+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

educational qualifications query

geetsmoudshar

Jan 21, 2019
Hi,

I have a 4 year Bachelor of Engineering degree and a 2 year MBA and a one year Bachelor in education.
In WES report since I shared only my BE and MBA I received a summary as : 4 year of BE and a one year post graduate diploma.

Will adding my B.Ed of 1 year be of any help?

My other friend with similar educational qualification had mentioned and supplied transcripts of all 3 courses. She has a 9 year education as per WES.

Please let me knowif I should re-apply in WES along with my B.Ed.

Regards,
Geets

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
The highest points in education category are given to those with a master's degree. Second-highest points are given to those with two or more degrees. The points are not based on number of years of education. It would be pointless to send your B.ed. for evaluation as it wouldn't add any points to your crs score. With your current evaluation you will get points for two or more degrees.

g90

Sep 26, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi,

I have a 4 year Bachelor of Engineering degree and a 2 year MBA and a one year Bachelor in education.
In WES report since I shared only my BE and MBA I received a summary as : 4 year of BE and a one year post graduate diploma.

Will adding my B.Ed of 1 year be of any help?

My other friend with similar educational qualification had mentioned and supplied transcripts of all 3 courses. She has a 9 year education as per WES.

Please let me knowif I should re-apply in WES along with my B.Ed.

Regards,
Geets
I also got my B Ed evaluated by WES as a bachelors degree (four years). But even then, my masters was evaluated as one year postgraduate diploma.

So even if you send your B Ed, WES will not give your a masters equivalency. So your points in EE will not increase. At present, you will get points for two or more credentials, I think.
So no need to go for ECA again.

Good luck.

geetsmoudshar

Jan 21, 2019
I also got my B Ed evaluated by WES as a bachelors degree (four years). But even then, my masters was evaluated as one year postgraduate diploma.

So even if you send your B Ed, WES will not give your a masters equivalency. So your points in EE will not increase. At present, you will get points for two or more credentials, I think.
So no need to go for ECA again.

Good luck.
Thanks!
but I checked with one of my classmates, her MBA (same university, same college) was treated as a masters degree by WES in november 2018, suddenly why mine is treated as an equivalent to a one year PG diploma...I am thoroughly confused!

geetsmoudshar

Jan 21, 2019
The highest points in education category are given to those with a master's degree. Second-highest points are given to those with two or more degrees. The points are not based on number of years of education. It would be pointless to send your B.ed. for evaluation as it wouldn't add any points to your crs score. With your current evaluation you will get points for two or more degrees.
sure thanks a lot! just wondering why my MBA has been treated as a one year PG diploma while students from my university are treated as masters by WES, same university same college!!

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
sure thanks a lot! just wondering why my MBA has been treated as a one year PG diploma while students from my university are treated as masters by WES, same university same college!!

Like I said earlier, evaluating your B.ed will not solve this problem. This is a different issue altogether. Raise this problem with WES via email. Send them proof that they previously evaluated the same course as master's for your friend. And request them for a change in evaluation of your master's.