+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE application - Primary occupation (NOC)

DimaK

Feb 17, 2015
Hi guys,

My last 2 jobs, where I had been working for last 5 years, are NOC 2133 (Electrical and Electronics Engineer).
I got my B.Sc. diploma at Oct. 2013.
As you understand, I worked as engineer when I still was studying. Intel Israel gives such opportunity for students.

When I fill my applications, there are two questions:
1) Primary occupation (NOC code)?
2) When you first became qualified to practice in this occupation?

If I select NOC 2133 (Electrical and Electronics Engineer), they will count only 1.5 years as my experience?

Thanks for your help!

Globaldesi

Feb 16, 2015
DimaK said:
Hi guys,

My last 2 jobs, where I had been working for last 5 years, are NOC 2133 (Electrical and Electronics Engineer).
As you understand, I worked as engineer when I still was studying. Intel Israel gives such opportunity for students.

If I select NOC 2133 (Electrical and Electronics Engineer), they will count only 1.5 years as my experience?

Thanks for your help!
I may be wrong here and these are my personal views not verified officially: Why not put the date when you started practicing electrical engineering, irrespective of when you did your BSc. I am assuming after your high school (12th grade), that should add more years to your experience.

I hope you will have supporting documents to submit at the time of processing and it was a full time job and not internship.

DimaK

Feb 17, 2015
I afraid that they count point only for an experience after you finished studies for that profession.
If it's so, I will get points for my 5 years experience and CIC will reject my application when they will check my documents.
It's a little bit confusing and I afraid of rejection.

Anyone else knows anything?

bdbd

Feb 15, 2015
Hi, I have exactly the same issue, I've started working before the degree... Someone advised me to write down all the jobs I've worked anyway...

DimaK

Feb 17, 2015
Yeah, I'm writing down all the relevant jobs, but the question is what should be my primary ocupation?

I have also P.E. in electronics since 2004. So I don't know what to choose.

And, how does CIC know what NOC at each my job?

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's my issue too. As a potential solution I am thinking to quote my primary occupation not as an engineer (which requires an engineering degree) but under a code with lower degree requirements. For your case for example, NOC 2241 might work. I don't know if this is actually going to be acceptable but just an idea.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Just so everybody here knows, you should send in the application with the same information as in the express entry form. Any change after getting ITA, which reduce your points, might result in disqualification/misrepresentation and might get you banned from Canada. Also, if your NOC in the EE form is ABC for an experience, then it has to be ABC in the application as well.

When you entered the work experience info in the express entry form, you get an option to choose whether the experience was obtained while you were a full time student. If you had rightly chosen this option, then this work experience would not have given you any point. So, make sure that's what you have. If you didn't get points for this, then no problem. If you did then it might be best to decline the invitation, edit the entry and enter the pool again.

Primary NOC doesn't really matter since there is no qualifying NOC list in express entry. But, as I have said before, what does matter is CONSISTENCY with your EE form.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
DimaK said:
Hi guys,

Thanks for your help!
I am confused. Do you already have an ITA, or is your question related to filling out the express entry form? If it is about the EE form, then like I said in my previous post, you will have an option to choose if the work experience was obtained during a full-time study. If you choose "YES" to this question then you will not be awarded any point for this experience and you will not have a problem later on after getting ITA.

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
namaste said:
Just so everybody here knows, you should send in the application with the same information as in the express entry form. Any change after getting ITA, which reduce your points, might result in disqualification/misrepresentation and might get you banned from Canada. Also, if your NOC in the EE form is ABC for an experience, then it has to be ABC in the application as well.

When you entered the work experience info in the express entry form, you get an option to choose whether the experience was obtained while you were a full time student. If you had rightly chosen this option, then this work experience would not have given you any point. So, make sure that's what you have. If you didn't get points for this, then no problem. If you did then it might be best to decline the invitation, edit the entry and enter the pool again.

Primary NOC doesn't really matter since there is no qualifying NOC list in express entry. But, as I have said before, what does matter is CONSISTENCY with your EE form.
Isn't the question about the job experience having been obtained with full time studies only for Canadian job experience? As far as I know the foreign job experience can be part-time during full time studies and points are also rewarded for it (?).

DimaK

Feb 17, 2015
namaste said:
I am confused. Do you already have an ITA, or is your question related to filling out the express entry form? If it is about the EE form, then like I said in my previous post, you will have an option to choose if the work experience was obtained during a full-time study. If you choose "YES" to this question then you will not be awarded any point for this experience and you will not have a problem later on after getting ITA.
No, I didn't get an ITA. Right now, I'm filling my EE form. What I afraid, that CIC will decline my application after getting ITA.
I will do what MySky said, I will use NOC 2241, it will ensure me max experience, since I got my diploma in 2004.

vinay.bush

Dec 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Hello all,

I have a question in express entry - Primary Occupation. I am currently working in Canada and also have an experience as an Engineer in India while studying.
Now, my question is what to put in the primary occupation column. Current working NOC details or the Engineer one from Back home.
How does the express entry profile differentiate CEC and FSW class? Is it from what I give in the primary occupation. I already received ITA and under CEC Class even though I have 3 years of exp back home.
How do I justify now to CIC that I could work while studying last semester in my bachelors as it was only a project semester.
Very Very confused and worried now. Please help me ASAP guys.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check this thread if it helps. I was in the same situation.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/urgent-plz-help-can-i-claim-this-work-experience-t467915.0.html

vinay.bush

Dec 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Hi,

I think we are on the same boat.
I got my bachelors certificate NOV 2010 but employer hired when I was in the last semester itself.
I also have a Canadian exp now. So, Primary occupation will be Canadian or Foreign one?
I am confused? What did you do with your case?