Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Thank you Raj for your guidance. I counting on OINP. God knows, when they will re-open the window.

Escobar Gaviria

Oct 10, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
April 17th, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-06-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Okay, I am not aware of the nuances of processing speeds of SINP but on a high level, they take anywhere from 2 - 4 (sometimes more) months from date of application to issue nomination. I am not sure why October applicants are getting nominated quickly - You might want to post the question on the relevant SINP thread and seek an explanation.
Can you guys shed some light on SINP, please?
As far as I know, only PEI PNP is the easiest to apply, not sure if its easy to get. All other PNPs require either job offer or a connection to that state/ province.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
I have applied for PEI PNP but their 2016 intake is closed, hopefully they'll consider my EOI for 2017 nominations.
I don't have a job offer, I don't have a connection to anyother province other than Alberta.
Can you guys help/ recommend me any other PNP?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Escobar Gaviria said:
Can you guys shed some light on SINP, please?
As far as I know, only PEI PNP is the easiest to apply, not sure if its easy to get. All other PNPs require either job offer or a connection to that state/ province.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
I have applied for PEI PNP but their 2016 intake is closed, hopefully they'll consider my EOI for 2017 nominations.
I don't have a job offer, I don't have a connection to anyother province other than Alberta.
Can you guys help/ recommend me any other PNP?
Ontario, Saskatchewan, Nova Scotia, PEI don't require job offers. Check this -->

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/summary-of-eligibility-requirements-for-all-express-entry-pnp-streams-t432937.0.html;msg5295212#msg5295212

ahmedhere

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
This was posted in good conscience and NOT to demotivate anybody. Wish everyone good luck and all the very best!
Yeah I agree, 470 seems to be the baseline and if it goes lower it will be only a few points, no more...

That's why I'm hoping for this new changes to come in place as fast as possible, I will take 30 points from the Canadian education experience, and so my score will be 483...kinda hopeful, right?

Nov 17, 2016
Hi Folks,

First off, I wanted to say that I think this is a great community for those within the global community who are looking to relocate to Canada. The show of support and understanding for members of a diversity of backgrounds and cultures is absolutely consistent with Canadian values. I wish you all luck in your applications.

Now - the reason that I'm posting is that my fiancee is currently in the EE stream and has been for the past year and a half with no progress. I'm curious how we think the cutoff figures will be influenced by the recent changes to EE. My fiancee is Ukrainian and moved to Canada after high-school to do her post-secondary studies here. Unfortunately she had some bad guidance and ended up at a college and not a university, but she nonetheless completed her education here. With an IELTS score of 8 overall, she gets most of the points from that category, and having worked for the 2.5 years (thus far) of her post-graduate work permit, she ends up with a score of 441 under the old system, and 459 under the new system. Any sense of whether or not this will materially change her chances?

Are there any suggestions for other ways to improve this? She can eke out 3 more points if she gets a perfect IELTS, but everything else seems dependent on experience, education, or a spouse. As none of those are factors she can influence at the moment (aside from time perhaps), are there other options? Given that the PGWP cannot be extended, the other question is whether or not there is a simple work visa for someone who has lived in Canada for the better part of the past 5 years and has clearly established her young life here?

For context, I've tried to get her a role in the professional services firm that I work at, but it is challenging given that there is a strong bias against college graduates (more's the pity).

Appreciate any comments. :)

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
friendtoukrainians said:
Hi Folks,

First off, I wanted to say that I think this is a great community for those within the global community who are looking to relocate to Canada. The show of support and understanding for members of a diversity of backgrounds and cultures is absolutely consistent with Canadian values. I wish you all luck in your applications.

Now - the reason that I'm posting is that my fiancee is currently in the EE stream and has been for the past year and a half with no progress. I'm curious how we think the cutoff figures will be influenced by the recent changes to EE. My fiancee is Ukrainian and moved to Canada after high-school to do her post-secondary studies here. Unfortunately she had some bad guidance and ended up at a college and not a university, but she nonetheless completed her education here. With an IELTS score of 8 overall, she gets most of the points from that category, and having worked for the 2.5 years (thus far) of her post-graduate work permit, she ends up with a score of 441 under the old system, and 459 under the new system. Any sense of whether or not this will materially change her chances?

Are there any suggestions for other ways to improve this? She can eke out 3 more points if she gets a perfect IELTS, but everything else seems dependent on experience, education, or a spouse. As none of those are factors she can influence at the moment (aside from time perhaps), are there other options? Given that the PGWP cannot be extended, the other question is whether or not there is a simple work visa for someone who has lived in Canada for the better part of the past 5 years and has clearly established her young life here?

For context, I've tried to get her a role in the professional services firm that I work at, but it is challenging given that there is a strong bias against college graduates (more's the pity).

Appreciate any comments. :)
Try going the PNP way?

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
holbond said:
the validity of 90 days will be applicable to yesterday's draw or only draws after November 19th ?
validity of 90 days -- what's that?

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
holbond said:
the validity of 90 days will be applicable to yesterday's draw or only draws after November 19th ?
After the next draw. All those who recd ITA before 19th will be processed in accordance with old Ministerial Instructions.

skantzidis

Aug 8, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DiNaV said:
validity of 90 days -- what's that?
I believe holbond is referring to the amount of time that you would have to complete and submit your application if you were to receive an ITA. Those candidates that received ITA prior to the 19th will have only 60 days to submit. Those receiving ITA after 19th will have 90 days to submit.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
skantzidis said:
I believe holbond is referring to the amount of time that you would have to complete and submit your application if you were to receive an ITA. Those candidates that received ITA prior to the 19th will have only 60 days to submit. Those receiving ITA after 19th will have 90 days to submit.
Oh wow. I didnt know this. Thanks :)!

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
bestofluck said:
But the thing is no one utilize even the 60 full days. making it 90 will add on nothing.
It will for people like me...who might have to wait for the PCC from FBI :(. That takes a lot of time!

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
DiNaV said:
It will for people like me...who might have to wait for the PCC from FBI :(. That takes a lot of time!
Everyone knows now you just have to put a proof of applied thing and you can submit.