit it along with an LOE via CSE.

Assuming that you identified India as the country of residence and provided an Indian address in your application.
His residence is in Singapore (PCC dated November is valid, no question about that). The complication here are his visits to India (country of citizenship) which have taken place after his Indian PCC was issued and have not been reported to CIC. At the same time his correspondence address is Indian, which could indeed raise a suspicion. My advice to you krishvasireddy is to acquire a new Indian PCC from passport authorities and submit that one as a priority via CSE, and additionally a Singapore PCC since you have already requested a new one.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Asivad Anac said:

Dear Asivad,
Sorry to butt in but...help me get this straight...as i too may encounter such situation in near future and also i head one forum member got rejected because he traveled to Canada (on visitor visa) to be with his wife in Canada to apply for eAPR along with her from Canada and mentioned Canada as address in his Form (although his country of residence was India.

FACTS
Country of Origin : INDIA
Country of Residence : SINGAPORE
PCC obtained from both countries before ITA (<6 months old for country of residence from date of eAPR but maybe older for country of Origin)
Only Bio page of current valid passport submitted

Scenario I
Applying from Country of Residence (SINGAPORE)
I travel between INDIA and SINGAPORE a few times (all < 6 months of stay in INDIA) before Applying for eAPR from SINGAPORE
What should be my address (of correspondence) in this Application for it ?

Scenario II
Applying from Country of Origin (INDIA)
I travel between SINGAPORE and INDIA a few times (all < 6 months of stay in INDIA)before application and Applying for eAPR from INDIA
What should be my address (of correspondence) in this Application?

What should one provide as address in the eAPR Application FORM for one to be accepted (w.r.t. PCC and Travel History mentioned)

Hope I could make myself clear... :'(
Thanks in advance for your clarification.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaWeCome said:
Dear Asivad,
Sorry to butt in but...help me get this straight...as i too may encounter such situation in near future and also i head one forum member got rejected because he traveled to Canada (on visitor visa) to be with his wife in Canada to apply for eAPR along with her from Canada and mentioned Canada as address in his Form (although his country of residence was India.

FACTS
Country of Origin : INDIA
Country of Residence : SINGAPORE
PCC obtained from both countries before ITA (<6 months old for country of residence from date of eAPR but maybe older for country of Origin)
Only Bio page of current valid passport submitted

Scenario I
Applying from Country of Residence (SINGAPORE)
I travel between INDIA and SINGAPORE a few times (all < 6 months of stay in INDIA) before Applying for eAPR from SINGAPORE
What should be my address (of correspondence) in this Application for it ?

Scenario II
Applying from Country of Origin (INDIA)
I travel between SINGAPORE and INDIA a few times (all < 6 months of stay in INDIA)before application and Applying for eAPR from INDIA
What should be my address (of correspondence) in this Application?

What should one provide as address in the eAPR Application FORM for one to be accepted (w.r.t. PCC and Travel History mentioned)

Hope I could make myself clear... :'(
Thanks in advance for your clarification.
Let's simplify this.

1. Be truthful. If you're applying from India/Singapore, mention the address accordingly. Mention your geographical location at that point in time.

2. Point 1 determines validity of PCC. For the country of current residence (where you're applying from), PCC within last 6 months is valid.

3. For any other country other than country of current residence (where you're applying from), PCC valid indefinitely until you go back to live in that country.

4. Point 3 is the problem. CIC is not clear on what ' go back to live in that country' means. Does it mean 1 day or 6 months in a row? Err on the side of caution and assume it means 1 day.

5. If you're applying from India on 11th Jan and have an Indian PCC dated after 11th July, no problem. If you've a Singapore PCC dated from anytime AFTER your last stay in that country (1 or 2 days might not matter much), no problem.

Hope that clarifies.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Asivad Anac said:
Let's simplify this.

1. Be truthful. If you're applying from India/Singapore, mention the address accordingly. Mention your geographical location at that point in time.

2. Point 1 determines validity of PCC. For the country of current residence (where you're applying from), PCC within last 6 months is valid.

3. For any other country other than country of current residence (where you're applying from), PCC valid indefinitely until you go back to live in that country.

4. Point 3 is the problem. CIC is not clear on what ' go back to live in that country' means. Does it mean 1 day or 6 months in a row? Err on the side of caution and assume it means 1 day.

5. If you're applying from India on 11th Jan and have an Indian PCC dated after 11th July, no problem. If you've a Singapore PCC dated from anytime AFTER your last stay in that country (1 or 2 days might not matter much), no problem.

Hope that clarifies.
Dear @Asivad
While its a given and no denying from the fact that "Being Honest is the best policy." but here many may be struggling with what is the correct (or ideal) way of depicting ones Travel History w.r.t. PCCs (as obtained from these two countries) and their current address (of correspondence)?

Having said that i believe it won't be misrepresentation if i file an eAPR sitting in Dubai (or anywhere in the world) and mention my current address (of correspondence) as one of the countries (of residence and origin). It is a different matter that to be truthful i might add an LoE mentioning that i am currently filling this Form from Dubai.

What my concern is (like another fellow forum member) CIC should not reject my application just because i mentioned my address of correspondence as X (instead of Y) that violates any of the PCC (country of current and past residence) norms.
(where X and Y are either country of residence or origin)

In other words what should be the correct (current) address give the particular PCC issue dates (as obtained from the two countries)?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaWeCome said:
In other words what should be the correct (current) address give the particular PCC issue dates (as obtained from the two countries)?
Go with Singapore as current address. You have a less than 6 months old PCC from there. The PCC for India is older than 6 months so that won't be acceptable if you chose India as current residence. Where this could get complicated is if you've traveled to India after obtaining that PCC. In that case, CIC may well expect a fresh Indian PCC.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Asivad Anac said:
Go with Singapore as current address. You have a less than 6 months old PCC from there. The PCC for India is older than 6 months so that won't be acceptable if you chose India as current residence. Where this could get complicated is if you've traveled to India after obtaining that PCC. In that case, CIC may well expect a fresh Indian PCC.
Precisely...and thanks @Asivad for answering that. +1 to you..

Now my only question is "Will CIC expect (and we have to submit) a fresh new PCC from India even if i travel there for 2~10 days max (say) due to some urgent personal work (may happen to anybody) even though and also because it is my country of origin/birth?"

This concern gets compounded due to the fact that getting a PCC for a country X staying in country Y (from embassy there) is tedious and time-consuming and moreover i may never be sure which travel of mine there would be the last one (before filing eAPR) so i can plan to arrange the PCC well in advance (with the 60 day sword already hanging once ITA is received).

OR

Will writing an LoE with the Form (assuming travel reason is valid e.g medical reasons or other such.. and very short & sweet) explaining all this with valid reasons help and CIC may accept the existing PCC (of country of origin as such) and forgo the request for additional recent fresh new PCC?

Hope you understand my concern here... :(

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaWeCome said:
Precisely...and thanks @Asivad for answering that. +1 to you..

Now my only question is "Will CIC expect (and we have to submit) a fresh new PCC from India even if i travel there for 2~10 days max (say) due to some urgent personal work (may happen to anybody) even though and also because it is my country of origin/birth?"

This concern gets compounded due to the fact that getting a PCC for a country X staying in country Y (from embassy there) is tedious and time-consuming and moreover i may never be sure which travel of mine there would be the last one (before filing eAPR) so i can plan to arrange the PCC well in advance (with the 60 day sword already hanging once ITA is received).

OR

Will writing an LoE with the Form (assuming travel reason is valid e.g medical reasons or other such.. and very short & sweet) explaining all this with valid reasons help and CIC may accept the existing PCC (of country of origin as such) and forgo the request for additional recent fresh new PCC?

Hope you understand my concern here... :(
Brings us back to that old debate again...

Initially I presumed that PCC is valid indefinitely until you go back and live in that country for 6 months or more in a row. Recent forum messages have confused this further with 1 member stating that they were refused because they went on a short trip to that country after getting PCC and before submitting their post ITA application. The confusion persists. Except for that 1 member (can't recollect their username but it was reported in late Dec/early Jan) no one else has had this run-in with CIC so I'm still not sure if CIC expects a fresh PCC after a short trip or not. The jury is out on this one so far.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Asivad Anac said:
Brings us back to that old debate again...

Initially I presumed that PCC is valid indefinitely until you go back and live in that country for 6 months or more in a row. Recent forum messages have confused this further with 1 member stating that they were refused because they went on a short trip to that country after getting PCC and before submitting their post ITA application. The confusion persists. Except for that 1 member (can't recollect their username but it was reported in late Dec/early Jan) no one else has had this run-in with CIC so I'm still not sure if CIC expects a fresh PCC after a short trip or not. The jury is out on this one so far.
Fair enough...

If that is so...Logically speaking CIC is ethically and morally not right in demanding such stringent conditions...especially given the current PCC rules they have laid.

So i guess shall cross the bridge when it comes...till then be agog and hopefully get some more data/info from this forum on this.

Thanks again...