12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
MooseNBooze said:
Friends, I got PPR. Thanks for all your support. Let's keep in touch. I know that we have a tendency to be wary of our fellow countrymen/women but I think we should overcome any such reservations. Anyway, I am available to network at anytime. Just PM me in the next couple of months. Thank you all, and best wishes.
Great news! Congratulations!

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Guys i got ITA on 20th of April so i have 2 kids which is 13 and 6 years old and they are currently in Nepal.So my question is do they need to obtain PCC from Nepal.And also they they can do medical before i submit my application to cic.
Thanks in advance

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
RabinJi said:
Guys i got ITA on 20th of April so i have 2 kids which is 13 and 6 years old and they are currently in Nepal.So my question is do they need to obtain PCC from Nepal.And also they they can do medical before i submit my application to cic.
Thanks in advance
I don't think kids under 18 need a PCC, but they definitely need to undergo medical.

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Thanks for your prompt response,i have send you private message also long time ago,so they can do medical before i submit my application.Do you have any idea how long does it take to receive PCC from foreign countries?
Thanks
Rabin

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
RabinJi said:
Thanks for your prompt response,i have send you private message also long time ago,so they can do medical before i submit my application.Do you have any idea how long does it take to receive PCC from foreign countries?
Thanks
Rabin
They have to do medical before you submit.
PCC depends on the country. Some only take a day and others might take months.

Sorry about the private message. I don't speak Nepali.

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
By seeing the flag of Nepal i sent you private message in Nepali language so you are not from Nepal?I need to obtain PCC from Dubai and Afghanistan but yesterday i sent my complete documents to consulate in Ottawa and Vancouver.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
RabinJi said:
By seeing the flag of Nepal i sent you private message in Nepali language so you are not from Nepal?I need to obtain PCC from Dubai and Afghanistan but yesterday i sent my complete documents to consulate in Ottawa and Vancouver.
I live in Nepal, but i am not Nepali.

It's probably a good idea to apply for PCCs through a consulate. Hopefully you get them soon! Good luck

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Tocanadawego said:
I live in Nepal, but i am not Nepali.

It's probably a good idea to apply for PCCs through a consulate. Hopefully you get them soon! Good luck
Thank you so much

nirmal84

Jan 13, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
3rd Jan 2016
Passport Req..
5th May 2016
Hi all great to see the thread of Nepalese applying for EE :) Thanks to MooseNBooze for sharing the thread. Hope things are going on well with everyone :) Best wishes to all.

Gunnershat

Jun 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone there,
It might be odd and strange post for you guys, but take it positively !!

I am PR holder of Canada, Currently in Nepal and thinking of get married in Nepal. Is there anyone who have done BSC Nursing, Bachelor in Nursing (BN), Bachelor in Education or other Technical Degree’s which will make her to settle with a ease in Canada.

Please don’t take it in negative way.

Please reply to this post or email me on migratecanadaquick@gmail.com and we can speak further !!

Thanks

hope for the best

psharma.np

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Giving a BUMP to this thread! We are moving to Toronto on last week of July.

It seems Toronto is an expensive place to live and esp. for renting short term apartment. I looked at AirBnB but since I am relocating along with my spouse and 2 year old kid, it is difficult to find place for a family. I am still searching for short term rental.
I am in the IT sector, so it looks like there are jobs available & I spoke with some recruiters. But most of them want to contact after arriving in Canada.
I have not yet started packaging but I think I will keep focus on warm clothes and foods to take.

Also curious to know how other members are managing the relocation, temporary place to live and job search.

Cheers!

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
psharma.np said:
Giving a BUMP to this thread! We are moving to Toronto on last week of July.

It seems Toronto is an expensive place to live and esp. for renting short term apartment. I looked at AirBnB but since I am relocating along with my spouse and 2 year old kid, it is difficult to find place for a family. I am still searching for short term rental.
I am in the IT sector, so it looks like there are jobs available & I spoke with some recruiters. But most of them want to contact after arriving in Canada.
I have not yet started packaging but I think I will keep focus on warm clothes and foods to take.

Also curious to know how other members are managing the relocation, temporary place to live and job search.

Cheers!
Facing similar issues here. Airbnb is a good option for short-term rentals, even if you have a child (that narrows down the options, though). I've found one high rise in the Bloor line nearby High Park, 1 bdrm for $1209 including utilities, no credit/background check required, infested with cockroaches and even bedbugs (per online reviews) and I have yet to find a better option. There seem to be a number of basement units going for 1000-1200 range but then again, basements. In Toronto, with all that winter. No thanks, especially with our love for curry.

We're planning to land late July, looking to lock down a unit before we land, though. Fortunately, we have some relatives and friends in the area so we have a fallback. Or there's always Airbnb.

Good luck with your search and keep us updated.

psharma.np

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
I just realized that Nepal's driving license, at least the old ones, has date in Nepali calendar. Does anyone has experience of converting their Drivers License to English Calendar Date. I guess we can always translate it through Notary as well. But not sure if it is going to work or not.

Anyone has done this before? Plus is there any chance to get a SMART Driver license before the paper one expires ?

Thanks in advance.

psharma.np

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Forgot to mention that an additional letters are required to verify that License is authentic and driving history of 2+ years.

Here is the link - https://www.ontario.ca/page/exchange-out-province-drivers-licence

How to apply
To switch your licence for an Ontario driver’s licence, you need to apply in-person at a DriveTest centre or the ServiceOntario College Park location in downtown Toronto.

You need to:

take an eye test
bring original identification showing your legal name, date of birth and signature
bring your original, valid out-of-province/foreign driver’s licence*
bring any original supporting documents that show proof of your driving experience
pay the applicable fees
fill out an application form (where you will state how long you have been driving)
You might also need to take a written test or road tests, before you get a full licence. It depends on your circumstances.

ferielle28

Aug 28, 2019
Thanks again. I have exactly done the same. I hope everything goes fine with this ECA stuff for me.
Hi, I badly need help with all of you guys, my husband is nepalese and we send his education credentials from IST affiliated with Salzburg university and the report says NON RECOGNIZED institution. Any idea where at what we can do to get ECA for EE application. We understand that there's IQAS ICAS ICES but am afraid it would cost us lots of money and get the same response.

We have sent his academic transcript and diploma attested by the institution in sealed envelope. We asked his classmates who migrate in Australia if they have done the same, they told us that they only get an EQUIVALENCY CERTIFICATE from TU. any idea what is it about?

Thank you in advance.