+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE and Bridging open work permit

tyler2000

Mar 5, 2019
Hi all,

My spouse and I applied for PR through EE and while waiting, my spouse applied for bridging open work permit. Shortly after the bridging open work permit was approved, our PR application was rejected. I am worried the work permit will be cancelled, is there any chance of that? If not, she would like to apply for a study permit as she was taking online courses however has been recently told to provide a new study permit or elsr will not be able to proceed. Should she or should she not apply for a study permit to risk losing her bridging open work permit?

thanks

should anyone interested in my reason of rejection, more detail in link below:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/express-entry-rejection-due-to-noc-mismatch.615545/

Last edited:

Adpr

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
If the pr application was rejected then the bridging permit will also be rejected.

tyler2000

Mar 5, 2019
Thank you for your reply. When did you apply?
I entered the pool around August 2018, invited to apply October, submitted everything November, rejected late February 2019. Applied bridging work permit December and approved a week before PR's rejection

Becikl007

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
As far as I know the BOWP is valid until its expiry date even if the PR app got rejected. Someone will surely correct me if I am wrong.

tyler2000

Mar 5, 2019
As far as I know the BOWP is valid until its expiry date even if the PR app got rejected. Someone will surely correct me if I am wrong.
thanks, that is what i am hoping as well.. i really hope no one will correct you lol but I will wait. Thanks again!

wontonwrap

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
On the AOR letter they mention about BOWP will be cancelled if your PR rejected due to incompleteness. I’m not sure about other reasons... I want to know as well.

Reactions: vikcad

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Why not just call CIC and confirm?

You don't try to appeal the PR decision? What NOC did you use and why is it not match?

Becikl007

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
On the AOR letter they mention about BOWP will be cancelled if your PR rejected due to incompleteness. I’m not sure about other reasons... I want to know as well.
His app was rejected after 4 months, which means his completeness check or R10 was surely completed. 99% sure his BOWP remains valid now.

Reactions: tyler2000

tyler2000

Mar 5, 2019
Thanks for this, i went back and checked AOR letter, it said:

"You are cautioned that if we reject your application for permanent residence as incomplete:
• we will refuse your completed application for a bridging open work permit; and
• your processing fees for a bridging open work permit will not be refunded."

i believe what it meant is if my bridging open work permit is not approved at the time of my PR application rejection, i will not be approved for my bridging open work permit but not necessary cancelled.