EE Applicants Outside Canada Please Network Here

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
niha76 said:
i have received 2nd AOR ON 4th june....still BG not started..
If you've received a 2nd AOR then I'm 90% sure your background check has started, they just haven't updated it on Mycic yet. You'll receive your PPR this month.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And we are still in limbo...

I don't know what to be looking out for! Which one of the following seems more likely to happen next?? ???

1. ECAS status change to In Progress

2. BG Check to "Started"

3. 2nd AOR

Righteous

Jun 2, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
And we are still in limbo...

I don't know what to be looking out for! Which one of the following seems more likely to happen next?? ???

1. ECAS status change to In Progress

2. BG Check to "Started"

3. 2nd AOR
2nd AOR >> ECAS in progress >> BG started was the order for me. PPR came in between ECAS and BG.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
niha76 said:
my ecas is still in application received stage
I'm sure it is just a matter of time for you before ECAS changes and PPR arrives!

Hope others in the group start getting the 2nd AOR shortly...

niha76

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
I'm sure it is just a matter of time for you before ECAS changes and PPR arrives!

Hope others in the group start getting the 2nd AOR shortly...
thanks anya and asivad.
i hope your words come true...but literally i dont understand how CIC is working.....

dmurtaza

Mar 20, 2015
All

most English speaking contries has two categories for background checks, High risk countries and Low risk Countries. Especially Australian immigration.

For each one of you, it will be different processing time for background checks depending where you have lived and how long you lived.

I am not going to speculate or assume the countries in each category, so dont ask.

someone born and raised in Europe will have different time scale as compare to someone born and raised in Asia.............. just one broad example

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dmurtaza said:
All

most English speaking contries has two categories for background checks, High risk countries and Low risk Countries. Especially Australian immigration.

For each one of you, it will be different processing time for background checks depending where you have lived and how long you lived.

I am not going to speculate or assume the countries in each category, so dont ask.

someone born and raised in Europe will have different time scale as compare to someone born and raised in Asia.............. just one broad example
Totally agree with this logic, makes a lot of sense.

But the problem here is that none of us have even got our BG verification as "Started". We can surely understand delay but this is inaction!

Righteous

Jun 2, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Totally agree with this logic, makes a lot of sense.

But the problem here is that none of us have even got our BG verification as "Started". We can surely understand delay but this is inaction!

I applied from outside of Canada and got my BG "in progress" since 01 June.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Righteous said:
Is this CIC's way of saying that we aren't on the righteous path? :p

Righteous

Jun 2, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Is this CIC's way of saying that we aren't on the righteous path? :p
Hahaha... My timeline looks almost like yours only that my ECAS changed to "in process" last few days of May. Few days later my BG changed too.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Righteous said:
Your background check changed to in progress on the same day you received your passport request. This means that when your background check was showing as not started it had actually started and was only updated on the d day of your passport request.

Righteous

Jun 2, 2015
Anya654 said:
Your background check changed to in progress on the same day you received your passport request. This means that when your background check was showing as not started it had actually started and was only updated on the d day of your passport request.

so it may mean that for many others too their BG check is actually "in process" but status not updated..

Elena101

Apr 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

This is my timeline:

27 MARCH - ITA (FSW)
16 APRIL - Application Submitted, 1st AOR, Medical Results Passed (several hours after submission)
Soon after that - ECAS access. Status: Application received, three lines (wrong dates)
26 MAY - 2nd AOR (thank you CIC)
No changes since then

My CIC:

Review of eligibility- Review in Progress
Review of medical results- Passed
A background check is needed- Not started

If my application is not being processed in Ottawa, it has probably been assigned to Warsaw

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Righteous said:
so it may mean that for many others too their BG check is actually "in process" but status not updated..
Exactly! So those of us who haven't seen any movement in their Mycic should not bother waiting for their background checks to be in process but should instead hope and pray for an AOR as this would mean that the end is near ;)