+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Applicants with score 400 to 450 let's connect here

mhbin

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
It will only affect applicants who have not applied to the program prior to the announcement.
I am slightly confused.
By "program" you mean what exactly? Express Entry or OINP? Because as I stated above, there is no such thing applying for the OINP, they invite you.

So I can not apply to the "program" OINP, before the announcement anyway.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
mhbin said:
I am slightly confused.
By "program" you mean what exactly? Express Entry or OINP? Because as I stated above, there is no such thing applying for the OINP, they invite you.

So I can not apply to the "program" OINP, before the announcement anyway.
Incorrect understanding. You have to "apply" to "OINP" (I referred to OINP as "program") to be eligible to receive a nomination. OINP sends you a PT NOI (Provincial/Territorial Notification of Interest). Once you get that, you have to submit a complete application package to OINP. Your application will be processed by an officer and if they are satisfied, you will receive a nomination. Its not like they see your profile in the EE pool and send you the nomination in the very beginning. Doesn't work that way :) .

Get yourself acquainted with the process. Check the below link -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/oinp-ee-human-capital-priorities-stream-comprehensive-guide-t396543.0.html;msg4952833#msg4952833

mhbin

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Yea I know this process already. (Thanks for the link btw, it is very informative) But to be able to apply, they must have sent you a PT first. And for awhile, Ontario stopped sending PTs. When they start sending it again, the bar can be 450 points, therefore I might not receive one.

Am I missing something here?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
mhbin said:
Yea I know this process already. (Thanks for the link btw, it is very informative) But to be able to apply, they must have sent you a PT first. And for awhile, Ontario stopped sending PTs. When they start sending it again, the bar can be 450 points, therefore I might not receive one.

Am I missing something here?
Yes. That understanding is correct. It was not clear to me earlier. See, when they resume sending PT NOIs again (probably in November), they might change the eligibility criteria. So, if you do not meet that criteria, you will not be eligible to receive a PT NOI and consequently, you cannot apply to OINP.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
mhbin said:
That, my friend, was harsh, but true :)
I hope you get to apply to OINP. However, God forbid, if you are not eligible to apply to OINP, you can always opt for such programs offered by other provinces.

Check the below post --->

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/summary-of-eligibility-requirements-for-all-express-entry-pnp-streams-t432937.0.html;msg5295212#msg5295212

Wish you good luck and all the very best!

ahmedhere

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Incorrect understanding. You have to "apply" to "OINP" (I referred to OINP as "program") to be eligible to receive a nomination. OINP sends you a PT NOI (Provincial/Territorial Notification of Interest). Once you get that, you have to submit a complete application package to OINP. Your application will be processed by an officer and if they are satisfied, you will receive a nomination. Its not like they see your profile in the EE pool and send you the nomination in the very beginning. Doesn't work that way :) .

Get yourself acquainted with the process. Check the below link -
I have a couple of questions please...

1-So to be considered for their PT you just need an EE profile right? and then you wait till they send you a PT, then you apply, is that correct?

2-Well, what if my work experience is not in the past 5 years? I am a PHD student, and has one year of work experience from my home country before starting my studies here, so it is 6 years ago..does that make me ineligible? can my work as an RA during my studies here fulfill that work experience requirement?

Thank you

aiskee

Sep 11, 2016
Hi,

I have 419 score in CRS based on the free online assessment. What would be the next step to proceed my application.

Thanks

pratikt9

Jan 20, 2016
aiskee said:
Hi,

I have 419 score in CRS based on the free online assessment. What would be the next step to proceed my application.

Thanks
Create an Express Entry Profile. but before than that, please make sure you meet all the requirement of Canada Immigration Like, you have 67 Points to qualify for Express Entry. Just Cross check, fill the form on EE and they will revert you back with points and further instructions.

manvir.singh.parmar

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pratikt9 said:
Create an Express Entry Profile. but before than that, please make sure you meet all the requirement of Canada Immigration Like, you have 67 Points to qualify for Express Entry. Just Cross check, fill the form on EE and they will revert you back with points and further instructions.
I have seen some of the last posts here, they are saying that CRS score for OINP may rise to 450.

What do other member think of this?

Thanks

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
manvir.singh.parmar said:
I have seen some of the last posts here, they are saying that CRS score for OINP may rise to 450.

What do other member think of this?

Thanks
There should be more than 7000 people above 450 in the EE pool now. OINP EE quota is only around 2700. So CRS cuttoff may be raised and other additional criteria may be added.

(7000 people above 450 is my assumption since cuttoffs have remained above 480 for the past 6 months)

manvir.singh.parmar

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajithj said:
There should be more than 7000 people above 450 in the EE pool now. OINP EE quota is only around 2700. So CRS cuttoff may be raised and other additional criteria may be added.

(7000 people above 450 is my assumption since cuttoffs have remained above 480 for the past 6 months)
Thanks, i think that if the cutoff does not drop to 470-475 in next few draws, then it may happen that ONIP will raise the CRS score to 450.

However, it may happen that instead of raising the score to 450, they may do it up to 430 or 435.

what do you think??

pratikt9

Jan 20, 2016
There are multiple factors to be considered here.

1) As of now the OINP points are 400 Minimum, there are no announcement or news of the same that they are going to change that.
2) CRS points are getting down, while maintaining stand around 460 - 480 in past couple of months. increasing OINP points to the same level, sub-value their needs.
3) OINP is not the only state offering the PNP, if the points are high and occupations are in demand, there are plenty others offer the perks with lower waiting time, they can't afford to be in this state of situation.
4) It's September, 3 months to go to end 2016, while targets of IRCC is far from achieving, I am sure that new draws will see significant drop in the points as the can't afford low level of migration specially when their citizens are aging.

Yet, we can not say anything for sure, Lets hope for the best. I am in favor of thinking that Points will be reduced than increased in effect of overall; CRS points decreasing.

Regards

Pratik