Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Well, I have done my spouse`s diploma evaluation, that gave me 10 points more ;D However, while waiting for it my Bday came and took 5 points away :mad: All in all, I am at 441 now... and that can`t be changed unless I go for PhD, learn french and pass the exam successfully or divorce :D :D :D Let`s say none of that is gonna happen in the foreseeable future :p so waiting patiently and wishing you all good luck!

Bablaa

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2015
ioorabh said:
I guess then the next one will be above 460 now :mad:..
Not going 450 this year it seems.
I don't think that there is any method of possible guess work on the draws. All I can say for sure is that the size of the pool is increasing fast and the competition is getting tougher by the day.

Amy2Canada

Star Member
Jun 14, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, that's true. Competition is increasing. The more time it is going to take to drop the score low, the greater would be the candidates entering the pool.

On 27-Mar cut off was at 453, next low was on 18-Jul(451) and the last cut off as on 18-Sep stands at 450.

Nobody can guess when the next low would be hit.

I believe that the only way the CRS score to come down is to increase the number of invites. Also, put certain restrictions on candidates rejecting the ITA or entering the pool again and getting invite the next round itself. Looking at the mid year report some candidates did not accept the invite(around 5-10%). CIC should make certain improvements to avoid the situation. This can make some difference and get the CRS score low.

Bablaa

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2015
Amy2Canada said:
Yes, that's true. Competition is increasing. The more time it is going to take to drop the score low, the greater would be the candidates entering the pool.

On 27-Mar cut off was at 453, next low was on 18-Jul(451) and the last cut off as on 18-Sep stands at 450.

Nobody can guess when the next low would be hit.

I believe that the only way the CRS score to come down is to increase the number of invites. Also, put certain restrictions on candidates rejecting the ITA or entering the pool again and getting invite the next round itself. Looking at the mid year report some candidates did not accept the invite(around 5-10%). CIC should make certain improvements to avoid the situation. This can make some difference and get the CRS score low.
There is still no official announcement on the 17th draw (CRS 450) of EE. Could you pl share the link where you got this info ?

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Bablaa said:
There is still no official announcement on the 17th draw (CRS 450) of EE. Could you pl share the link where you got this info ?
http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/new-record-low-crs-requirement-in-seventeenth-express-entry-draw-for-canadian-immigration-18-09-15.html

Livi

May 5, 2015
had 448 and turned 30 last month and lost 5 points. now 443.
i think they will go 350 before december so people dont worry just prepare

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Ishneetd said:
My frustration over Express Entry Canada - It seems to be the most unfair system of all times and a great irony too!!! The country needs us - Skilled workers as immigrants to keep their economy growing. While it is making candidates so crazy.

False hopes - I considered myself to be a good candidate for Canadian immigration! BUT I don't know what do I fall short of!!!

A brief look at my profile -

I am an engineering graduate with honours and a PGDM from a very reputable B_school in the country, earning a good salary with an MNC. I have a good command over english too (Though IELTS Score was 7.5 while I was expecting 8, without studying more than 2 hours just to understand the exam format). My husband too was my classmate in college and has done his PGDM in Operations and Finance (He is exceptionally talented with numbers). Again, a good command over English (IELTS Score 7 - He didn't even open a book to study for the exam). We also have savings of INR 20 Lakhs to show as Proof of funds/Stock investments of 10 lakhs/Joint accounts with parents ~ 70-80 lakhs/ Real estate running into more than 20 crores

We both have over 4 years of experience and are 27 years of age. Moreover, my company is more than willing to give me a job in Toronto office if I get through to the country (Within the next 6-7 months), however, wont get into LMIA *censored word*!

I also have my aunt's daughter, who is more than praying for me to stay with her in Toronto.

So, considering all these factors, we could have easily settled in Canada with practically fewer issues of running out of money or having no help to get us settled, etc.

The idiotic EE System -
1. ECA - They didn't consider my PGDM equivalent to their post grad. However, the college is far better in academics than most Indian universities - requires good CAT score to get into, Gives good campus placements - Is reputable with the corporates in India
2. They say it is fast - It is EXPRESS ENTRY you see. The candidate who would have applied on January 1, 2015 with a good score of 400. Please go and ask him/her, how fast it is, and how frustrated he would be by now. It is 10 months for him without any hope!
At least, with the previous system, you could apply your file, sit back and relax, knowing that you have done your bit, and immigration officers will do theirs. BUT what about EE 2015. Like me, everyone here, would be spending at least 1 hour daily on forums to see any update - What else can be done, etc. I am sure any SKILLED WORKER in a developing country will not have this privilege to spend so much of time on this WAIT & WATCH scenario.
Reading through forums that score will come down to 400 by November 2015, 380 by January 2016, etc. is so difficult, that only we applicants know!

Conclusion is - EE 2015 is quick for those in Canada, with LMIA. Else it is way longer than FSW 2014 - Because if you apply for PNP, it takes time for hat too! If you silently wait at 380/400 the time taken to get an ITA is also counted towards the immigration process. Please do not exclude this while saying that EE is fast!!!
I think you should calm down ??? ::)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ishneetd said:
My frustration over Express Entry Canada - It seems to be the most unfair system of all times and a great irony too!!! The country needs us - Skilled workers as immigrants to keep their economy growing. While it is making candidates so crazy.

False hopes - I considered myself to be a good candidate for Canadian immigration! BUT I don't know what do I fall short of!!!

I am an engineering graduate with honours and a PGDM from a very reputable B_school in the country, earning a good salary with an MNC. I have a good command over english too (Though IELTS Score was 7.5 while I was expecting 8, without studying more than 2 hours just to understand the exam format). My husband too was my classmate in college and has done his PGDM in Operations and Finance (He is exceptionally talented with numbers). Again, a good command over English (IELTS Score 7 - He didn't even open a book to study for the exam). We also have savings of INR 20 Lakhs to show as Proof of funds/Stock investments of 10 lakhs/Joint accounts with parents ~ 70-80 lakhs/ Real estate running into more than 20 crores

We both have over 4 years of experience and are 27 years of age. Moreover, my company is more than willing to give me a job in Toronto office if I get through to the country (Within the next 6-7 months), however, wont get into LMIA *censored word*!

I also have my aunt's daughter, who is more than praying for me to stay with her in Toronto.

So, considering all these factors, we could have easily settled in Canada with practically fewer issues of running out of money or having no help to get us settled, etc.

The idiotic EE System -
1. ECA - They didn't consider my PGDM equivalent to their post grad. However, the college is far better in academics than most Indian universities - requires good CAT score to get into, Gives good campus placements - Is reputable with the corporates in India
2. They say it is fast - It is EXPRESS ENTRY you see. The candidate who would have applied on January 1, 2015 with a good score of 400. Please go and ask him/her, how fast it is, and how frustrated he would be by now. It is 10 months for him without any hope!
At least, with the previous system, you could apply your file, sit back and relax, knowing that you have done your bit, and immigration officers will do theirs. BUT what about EE 2015. Like me, everyone here, would be spending at least 1 hour daily on forums to see any update - What else can be done, etc. I am sure any SKILLED WORKER in a developing country will not have this privilege to spend so much of time on this WAIT & WATCH scenario.
Reading through forums that score will come down to 400 by November 2015, 380 by January 2016, etc. is so difficult, that only we applicants know!

Conclusion is - EE 2015 is quick for those in Canada, with LMIA. Else it is way longer than FSW 2014 - Because if you apply for PNP, it takes time for hat too! If you silently wait at 380/400 the time taken to get an ITA is also counted towards the immigration process. Please do not exclude this while saying that EE is fast!!!
The crux of the problem is your PGDM not being recognized as equivalent to a Canadian Masters by WES. It doesn't matter how good your college is locally because WES assesses educational credential worldwide and the result of their assessment matters more than any local goodwill generated by the University/institution in question.

If both of you were evaluated at Masters and had better IELTS scores (it isn't about the overall band alone, at least 1 section above band 9 helps in maximizing Skills Transferability scores in addition to having a Masters/2 or more degree result in your ECA and more than 3 years of foreign work experience, the last of which you already have), your CRS would be north of 450 and you wouldn't be feeling so bitter about EE.

Try writing to WES about your ECA and if there is any chance that they can re-evaluate your Masters as at least a 1 year postgraduate course or something so that you can get higher points on Skills Transferability. Or try for one of the PN programs if you have a CRS of 400+ and don't mind trying your luck outside Toronto in the short term.

The system is designed in a certain manner to reward a certain kind of applicant - the kind that CIC believe Canada wants as an immigrant. There will always be some applicants who fall through the cracks for one reason or the other but, overall, this is a much better system than the previous system which operated on an FCFS mode and was completely binary beyond 67/100. EE is more elaborately designed and rewards certain qualities (having an LMIA job offer/PN/superior English skills/multiple degrees) disproportionately but that is completely in keeping with what Canada believes are the qualities that make a successful immigrant.

There is nothing in your profile which might indicate that you will be a bad immigrant but you're suffering at the hands of the system only because your post Bachelors education isn't considered equivalent to a Canadian masters credential.

If you have the required funds, you can always consider one of the investment category routes to immigration for Canada or the US.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/business/investors/index.asp

http://www.uscis.gov/eb-5

Yellow orchid

Sep 23, 2015
Hi,

It's stated on the CiC website that:
" you're invited to apply only if you have a valid job offer; have been nominated by a province; or are among the top ranked in the pool"

Does it means the valid job offer is mandatory in order for CIC to issue the invitation to apply?
Could anyone please help me with this?

Thank you. Xx

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yellow orchid said:
Hi,

It's stated on the CiC website that:
" you're invited to apply only if you have a valid job offer; have been nominated by a province; or are among the top ranked in the pool"

Does it means the valid job offer is mandatory in order for CIC to issue the invitation to apply?
Could anyone please help me with this?

Thank you. Xx
No.

You'll get an ITA provided you meet one of those 3 conditions. There's an 'Or' in there.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ishneetd said:

Instead of writing a whole ranting essay on this forum, you and your husband should spend time on improving your ielts score. If the system is not fair, then it's not fair for everyone, not just you and your husband. No matter how good is your college/university, it's still not a Canadian institution which doesn't follow the rules or under the inspection of Canadian standards.

And remember the most important thing is: you and your husband are not the ONLY applicants with good education and experiences, there are thousand and thousand applicants out there with better education and longer working experiences both in Canada and foreign countries. You are just not the best.

audrey888

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Livi said:
get ready because they are going below 400 this year

Well its nice to know but how can you prove that? I'm sitting at 402 and its very unlikely to have ITA this year.

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
well nobody has any proof, just guesses ;)

And I was thinking IF there are no chances for me this year, how possible it is to learn french in a short period of time till the level is good enough to get 9 extra points? Has anybody here tried?
I love learning languages and got Delf A2 (while was expecting to get A1 only) several years ago ... long enough to almost forget everything, but lets say my ability to learn is a bit higher than average. I think i just cant sit and wait, I have to do something