Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
psharma.np said:
Anyone from Nepal has received PPR ?
Still waiting. Bg went in progress 3 days ago. Hoping for some good news.

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
Tocanadawego said:
Still waiting. Bg went in progress 3 days ago. Hoping for some good news.
Good sign. Very likely PPR on its way. All the best.

In other news, I'm stuck waiting for FBI PCC. My prints went through but my spouse's got rejected. A long wait for us. Starting to lose interest in moving back to North America. If only our country was stable enough (economically, politically etc. in every sense of the word, even in the literal sense - geologically stable 8)). The seismic waves and the Indian blockade did us in, especially my wife. But now there's some hope that it may get better. Who knows with this country, though. *Sigh*

Best wishes to all Nepali folks in this thread.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
MooseNBooze said:
Good sign. Very likely PPR on its way. All the best.

In other news, I'm stuck waiting for FBI PCC. My prints went through but my spouse's got rejected. A long wait for us. Starting to lose interest in moving back to North America. If only our country was stable enough (economically, politically etc. in every sense of the word, even in the literal sense - geologically stable 8)). The seismic waves and the Indian blockade did us in, especially my wife. But now there's some hope that it may get better. Who knows with this country, though. *Sigh*

Best wishes to all Nepali folks in this thread.
I can imagine how frustrating the FBI rejection is. i mean FBI just sucks. Such a long wait for such a small piece of paper. But don't give up. The report will come eventually. Patience is the key (something I don't have much of). And yes, the situation in Nepal is just dire. I feel the same way your wife does. Earthquake was horrible but what followed was even worse and I am just ready to go to a place I can at least sleep without fear at night.
Oh well, hopefully we all get some good news this year. fingers crossed.

psharma.np

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Good to hear back from fellow netizens. It seems FBI PCC is a pain in the neck but mine went really smooth. I received PPR and sent PP to New Delhi this week. Hopefully everything will go fine from now.
Yes, I don't want to complain but the situation here is forcing many people to look for alternatives. Like others I wish it was better and we did not have to look for "safer"/"hopeful" pasture. It is really depressing to see that not a single sector of this country has gotten any better...
Which city are you guys looking to relocate - Toronto/Ottawa (as I am OIPNP) ? What are the things to consider ?

Lets keep in touch share our ideas.

Good Luck!

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
psharma.np said:
Good to hear back from fellow netizens. It seems FBI PCC is a pain in the neck but mine went really smooth. I received PPR and sent PP to New Delhi this week. Hopefully everything will go fine from now.
Yes, I don't want to complain but the situation here is forcing many people to look for alternatives. Like others I wish it was better and we did not have to look for "safer"/"hopeful" pasture. It is really depressing to see that not a single sector of this country has gotten any better...
Which city are you guys looking to relocate - Toronto/Ottawa (as I am OIPNP) ? What are the things to consider ?

Good Luck!
Congratulations! That's great news! I take it you'll be moving soon? I think I am also aiming for Ontario, but not sure yet. Will start looking for jobs before the move and the place I land will depend on that I suppose.

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
Tocanadawego said:
Congratulations! That's great news! I take it you'll be moving soon? I think I am also aiming for Ontario, but not sure yet. Will start looking for jobs before the move and the place I land will depend on that I suppose.
Congratulations, psharma.np! Everything will be fine, I'm sure. As to where in Canada, Tocanadawego's plan is legit. However, might be near impossible to find a job from outside Canada, especially with no relevant Canadian work experience. If, and a big if, we get COPR, we will be looking at GTA. Vancouver is also appealing but I wouldn't go there unless I (or my wife) get a six figure salary ;D. Other places don't interest me much. I would rather open a hole in the wall eatery in GTA and struggle to feed my family than earn upper-five figure or low six figure salary in, say, Regina :p (I might be tempted if it were Winnipeg or Edmonton or Calgary if I get a good job with future prospects but that salary better be really good). But I don't kid myself. I would be lucky to get a decent 5-figure salary anywhere in Canada, whether in my field (not possible right away since I'm in a regulated profession) or not.

No harm in weighing options and theorizing how life would be in an alternate universe, right? 8)

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
MooseNBooze said:
Congratulations, psharma.np! Everything will be fine, I'm sure. As to where in Canada, Tocanadawego's plan is legit. However, might be near impossible to find a job from outside Canada, especially with no relevant Canadian work experience. If, and a big if, we get COPR, we will be looking at GTA. Vancouver is also appealing but I wouldn't go there unless I (or my wife) get a six figure salary ;D. Other places don't interest me much. I would rather open a hole in the wall eatery in GTA and struggle to feed my family than earn upper-five figure or low six figure salary in, say, Regina :p (I might be tempted if it were Winnipeg or Edmonton or Calgary if I get a good job with future prospects but that salary better be really good). But I don't kid myself. I would be lucky to get a decent 5-figure salary anywhere in Canada, whether in my field (not possible right away since I'm in a regulated profession) or not.

No harm in weighing options and theorizing how life would be in an alternate universe, right? 8)
Oh yeah, definitely! I would be willing to go anywhere where there is a good work opportunity. If we stay in Saskatoon for a year, that doesn't mean we cannot move to Toronto later on, right? Once in Canada, everything will be possible - or so I like to believe :)

Evernabin

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
psharma.np said:

Good Luck!

Congratulations psharma.np
I have also applied for OINP and my application package was delivered on 1st march. So I was thinking if you could share your timeline with me. it seems like a long wait.

psharma.np

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Yes it took me almost 10 months to get CoPR starting from an application for OIPNP. I got my ITA on Oct 23 after getting nomination from Ontario and applied on Dec 6. So, there was a lot of paper processing and document submission in between.

But I must accept that everything went good in my case so I was able to get COPR early.

Good Luck!

Evernabin

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
psharma.np said:
Yes it took me almost 10 months to get CoPR starting from an application for OIPNP. I got my ITA on Oct 23 after getting nomination from Ontario and applied on Dec 6. So, there was a lot of paper processing and document submission in between.

But I must accept that everything went good in my case so I was able to get COPR early.

Good Luck!
One concern that is worrying me, I have sent each pages of my MRP with my OINP package but I have not sent the older passport. it never came to my mind actually. Though there was nothing in older passport, should I have sent it?? If I should have then what should I do now???

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
Evernabin said:
One concern that is worrying me, I have sent each pages of my MRP with my OINP package but I have not sent the older passport. it never came to my mind actually. Though there was nothing in older passport, should I have sent it?? If I should have then what should I do now???
Yes, you should have IF your MRP was issued less than 2 years prior to submitting OINP app. If that condition applies and you did not include copies from your previous passport, then I suggest you send them immediately (use a courier service). Include a brief LOE and politely ask them to attach the document to your application file. From what I've heard, they are pretty accommodating to such requests, compared to IRCC at least. You should be fine.

Keep in mind, though, that I didn't apply for OINP so I'm not an expert. I did, however, do some extensive research on the topic. Here's the link to the official Guide that discusses the passport copy requirements (Human Capital Priorities Stream) (refer to page 16)

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps.pdf

Best wishes to you.

psharma.np

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
MooseNBooze is right and as suggested if your old password expired less than two years before the submission of OINP application, you should submit ALL pages of your OLD password as well. I would also recommend to immediately send copies of ALL pages of your OLD password through express delivery asap.

See this on page 14 of http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps.pdf

Please provide a copy of your entire passport:
 The passport copy must include clear copies of each page including all blank
pages, Temporary Resident Visas, entry stamps, and/or any other
immigration stamps. You must also include copies of Work Permits, Study
Permits, and/or any other Canadian immigration documents;
 Your passport must have been valid for at least two years prior to submission
of your nominee application. If your passport has not been valid for at least
two years (i.e., the previous passport expired less than two years before the
submission of the nominee application), then copies of all of the pages of
your previous passport must also be included; AND
 Your passport should be valid for at least two more years. If you are unable
to renew your passport prior to applying to the program, you must apply with
your current passport with an explanation of why your passport could not be
renewed at the time of the application.Please provide a copy of your entire passport:
 The passport copy must include clear copies of each page including all blank
pages, Temporary Resident Visas, entry stamps, and/or any other
immigration stamps. You must also include copies of Work Permits, Study
Permits, and/or any other Canadian immigration documents;
 Your passport must have been valid for at least two years prior to submission
of your nominee application. If your passport has not been valid for at least
two years (i.e., the previous passport expired less than two years before the
submission of the nominee application), then copies of all of the pages of
your previous passport must also be included; AND
 Your passport should be valid for at least two more years. If you are unable
to renew your passport prior to applying to the program, you must apply with
your current passport with an explanation of why your passport could not be
renewed at the time of the application.

Evernabin

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
thank you PPL, I will send the docs right away but I doubt they will accept it. I messed up after that much of effort I put into it. :-[

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
Friends, I got PPR. Thanks for all your support. Let's keep in touch. I know that we have a tendency to be wary of our fellow countrymen/women but I think we should overcome any such reservations. Anyway, I am available to network at anytime. Just PM me in the next couple of months. Thank you all, and best wishes.