+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Applicants Outside Canada Please Network Here

Righteous

Jun 2, 2015
Elena101 said:
Hi guys,

This is my timeline:

27 MARCH - ITA (FSW)
16 APRIL - Application Submitted, 1st AOR, Medical Results Passed (several hours after submission)
Soon after that - ECAS access. Status: Application received, three lines (wrong dates)
26 MAY - 2nd AOR (thank you CIC)
No changes since then

My CIC:

Review of eligibility- Review in Progress
Review of medical results- Passed
A background check is needed- Not started

If my application is not being processed in Ottawa, it has probably been assigned to Warsaw
second AOR simple mean that you are close to PPR if they don't require additional documents from you. :)

keep fingers crossed.

JB007

Oct 27, 2014
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 May
Doc's Request.
24 May
AOR Received.
15 May
Med's Done....
23 Apr
Guys! This might be completely unrelated, and I might just be getting paranoid but someone from : STAS Canada Marjolaine (HR)
Transport Aviation Security at STAS Canada Ltd.
Dorval, Quebec, CanadaSecurity and Investigations
, just viewed my profile on linkedin, trying to verify my professional background? :D :p. My BG is still "not started" :)

dmurtaza

Mar 20, 2015
JB007 said:
Guys! This might be completely unrelated, and I might just be getting paranoid but someone from : STAS Canada Marjolaine (HR)
, just viewed my profile on linkedin, trying to verify my professional background? :D :p. My BG is still "not started" :)
Guys and All

Your background check status normally updated once its complete....therefore, If status shows BG check "not Started" doesn't mean check is not in progress. Timeline for each individual will be different

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JB007 said:
That sounds like a security agency (http://www.securitas.com/ca/en-ca/About-Securitas/) and this is their main site. Not sure if CIC hires agencies like these to do background checks in such a visible manner. Could also be someone looking to hire you - send them a request! ;)

JB007

Oct 27, 2014
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 May
Doc's Request.
24 May
AOR Received.
15 May
Med's Done....
23 Apr
@dmurtaza - I agree with you! :D

@Asivad anac - I reached the same conclusion as you! :) Except once i did my own little investigation, I found there can't possibly be any careers matching my profile here. And I do agree they wouldn't do BG's so visibly but then I thought why not? They can do anything they please :D. STAS happens to be the agency of choice for many government projects in Canada (revealed upon further "investigation"). Can say nothing for sure! :D. Also, recruiter profiles generally have a picture and several connections, a brief description too, this one had none! Only 32 connections, no option to connect, no picture, no description except for agency name and address ! :)

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JB007 said:
@ dmurtaza - I agree with you! :D

@ Asivad anac - I reached the same conclusion as you! :) Except once i did my own little investigation, I found there can't possibly be any careers matching my profile here. And I do agree they wouldn't do BG's so visibly but then I thought why not? They can do anything they please :D. STAS happens to be the agency of choice for many government projects in Canada (revealed upon further "investigation"). Can say nothing for sure! :D. Also, recruiter profiles generally have a picture and several connections, a brief description too, this one had none! Only 32 connections, no option to connect, no picture, no description except for agency name and address ! :)
I totally agree with you. I definitely don't think it's a recruiter but someone carrying out a security check which is part of the background check.

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just curious to know,

If an application is to get rejected, at what stage do you guys think a person would know the application is rejected?

From being around this forum, i have noticed that anyone getting three lines on ecas has to play a waiting game or submit additional docs/ atten an interview. I haven't seen any rejection cases. I am sure plenty of people are getting rejected so i am wondering when does this usually take place?

Cheers

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_172452 said:
Just curious to know,

If an application is to get rejected, at what stage do you guys think a person would know the application is rejected?

From being around this forum, i have noticed that anyone getting three lines on ecas has to play a waiting game or submit additional docs/ atten an interview. I haven't seen any rejection cases. I am sure plenty of people are getting rejected so i am wondering when does this usually take place?

Cheers
There haven't been reports of rejections of late. That was a terrible 2 week period from end April to mid May and a whole bunch of them were rejected for PCC issues if I remember correctly. Hopefully, CIC is doing the civil thing now by asking for missing/wrong documents instead of outright cancellation.

As for the observation about 3 lines on ECAS, I'm not sure if that is a very strong indicator of your profile having made it through initial assessment. Till one gets the 2nd AOR, no one knows for sure.

shirebikes

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16th April
Asivad Anac said:
Totally agree with this logic, makes a lot of sense.

But the problem here is that none of us have even got our BG verification as "Started". We can surely understand delay but this is inaction!
I dunno about that... i'm a week ahead of you in terms of aor and med, but no updated ecas...

from the uk

variazioni

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Glad to see I'm in the same boat with so many folks here. :'( No updates since medical was passed on May 5th. On June 1st, I submitted CSE to change my address and cic changed it in ecas after 4 days.

One of my FSW friend who also got ITA on 3.27 had his medical passed at the beginning of April so he literally waited for 2 months for background check. And recently cic requested some details in the reference letter clarified from him.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
variazioni said:
Glad to see I'm in the same boat with so many folks here. :'( No updates since medical was passed on May 5th. On June 1st, I submitted CSE to change my address and cic changed it in ecas after 4 days.

One of my FSW friend who also got ITA on 3.27 had his medical passed at the beginning of April so he literally waited for 2 months for background check. And recently cic requested some details in the reference letter clarified from him.
Did he apply from outside Canada too?

variazioni

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anya654 said:
Did he apply from outside Canada too?
Yep he has the same country of citizenship as me and we are both outside Canada.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
variazioni said:
Yep he has the same country of citizenship as me and we are both outside Canada.
Sorry, one last question. Was his background check in progress or not started when he was contacted by CIC?

variazioni

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anya654 said:
Sorry, one last question. Was his background check in progress or not started when he was contacted by CIC?
Anya, it was not started and right now it's still not started even though he submitted new reference letter already.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
variazioni said:
Anya, it was not started and right now it's still not started even though he submitted new reference letter already.
Thanks for your response. Very strange indeed.